samandjack.net

Story Notes: Authors note: Just a little piece. Something like an epilogue for our heroes after Stargate is all done and finished. You didn't really think they’ll work till they where 100 did you?


I look out over the beach. The salty air tickles my senses, and the water rushes over my feet. It's warm water inviting me to join it. I kick absently at a piece of sand that my toes had captured. I remove my glasses cleaning them before I replace them on my nose.

It's been so long. Too long. Years gone by without seeing one another. Yes, there were the traditional Christmas and birthday cards. But we hadn't had the chance to come as a group again. To share the much sought after laughter that we shared.

SG-1. That's who we where. Stargate team one. The leaders of mankind through to worlds that we could only dream of. We had shared everything. laughter, tear's, blood long shed by missions and sacrifices that we had all made. We gave our everything. We gave our souls to the project. To one another. Each one placing a blind hand of trust in the other. A team. But we where so much more then that. We were a family.

The words ring in my head. Creating a buzz. Remembering one fine summer day that we had shared. We had come to this beach, in search for a place for a picnic and a place away from the prying eyes of civilization. So we decided on having our picnic here. A place we would never forget. A place that I stand now. Waiting. Searching for familiar faces as I remember why I am standing here..........



Sam jumped to her feet, surprising them all as she always did. Her smile was bright and her eyes sparkled as they reflected from the sea. She pulled all of them to their feet and motioned to follow her. She dropped to her feet beside the cave and began to dig. They just watched her as she dug as deep as she could, making a small hole. She then turned to them, pulling out a napkin from her pocket.

"Jack give me your pocket knife." She told him. He handed it to her wordlessly. She flicked the knife open before laying down the napkin. She turned to them saying, "Let's make a pact." No one exchanged glances or made a noise. "Let's promise that in 10 years we'll meet back here. Just like we are now. Let's promise that no matter what we’re doing, we'll meet back here and remember." She ran the blade over her index finger and let the blood ooze.

"That we will remember who we were and what we are today. A family." She said and grabbed Jacks finger. She did the same swipe across his finger, then did the same to Daniel and Teal'c. "Remember, we’re all family. Everyone of us. Blood is thicker then water." She drew a line in blood across the napkin. She then reached over and guided Jack's and Daniel's to do the same. By the time Teal'c finished they had made a square. Each line connected to the other. Each line running into the other, so that it formed a sort of circle. Each one equal and the same.

There where no words of germs or cleanliness. Each one of them knew what the other was thinking. Each one accepting that they were a family. That the bond they shared was never to be broken. A group of friends bounded by faith to form a family they never had. A love they had never felt. They where bound together by this single square. A unit. A family.

Sam folded the napkin once, then twice. She kissed the napkin and lowered it into the ground. She started reburying it and they smiled at one another as she stood. Each one wordlessly grabbed the other and hugged as a group. Nothing was said for a moment. Time strung past them, winding on in its meaningless job. Sam broke first and giggled. She ruffled Daniel’s hair and he swatted her arm away. Teal'c smiled and high fived Jack as they ran towards the water.............



I never forgot that day. I don't think any of us did. We all remembered it, cherished it. Looking forward to the day when we would some day meet again. Seeing how the others had grown and what had become of one another. That's why we all came wordlessly to this spot. We felt a piece long forgotten reopen, like an old wound. I was early of course. As usual. Teal'c not far behind me. He arrived dressed causally in jeans and a t-shirt. His eyes were large, curious as they once were.

"Daniel Jackson." He says slowly, letting the words roll off his tongue as they once used to. I turn and smile, my eyes bright and shinning. He extends his hand and we shake before pulling each other in for a hearty hug. "It is good to see you my friend." Teal'c says smiling.

"It is." I say giving him another hug. We stare at each other, trying to remember what we looked like 10 years ago. I had certainly grown taller, but I felt I was the same. Teal'c was different. The clean air of the woods giving him a rugged look, not so pale and sickly as he was long ago. He looked worn in. If that was possible. Not so plastic looking and straight out of the box Barbie.

"Is this a private party or can anyone jump in?" They heard an all too familiar female voice say behind them. Daniel whirled seeing Sam standing there smiling. "Well don't just stand there give the woman a hug." We heard Jack say from behind her. She looked over her shoulder and smiled, her fingers wrapping around his. We all grabbed each other as we had that day and hugged.

