samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author's note- This stemmed from a recent discussion on SJ about what pet names Sam and Jack would use for each other.

Copyright- Samantha Fox 05/05


Jack hung up the phone and climbed off the bed with a sigh.

"Where are you going?" Sam asked, not taking her eyes off the television.

"I've gotta go into work," he told her, pulling on some pants and looking for his shoes.

"Ok."

"Ok?" Jack countered. "Is that all I get?"

"What do you mean?" Sam still hadn't looked away from the movie.

"I mean," Jack threw one of his socks at her, still not getting a reaction. "That you don't show me any affection unless we're in bed."

"I am in bed," Sam grinned.

The other sock of the pair hit her in the face and she frowned, throwing it back without looking away from the screen.

"Have you seen my shoes?"

"They're in the other corner. sweetheart," Sam smirked.

"Thank you," Jack tried not to grin.

"You're welcome darling," she oozed.

Jack rolled his eyes, stuffing his feet into the shoes and lacing them up.

"Ok, I gotta go," Jack kissed Sam's forehead as he passed.

"Bye baby," Sam smiled, earning herself a shake of the head from Jack.

"Is that murder mystery really more important than me?" Jack asked with a false pout.

"Of course not dear," she turned her face up to kiss him, her eyes still on the movie.

"Yeah ok," Jack groaned. "I'll see you later."

"Later snookums," Sam grinned.

Jack tried to cover a snort with a cough and almost choked.

"I wuv you," Sam called with exaggerated sweetness as she heard the door open.

"Bite me," Jack called back, fighting a laugh and pulling the door closed behind him.

Sam almost cackled in delight as he left, giving her full attention back to the movie.

She was pretty sure Jack wouldn't be so worried about her showing affection outside of the bedroom anymore.

In fact, she was fairly sure he'd insist against it.

The End