samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-MAIL: Lara_SGC@yahoo.com

SPOILERS: Small ones for Divide and Conquer and Upgrades

SEASON/SEQUEL: Set during end season 4

ARCHIVE: SJA, Heliopolis and Fanfiction.Net please. Others, please ask. I’ll be happy to help you!!

AUTHORS NOTES: Many thankyous for my beta-reader, Katie!!!!!!


*Jack*
Today we went to P3X-7…5, err no 1…oh for cryin’ out loud, a planet, with very friendly people. There was nothing to see actually. Daniel was thrilled, he got to chat with the local people, found some rocks, yep…he was a happy camper.

But I wasn’t…I mean Sam was there, I had some jokes with her, she smiled, laughed. But it didn’t get me through these days. I know I should be over Charlie by now, but I just can’t.

He started to think about his son, Charlie, who shot himself with his gun. This was the day it happened, years ago. After all those years…he just couldn’t let go.

I guess I need someone to talk to and the first person who comes to mind is Sam.

Jack made a mental note to talk to Sam and went to get a drink in the kitchen.


*Samantha*
Today we went to P3X-725, quite an interesting planet…for Daniel, me …aaah…I found it much more
interesting to laugh with the Colonel.

Mmm…the Colonel…something’s wrong with him; even Teal’c noticed. What should I do? I know let’s go to an amusement park with the whole gang, to lighten up the mood, to have some fun. It always helped with me when I was young. We do have two days off tomorrow.

Sam smiled and made her way to the bathroom. She grimaced at her reflection in the medicine cabinet mirror. She looked tired and tousled. Moving to the shower stall she reached in to turn the water on. Quickly discarding her clothes she stepped in, shivering at the change in temperature. She closed her eyes and sighed as the warm water beaded against her skin. Less than a minute had passed before she found herself thinking about ways to lift the Colonel’s melancholy mood. She would try and make him laugh with some of her jokes. But first of all she would go as ‘Sam and Jack’ not as ‘The Colonel and the Major’. Excited by her idea, Sam quickly stepped from the shower, wrapped a thick terrycloth towel around herself and headed for
the phone in her bedroom to call the Colonel after she called Daniel and Teal’c.

“Hello?” came the familiar voice on the other side. Sam had to laugh at his suspicious answer.

“Hi, Colonel It’s me.” “Carter, hi, … what’s the occasion?” he asked, Sam’s enthusiasm grew when she heard the smile in his voice. “Well, I wanted to ask you if you’re interested to go
with us to an amusement park tomorrow.” “Tomorrow? Yeah why not?!” “Yeah, it’s going to be fun, sir!” “Fun…” There was something in his voice, pain, yeah pain. “Yeah, okay , Carter, sure. Err, is Daniel going with us?”

Sam frowned at his question. “Yeah.” She heard him snort.

“We’re going in your car , I hope.”

“Yes, we are…why are you asking that?” She heard him laugh.

“Well, last time I went with Daniel to an amusement park, he decorated my car seats, by throwing up all the way home.”

Sam laughed. “I’ll keep it in mind, I’m going to pick up Daniel and Teal’c and then I’ll pick you up at 08.00. Is that okay with you?”

“Sure, but I’ll drive, my truck’s bigger.”

“Yeah, okay, see you tomorrow, sir.”

“See you tomorrow, Sam.” …the dial tone beeped insistently in her ear.

Sam?! Wow, the way he said it. Her heart beated faster, oh girl get a grip. She turned and went to the TV to watch “The X-Files, hoping that someday she would have the same relationship as Mulder and Scully.

* The next morning at Jack’s place *
Trrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That couldn’t be Carter it’s much too early, Jack thought. He stepped to the door and looked through the peeping hole. His heart stopped. ‘Oh, not now.’ He was surprised to see her , here, after all those years.

He opened the door and smiled at the woman in front of him.

“Hi, mom. Long time no see.” Well five years to be exact.

“Hello, my boy. Can I come in or do I have to stand here all day?”

He rolled his eyes. Now he knew why some people got so annoyed around him. But hey, Sam doesn’t. Jack looked at the woman in front of him. She was tall, thin, had brown eyes and graying hair. “Yeah, sorry. Come in and have a seat.”

His mom went to the living room and seated herself on a chair leaving the couch for him.

“So, because I didn’t hear from you for a VERY long time, I thought to myself ‘Why not visit him myself?’”

Jack sighed. “Mom, it’s just that…well I’ve been very busy the last few years.”

His mother eyed him and shook her head. “That’s so typical for this time! Nobody’s got time anymore, especially not for their poor mothers, for all you know I could have been deadly sick. Or maybe you were very sick!!”