Eventually Sam protested, holding her stomach. "Guy's your gonna push the twins out at this rate." She said pulling back slightly. Daniel stood back. His hands rested on the large bulge under her blue dress. Daniel looked at Jack as he wrapped his arms around his wife and hugged her.

"Sam, you’re so big." Daniel exclaimed patting her stomach gently. She laughed. Daniel smiled at the sound. He hadn't heard laughter like that in years. Her laugh still sounded like bells in the wind.

"Thanks Daniel." She said giggling again. "Teal'c you look good. How's the house in Canada?" She asked smiling. Teal'c nodded and slapped Jack on the back, to show how proud he was. "Good. It's really feeling like home now." He smiled. Daniel smiled. Everybody smiled.

It was such a good feeling. Even if they did look silly, standing around grinning like baboons. Each one was content just studying the others trying to piece together what had happened. "I hear you are no longer Colonel O'Neill but General O'Neill. "Teal'c said smiling at his friend as he lowered his wife to the blanket he had spread out.

"Yeah." He said sitting behind her, so that she could lean against him. "Nice and close to Sam and the boys." He said proudly patting her stomach. "Or girls" He put in when Sam shot him a look. Daniel laughed.

"She’s still telling you whose boss Jack." Daniel said, eliciting a giggle and a groan out of Sam and Jack. Daniel patted Sam's stomach. "Soon you might have 3 women telling you whose boss." Jack groaned and shook his head.

"I don't know Daniel, if this keeps up," She smothered her smile. "I don't think Jack will live long enough to see them." Jack started laughing and Sam smiled up at him. "He attempted to set up the nursery yesterday. Almost killed himself in the process." Daniel grinned as Sam indicated the bruises on Jack's arms that where circling her.

"So Daniel." Jack said eager to change the subject. "I got around to seeing your rocks on display in that big museum. Impressive." He said grinning. "I said to Sam, 'One day Sam, Space Monkey is gonna be famous 'cause of his rocks." He said in an Kentucky Accent.

Everyone laughed, even Daniel. It felt good laughing along to Jacks jokes again. No matter how lame they were, he always brightened them with them. "Artifacts Jack, Artifacts." Sam said nudging him in the ribs and that caused them into fits of laughter again.

After the laughter was said and done they ate lunch and talked about the past and the things that had happened after they had left the Stargate program. They said a gentle prayer for General Hammond who had died 4 years ago. Then laughed as Sam told them of Janet catching Cassie in bed with her biker boyfriend.

Their little Cassie had grown up and was fast learning the life of an adult. Teal'c made them promise that they'd all come stay at his cabin when they where all free. Teal'c had even offered to teach Jack how to fish for trout. So Jack had said that they all had to come and visit when the twins were born.

Daniel sat back, feeling freedom that he hadn't felt in years. His bone weary body gave into the soft sounds of laughter and he relaxed. Lying back in the sand they all watched the clouds roll over head, while they discussed possible baby names. Sam was arguing that she didn't want a child with a reference to an alcoholic drink like Jack Daniels. While Jack argued that he didn't want a daughter with names referring to books like Page.



*^*^*^*^^*



Daniel watched amused as Jack paced back and forth across the hospital floor. Daniel was afraid that if the babies didn't arrive soon Jack was going to be bald by the way he kept tearing at his hair. Jacob Carter sat next to Daniel and tried to soothe Jack. While Teal'c gave up and picked up Jack and forced him to sit down.

So now Daniel was faced listening to Jack ramble and curse as he bit his finger nails off. Daniel hadn't seen Jack this nervous since their wedding. The sound of crying filled the air and Jack sprinted to Sam. Daniel was hot on his heels and they burst into the room. Sam looked exhausted and reached out for Jack's hand.

"A boy and a girl" she whispered to him. Jack crushed her to his chest. Daniel had never seen Jack so happy. Jacob went around and kissed his daughter on the forehead and congratulated her. "Have you picked out a name yet?" The nurse asked.

Jack and Sam looked at each other and nodded. "Danielle and Thomas." Sam smirked. "Closest thing we could come to Teal'c." Teal'c raised his head surprised. His eyes proud and wistful. He wished his friends the best and they left. Leaving the new proud parents with their children.

Daniel felt something well up inside of him and he grinned at Teal'c. "That vacation at your cabin still stand?" He asked his friend. Teal'c looked at him and smiled.

"Always my friend." And they walked off...............



------------------------------------------------------------------------ The End