samandjack.net

Story Notes: ARCHIVE: SJA, yes

AUTHOR'S NOTES: 26-Mar-2003 I guess I'm writing a series of "Moments" stories. I just hope I don't have to go all the way through the alphabet, although I'm already thinking of titles.. :)

Feedback greatly appreciated.


As the sun rose over the horizon, the golden light reached for the hollow of the valley. It glistened off the moisture from the light rain that had fallen overnight, making thousands of tiny pinpricks of light in the trees, on cobwebs, and on the ground. It was a breathtaking sight, one that could never grow old. Especially since this world was so clean and pristine, almost like new.

Yet he had no eyes for it. His eyes were fixed on another source of wonder. Sleeping peacefully in the tent, he could just make out her face beneath the tousled blonde hair. As the light strengthened he could see that she was smiling slightly, and he knew she was dreaming.

He'd need to get them up soon. There was work to be done before their return, and it would take most of the day. But he couldn't bring himself to move just yet. When she slept the concern and stress left her face, things he hated to see, yet he knew that it was there in all of them. If only he could help remove them forever. Maybe one day, when this war with the Goa'uld was over.

She stirred, her body clock kicking in. The moment was over, yet not forgotten. She glanced up and smiled at him, still half asleep. He smiled back. They both knew he had been watching her for some time. It's what kept them going. Moments like these. Moments of beauty.

~end~



End Notes: Thanks for reading. I'm always looking for ways to improve my writing. Please let me know what you think!