Jack shrugged. “I don’t have time to be sick.” He looked from his mother to the door. Sam where are you? I really need help right now.

“Then make time… to be sick.” Answered his mother.

Trrrrrrrrr

Jack let out a heavy sigh. God bless you ,Sam. “Come on in, Carter! The door’s open.” He watched her enter the room, she was beautiful. Yeah, well when was she not. She was wearing black pants that accentuated her long legs, on top she wore a light blue shirt that really brought out her pacific blue eyes. He also noticed she wore the amulet he gave her for her last birthday.

Sam smiled at Jack. “Sorry, I’m late, Teal…oh, hi ma’am.” She looked at the attractive graying woman. She shot a questioning look at her commanding officer.

“Jack, honey, I didn’t know you had a girlfriend. My, my what a beauty!”

Jack could just slap himself and the words ‘Oh for cryin’ out loud’ came to mind. But she’s got one thing right, Sam’s a real beauty. “Mom, she isn’t…”

Sam immediately understood the situation he was in, so she would play along. “Yeah, Jack…shouldn’t you introduce us?” She gave him a wolfish smile, walked over and settled herself next to him, snuggling VERY close.

“Err, Sam…this is my mom. Mom , Samantha Carter.” While saying this he laid his arm around her
shoulders.

“Nice to meet you ma’am! Your son’s a real sweetie!” Now, she knew where Jack got his good looks from. They both had those chocolate brown eyes and were both attractive.

Jack’s mother smiled, that was a good sign. “Oh, for cryin’ out loud , call me mom.”

Sam laughed. “Mom.” She turned her head and spoke to Jack .” That’s who you got it from.”

Jack laughed with her. Their laughter died but their gazes stayed locked, both searching to find what they both were looking for, but ‘mom’ interrupted their sweet exchange.

“Well, tell me Samantha, how did you two met? It seems like you two have been through a lot…oh and did I tell you that you two look great together?”

Jack could just kill himself or his mom. Poor Sam. “Err…that’s a long story, but mom, we were going to an amusement park…actually right now.”

Jack’s mother smiled and winked at him. “Oh, I get the hint, well I probably should go, got some shopping on my list. Have fun guys. Bye honey, bye Samantha!”. With that she left.

When she was out of the door, the couple started to laugh. “God, you’re good at this!” Jack smiled at her. Sam smiled back at him.” You’re not so bad either. So that was your mom. Nice lady.”

Jack remembered he still had his arm around her and pulled it away. He looked at her. “Thanks you’re an angel, you don’t know what this means to me.”

Sam patted his leg and smiled. “I think I do, and it’s nothing, I understood the situation you were in.”

They both stood up and walked to the front door.

“Say, Carter, did you really mean that about that ‘sweetie’?”

Sam laughed and looked at him. She knew she didn’t need to hide anything from him. “Yeah, you are sweet!”

Jack smiled at her while locking the front door. “I ALWAYS knew I was sweet, kind, beautiful,
handsome…I’ll remember that until I’m dead!”

They both walked to Jack’s car where Daniel and Teal’c were already seated in the backseat’s. Jack wondered how they got there and then he remembered he never locked his car. He turned to Sam again pushing it a little farther. “Oh, and did I already mention cute?!”

Sam laughed at his flirtations. “You know what? If you keep going like that it’ll be a lot sooner than you think.”

Jack frowned at her. “What will?”

Sam opened the car door and smiled at him over the car. “ Your death.”

They both smirked.

* In the car *
Jack took place behind the steering wheel. On their way back it would be Sam’s turn to drive. “Hi everyone.”

“Good morning, Jack, who was that lady?”

Sam answered his question. “His mother.” She turned to Daniel in the backseat. “You should meet her, Daniel.”

Jack snorted. “Oh, no over my dead body.”

“That can be arranged.” Daniel quipped.

Jack smiled and shook his head. Yeah Daniel is learning. After a few seconds they left.

* After 30 minutes *
Daniel got bored, was sleepy and kind of hungry…already. “Jack, can’t we stop to get some
chocolate cakes and milk?”

Jack eyes widened and turned his head to Daniel. “Yeah, sure, than we’ll go get some balloons , go to the kinder garden, geezes how old are you? 2? “.

Sam screamed, Jack quickly turned his head just to see a fast speeding truck approaching them. He could justly avoid it. “Few, that was close, exiting wasn’t it kids?”

Sam looked at him angrily. “Do that again and I’ll break your tibia, fibula and scapula in two.” She said with a hint of sarcasm.

“Point taken.” Jack answered.

