samandjack.net

Story Notes: Four Drabbles: Author's Notes: I have not seen the episode yet, but this is my take of the aftermath, from four points of view.

Episode reference: Grace.


Lost

A sure bet. But too many in her life have caused her pain. And she can't have him. Especially because the world needs them both. No matter what they might want.

She doesn't want to be alone any more. She was alone on that ship, and it frightened her. Kept company only by delusions and ghosts. Too bad one of those delusions was right. She loves him, but isn't allowed to. Too many others need her for her to resign. She will always love him, hoping one day she can have him, but right now...she's afraid of being alone.



Found

Jack. And thank you. He doesn't know why she said it. He doesn't know what it means. They had lost her for a time. On that ship. But now he had her back. And she was changed. More open, more sad, more alone. He would give anything to be there for her, give her his love openly, and companionship. But they were needed by so many.

She loves him. He loves her. They both know. They both can't. They could not acknowledge this love . But it was there. Love meant one thing. Wanting her to be happy. Whatever the cost.



Searching

When he met them, he doubted them. He knew her intelligence, but doubted her strength. He knew his courage, but doubted his devotion. He learned better. He never doubted they loved one another. Their feelings are known to him, and some only by him. They trust in him, and he keeps their feelings safe, secret.

Now things are different. They both feel the same about each other. But the situation is reversed. She is not smart enough to accept his love, and the other is too afraid to risk rejection. One day they will realize. Hopefully before it's too late.



Hiding

He knows. They do their jobs well, professionally, but he knows. They love each other. He is both glad and angry that they do not act on this. Glad, because they are not allowed to. They would be punished. Sad, because they deserve it. Neither should be alone. They would be good for each other.

This recent incident is worrying. She seems to have changed, reprioritized. He does not know what it may mean, for them, and for the base. Will she finally claim her love, leaving her job? Or something else, hurting the man who loves her? Some choice.