samandjack.net

Story Notes: This isn't an S/J story./horrified gasp/ I wrote it just to prove that I can write non S/J. Enjoy this story, because it will be the only one of it's kind. :-) The strain of not adding in ship is too much for me, and I dare not attempt it again. :-) (okay, I cheated slightly: They grin at each other. It may not seem like anything in the story, but in my mind they're grinning like idiots, and then they come closer and closer and.... Oh, this is supposed to be non- S/J. Right. I can do this. HELP!!!!)

Okay, originally this was season 7. I had placed it there, because we didn't find any motherships until later in the series; however, I realized that it would work for season 6, too, and decided to change it. I thought that it was fitting, considering Corin Nemec is in the music video to this song. This is a fabulous song, and it's a great video! Enjoy

Feedback: PLEASE!!! As an aspiring writer, I want very much to improve my writing. I ask that you be brutally honest. Flaming for the sake of flaming is appreciated as well, as they are used to roast marshmallows. :-)

Email: sg1girl2000@yahoo.com
Copyright Jessica Rodgers November 2003


Whiskey For My Men


*Justice is the one thing you should always find - you've got to saddle up your boys - you've got to draw a hard line*

It had been a tough mission, worse than most, but they had come through in ususal SG-1 fashion, with only minor cuts and bruises to show for their intense fire-fight. In the end, they had freed another world from the Goa'uld and justice had been served. In the process, they had formed a new ally and had managed to recover yet another mothership, one which Jack was determined to keep. They had gotten through it without any overnight stays in the informary, a fact for which they were all very thankful. "You guys up for poker?" Jack asked as they left the briefing room. When his team answered in the affirmative, he smiled. "Alright. My place."

*When the gunsmoke settles - we'll sing a victory tune- and we'll all meet back at the local saloon*

The two men gave a sigh as Sam again took their money. "Shark." Jack muttered, a look of dismay directed to the tiny pile of money he had left. "Teal'c," Sam looked over at the Jaffa, contented with his self- apointed role of baby-sitter, as he sat on the couch watching Star Trek. "Are you sure you don't want to play?" "I am sure, Major Carter." She shrugged. "What'll it be, boys?" She asked, as she shuffled the cards. "Well, for one, you can let someone else shuffle!" Jack said as he snatched the cards away from her. She giggled in response, and he looked at her, annoyed. "Didn't we talk about the whole, not giggling thing?" He questioned. "Yes sir, sorry sir." She said, straightening up with mock seriousness. "But I'm still going to beat you at cards." "I'm out." Jonas announced, smiling. It was the first time he'd played poker. "At the rate I'm going I won't be able to buy food. Where'd you learn to play, anyway?" Sam grinned. "I'm an Air Force brat." She said, as if that explained everything. "So?" The two questioned in unison. Smiling, Sam answered. "You have to learn to be good at poker so you can beat all the jerks who think they're better than you. I would challenge them, beat them, and when they were finished cussing me out, I would inform them of who my father was." Jonas and Jack laughed. "That's mean, Carter." Jack told her, grinning. "I know." She grinned right back. "Beer, anyone?"

*We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces - singing whiskey for my men and beer for my horses*

It had been a tough mission, worst than most, but they had come through in usual SG-1 fashion, celebrating with a poker night. Jack looked around his living room, and grinned to see his friends having fun with a popcorn fight. Even Teal'c was participating. Grabbing some stray kernels, he joined in, catching a surprised Jonas in the back of his head. Could he ever give up his team? They were so much more than a team; they were a family. Even Jonas was starting to grow on him. The mothership, he admitted, was negotiable, but SG1 was stuck with him forever.

The End



End Notes: PLEASE SEND FEEDBACK!!!!! Pretty please with cherries on top? :-) sg1girl2000@yahoo.com You'll make me very happy...........