* After another 30 minutes *
Everyone was a little tired. Teal’c was meditating, don’t ask how he could do it in a car. Daniel was sleeping. Sam was looking through the window and casually at Jack. The peaceful silence was broken by Daniel’s sleepy voice.

“I’m fat.”

Jack looked in the back of the car, to see if Daniel was babbling in his sleep, but he wasn’t , he was fully awake.

Sam sighed. “No, you’re not. There’s nothing wrong with your body, it’s fine.”

“Sam, you know a quick way to loose some weight?!”. Daniel whined.

Sam smiled. “Yeah, you lose almost 300 grams by one little number.”

Daniel frowned. “One little number?”

Sam blushed, Jack smiled while he looked at Sam. She noticed and blushed even more. “Err…making out, doing it, do the wacky, bond,…”

Jack helped her. “SEX, Daniel, or do I have to demonstrate it?”

Daniel grinned. “Yeah.”

Jack rolled his eyes while looking at Sam.

“Oh, for cryin’ out loud.” They both said. Immediately they burst out laughing.

“you know Sam, you’ve been around me much too long for your own good.”

After a while the laughter died down.

Jack began to think. Yeah Danny, what if I demonstrated it? Jack smirked, he already had an
image of him and Sam demonstrating with Daniel’s mouth hanging so wide open you could put the whole stargate in it. “Say, Daniel , what about a whisky cure?” Jack suggested.” It helped with me, I loosed 5kg…and my license.”

Daniel mumbled something and Sam was off again. Boy she really was having a good time. As was the Colonel. The laughter died down again. Daniel drifted back to sleep while Teal’c sat beside him, his eyes wide as he watch the world outside pass by. the world outside with wide open eyes.

“Hey , Sir…” but Sam was interrupted by Jack himself.

“Carter, call me Jack. I’m not your CO at the moment, we’re off base. Jack smiled at her.

She smiled back.

“Sorry, Carter…” but now he was interrupted by Sam.

“Oh, no. If I have to call you Jack, than you’re going to call me Sam, not Carter, I don’t call you O’Neill either.”

He smiled. “Sorry…SAMANTHA.”

Sam smiled and shook her head.

“So, what were you saying, Sam?”

Sam looked up at him, than she remembered. “Oh, yeah, do you mind if I put a CD in?”

“No, not at all. But no hard rock or Helmut Lotti, or Barry White or…you get the picture.”

Sam took a CD out of her bag and put it in. Music was heard through the entire car. Jack even liked the music and watched Sam sing with much amusement.

“ALL THE WOMEN WHO ARE INDEPENDENT
THROW YOUR HANDS UP AT ME,…
GIRL I DIDN’T KNOW YOU COULD GET DOWN LIKE THAT
CHARLIE, HOW YOU ANGELS GET DOWN LIKE THAT.”

Jack laughed with her childish enthusiasm. “Go, girl!” They both laughed when Jack made an attempt to sing and make up the words.

“Hey would you mind?! I’m trying to sleep here!!” came the angry voice from the back.

“Go back to sleep, Daniel.” Jack called over his shoulder.

“I like this.”

Sam smiled. “You do?!”

“Yeah, it’s got some rhythm.”

“Wow, I didn’t know you liked them.”

“Them?”

“Destiny’s Child.”

“Ah, okay, what’s the next song?”

Sam flipped to the next song and continued singing.

“CAN YOU PAY MY BILLS?
DO YOU PAY MY TELEPHONE BILLS?
DO YOU PAY MY AUTOMO’ BILLS?…
YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING TYPE O’BROTHER
SILLY ME, WHY HAVEN’T I FOUND ANOTHER?”

Jack looked at her, it made him happy to see her happy. Sam’s right, this was a good idea. Jack interrupted his thoughts to watch Sam sing again. The music faded and the ensuing silence was broken only by Daniel’s soft snoring. He watched her inspect his car, she must be bored.

“Well , there’s a big truth in that song.” Jack said.

Sam snorted. “And not in the previous?!”

“Yeah, I mean women can be independent, but you just can’t get rid off those bills.”

Sam opened the glove-box to see what was inside. “Wow, speaking of bills, Jack, I can’t believe this! “ Sam looked at him.

“ I…”

She looked back at the bills. “1989, 1998, 1992, 1995, 2000,…Jack?!” Sam looked back at him for an explanation.

Jack focused on the road, then he answered. “Let’s just say being in the air force does have its advantages.” “You cheat!!”

“Oh, okay you’re right.”

“Wowowowow, run that by me again.”

“What?”

“The last part.”

“Err…you’re right.”

“Finally, oh God , that feels good.”

“Huh? What did I miss?” came the sleepy voice from Daniel.

