samandjack.net

Story Notes: Thanks to V for giving me the idea. Ooh and R Kelly for giving her the idea! And feedback please, it makes me write more :>


****************
Letter one: I'm Sorry.
****************



3/5/2000

Dear Sam,

Don't screw this up and throw it away, please read what I have to say. I know I don't deserve it, but please hear me out. I've never been good with my feelings so it's kinda good you're avoiding me and not taking my calls - this way I can write what I have to say without any mistakes.

I came over today to see you, but Daniel answered the door. He told me to leave, but I wouldn't. Then Teal'c came along and well, when he told me to leave I did. I wanted to apologize for the hundredth time, I hoped this time you'd hear me out but no such luck.

I can't believe what's happened, Sam, I can't believe what I did. I can't just let you slip away, Sam, I can't. I can't let you close the door on me, on us, on what we have. I can't stop thinking about what I did and with every breath I take, every beat of my heart, I regret it, I wish I hadn't done it. I'm telling you, Sam, if I could turn back the hands of time I would change what I did so I wouldn't hurt you and then, you see, you'd still be mine. I would do anything to change the past, anything to keep you at my side.

I know what I did was wrong, and I admit that now. I don't know why I ever denied what I did. I was trying to pretend that I hadn't done anything. I couldn't admit my mistakes because I didn't want to hurt you. And you put up with so much, so many lies and even when you began to suspect I was lying you never said anything. I like to think it was because you loved me so much, you had enough love for both of us and I betrayed that love with lies.

Now that you know the truth, now that I've realized how much I love you, now I've lost the fear to show you that love, you're gone and I'm alone. Don't get me wrong I'm not apologizing because I'm alone, I'm apologizing because I love you, Sam.

I'm begging you, Sam, take me back, please. I need you in my life and I hate what I've done and the pain I've caused you. I don't know what possessed me to hurt you, Sam, but I do know I'll never do it again. Please, give me a second chance. I know I don't deserve a second chance but our love does - it ended before it began.

I'm sorry, Jack.

XX



***********



End Notes: The End, all feedback welcomed. There are more letters to come :>