samandjack.net



Colonel Jack O’Neill sighed and turned to leave the infirmary. Carter was going to be alright. 'At least physically,' he thought soberly.



"You did it, Sam. You won."

"It wasn't me."

"Oh, yes, it was. You hung in there you beat it."

"The Gou'ald gave its life for me. Saved me."



O'Neill scrubbed his hand through his short sandy hair. Could he have been wrong? Could that thing really have been a good Gou'ald.



"Let me go. Let me go though the Stargate. I will find another host and send your friend back to you."

"You can do that? Leave a host with out killing them?"

"Yes. It is possible, but not easy. I could die, but I promise I will try."

"That Nasyan man died when you left him."

"The Nasyan man died first, that is why I left him. He was beyond my natural abilities to heal."

"What were you doing there in the first place?"

"Carter's mind would be intact. She would return to you as you knew her before."

"You know I can't trust you."

"I could have killed you and many others when you stopped me from going through the Stargate."

"You didn't want to die yourself."

"They would not have killed me. I am too valuable."

"Which is exactly why we will never let you go."

"I have done nothing to harm you. You would not let me go even if you did believe me."



Sam's words still rung in his ears.



"Oh, he's telling you the truth! Please, Jack! NO! Jack! Please don't leave me. Please, give me a chance! Don't leave me like this! PLEASE!"



He sighed tiredly. 'What a day,' he thought as he headed toward the control room to see what the commotion up there had been. He pushed the door out of the infirmary open and nearly collided with Jackson and Teal'c. Teal'c had a hold on Jackson helping in to the infirmary.

"What the," he started by suddenly, Jackson's knees buckled and O'Neill grabbed a hold of him to steady him while Teal'c shifted his grip. Jackson groaned in pain and clutched his head.

"Oh, for crying out loud," O'Neill said, sliding his arm under Jackson's other shoulder and shoving the door back open. "What happened?" he demanded as they lead Jackson over to an empty bed.

"The Ashrak is dead," Teal'c said, simply and stepped back as Jackson collapsed back onto the bed.

"Ok, that good. But what the heck happened to Jackson?" O'Neill turned to stare at the Jaffa, but Jackson caught his arm.

"How... how's Sam?" he asked fixing him with glassy eyes. He looked like he was going into shock.

O'Neill squeezed his shoulder. "She's going to be ok. The Gou'ald is dead, but she's alright."

Just then Doctor Frazier rushed over and started to examine Jackson. "I heard what happened. How do you feel, Doctor Jackson?"

"Like I got shot with a Zat gun," Jackson said glaring at Teal'c.

"Would someone tell me what's going on!?" O'Neill snapped in exasperation.

"Teal'c shot me with a Zat gun," Jackson looking at him as if he hadn't been paying attention.

"What?" Frazier shot him a look and he lowered his voice. "Teal'c you did what?"

Teal'c gave him an innocent look. "The Ashrak had taken him hostage in an attempt for force General Hammond to open the Stargate."

"I told him it wouldn't work, " Jackson said attempting to sit up. Doctor Frazier gave him a wither look and he laid back down. She started to take his blood pressure.

O'Neill looked at Teal'c motioning for him to go on. The Jaffa frowned but continued. "When we were alerted of an intruder in the embarkation room, I knew it was most likely the Ashrak trying to escape. So on the way there, I check a Zat gun out of the armory. It would stun the Ashrak long enough to release Daniel Jackson. Then the Ashrak could be dealt with separately."

"Only, the Ashrak was holding on to me when Teal'c stunned him," Jackson said tiredly.

Doctor Frazier stood up. "Doctor Jackson is going to be fine, but I still want to run a few test on him. This the first chance we've had to study the effects of a Zat gun on person."

"Great," Jackson said with frustrated sigh. "Not only do I get shot, now I get to be a guinea pig."

Teal'c cocked an eyebrow. "A guinea pig."

O'Neill chuckled, "I'll explain later."

Doctor Frazier grabbed a hold of both the men by the arm and started ushering them toward the door. "Now I need to work on my patient. You can talk to him about this later."

"Got ya', Doc," O'Neill said. He turned back looked at Jackson. "You take it easy, Daniel. Got it. I came close to losing two of my team today. I don't like that."

Jackson nodded. "Got it, Jack. And don't worry. I don't plan on doing this again. Ever." He glanced to Teal'c, "Thanks, Teal'c, but don't ever do that again."

"I am glad you are well, also, and I will not, Daniel Jackson," Teal'c said and started to turn, "Unless I have too."



The End.