samandjack.net

Story Notes: This is what I did when I was supposed to be doing my Business Studies exam.

Feedback: Hell yeah! Don’t make me beg, hit reply and stroke my ego please.
E-mail: venom69@iprimus.com.au

Dedication: As always, for LEW.

Date: 2/4/2004

Copyright © to Venom, 2003


What He Knows


You’re not a smart man.

You’re the first to admit that. You don’t hold a degree in astrophysics, you can’t speak twenty-three languages (You can speak five, but no one knows that) You can’t decipher ancient texts. You can’t Kel’no’reem and you can’t heal quickly. There are some things that you know, however. Some things that you’re sure of. Some things you’ve known for years.

You’ve known for seven years that nothing could ever happen between the two of you. You knew it the moment she walked into the briefing room. She was, and still is, all blue eyes, blonde hair and a set of legs that go on forever.

You’ve known for six years that you’re attracted to her. And now you’re reasonably sure that you’ll never *ever* be able to even *think* about a tank top again in the same way. Not that you really mind.

You’ve known for five years that you have real feelings for her. And all it took was Jolinar to make you see it. Hearing her call out your name had made you want to hear it more often, in different circumstances. And you’ll never admit that you cried when you thought she was dying.

You’ve known for four years that those feelings are much deeper than expected. Being away from home, away from her for three months with nothing but a poor substitute gave you the kick up the ass you needed.

You’ve known for three years that you love her. Seeing her trapped behind that force shield, begging you to leave her, to save yourself will be one of the many images that haunts you forever.

You’ve known for two years that you want to see her pregnant with your child, your ring on her finger. With everything that happened with Nirity and Cassie, you got to see her nurturing side again. And you like it.

You’ve known for a year that it’s never going to happen.

You saw her expression as she talked about him. She was humming. You wished that you were the one to make her hum.

But you can’t be.

You are, however, the one she comes to when she has a bad day. The one she talks to. You’re the shoulder that she cries on. The personal that she trusts with her life. The person that loves her more than anyone or anything in the universe.

And it’s time you told her.

***

End