samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: copy-cat@t-online.de

CATEGORY: Sam and Jack

SPOILERS: D&C

SEASON/SEQUEL: Set after Divide and Conquer / Sequel to Because I didn't say 'I love you'

CONTENT WARNINGS: none

SUMMARY: Jack' s thoughts about the events of D&C

ARCHIVE: Wherever you want, just let me know so I can boost my ego a bit

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Okay this part two of something I didn't think would get a part two... Anyway this is for Jo Ann, since she asked for it it should be hers.


Because she said it

You know restraint is a wonderful thing that you learn in the military.

And I am career military, so go figure.

But today I was tempted. Temptation had its claws around my throat threatening to suffocate me if I should remain silent.

And I wouldn't have, but the tragedy that ended the day prevented me from saying anything.

Denial is a wonderful thing, too. I was into denial for so long that a nearly believed it myself. But now everything is out in the open.

And why is that? All of that is, as it is now, because she said it.

People think I am a very brave man, faced with danger I laugh and joke.

The truth is the only time I really feel alive is when the adrenaline of fear runs through my veins.

Or when she smiles at me.

I'm not a romantic kinda guy, but with her? With her all the roses in the world and every candle I could lit combined with the best poetry human kind ever came up with wouldn't be enough. Not for her.

But today I was tempted to try.

Revelation tends to be a good thing, generally. But why do the two of us always get ourselves into these embarrassingly revealing situations?

What I said today was, as usual, the coward's way out. I might be a brave man when it comes to battle, but I'm a coward when it comes to feelings. And she's a coward, too. When feelings are concerned, I mean. But today she was brave, she stood before me trying to make me understand what the hell she was talking about and all I did was making it harder for her.

And instead of cowering back she confronted me, it, love.

I know I love her and now I know that she loves me too, because she said it.

FINI



End Notes: Okay, for those of you who now think: Wait a second, wasn't the other story titled "Because I *didn't* say 'I love you'"? You are right and there will be a sequel, if you want it that is. :)

So send feedback to let me know. Please?