“Go back to sleep, Daniel,” both Sam and Jack yelled , again they laughed.

“Colonel O’Neill, what is the purpose of these buildings?” Teal’c asked.

Jack frowned. “You mean churches?”

“Yes”

“Well, some people go there to pray.”

“Pray?”

“Err…talk to their God. Some say it’s the father of Jesus.”

“Jesus?”

“God, Teal’c can’t you use a sentence with more than one word?”

“I can.”

“Oh, for cryin’ out loud.”

Teal’c still didn’t get it but thought it was wise to keep quiet or to shut up as O’Neill would say.

After ten minutes driving they arrived at the amusement park.

“Rise and shine, Daniel, we’re here.”

Daniel opened his eyes. “Alright, alright. I’ll rise but I refuse to shine.”

Than suddenly there was a sound of someone hitting his brakes very hard.

Jack stepped hard on his brake, almost crashing against an other car. The driver of the other car stuck up his finger in a rude gesture.

“Jesus, I didn’t even hit him.”

“Didn’t you see the guy?”

“No, you?”

“Of course you could see him from miles away, maybe you need glasses, Jack, you don’t see very good,” He noticed her concerned tone with amusement.

“There’s nothing wrong with my eyes the only thing I don’t see are parking places.”

* After five minutes *
“Finally, what is this place? Get a million free if you park here?!”

Sam laughed.

“Ok, campers, let’s get out and stretch our old, stiff legs.” Jack opened the door.

“Err…jack you’re the only one here with old cr…”

Jack stuck his head back in the car. “Daniel…DON’T even go there, just…DON’T.” Jack slammed the door shut and walked around the car to open Sam’s door. He even held out his hand, which she eagerly took.

She smiled at him. “Why, thank you…sweetie.”

Jack laughed at her adorable tone. He REALLY liked her like this, and he was just getting started. Than he got serious. Today…today he was going to say it to her. He couldn’t take it anymore. Being this close with this woman, unable to reach for her and touch her like his loved one. His mind did scream to reach out…to touch her…to love her…to tell her. He didn’t
want to risk the bond they shared. What if she didn’t feel the love or the need like he did? But she did say that they had a relationship, that couldn’t be because of their working relationship. And that it wouldn’t have to leave the room. Sam knows I care about her…a lot more than I should. Yes…his decision was made, he’s going to tell her he loves her, on the perfect time.

He snapped back to reality because of Sam pulling on his arm to get attention.

“Oh, okay camper, let’s go.” He left with Sam, but she started to laugh hysterically.

“Aren’t you forgetting some people?”

Jack slapped himself on his forehead. Oops, that was a mistake. He walked back to the car and opened his door to let Teal’c and Daniel out of it. “Sorry, guys.” He smiled, feeling foolish.

Daniel patted his back and laughed. “ We understand, we all know you’re getting a little older.”

Jack looked at him with a dead glare. “If these are the jokes of the young generation…when I was young…”

“And THAT was a long time ago.”

“I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that…well, where was I…oh yeah, we laughed with really funny things like…” Jack stumbled over a loose stone and fell flat faced on the ground.

“Like that…wahahahahaha.” Daniel rolled on the ground from laughing. But he immediately stood up, not wanting to cause a scene.

Sam on the other hand was immediately at Jack’s side and her hands were all over him. “Jack…are you all right?!”

Jack stood up with the help of Sam while she put her arm around his back.

“Yeah, I’m fine thanks, someone …I refuse to name…could really learn from you.” He shot Daniel an ‘eat shit and die’ look.

When Daniel calmed down they went to get the tickets for the park entry.

* At the booth *
“ Good morning, ma’am. Can I help you?” asked a young teenager at the locket.

“Yes, four tickets, please.” Sam said.

The ticket boy winked at her. “My, my going out with the whole harem, huh?!”

Sam’s expression dropped. “Excuse me?”

The guy pointed at Jack, Daniel and Teal’c.

“Oh they are my friends.”

“Sure , they all say that.”

Sam was getting really embarrassed, did he really think she did it with…but then she felt someone taking her hand, she knew that hand, Jack, he must have felt her embarrassment.

“Excuse me?!! This is MY wife! They are our friends! Understood? Insult my wife again and I’ll beat you so hard, that your grandchildren will still feel it. Got it, bucko?!” Jack looked at him with one of his ‘look at me and I’ll make you walk funny’ looks.

The boy quickly gave Sam her tickets and didn’t even look at her.

Jack and Sam turned, and walked to the entrance, Daniel and Teal’c in their footsteps. What Jack didn’t notice, but Sam did, was that he still held her hand in his.

Sam smiled and squeezed his hand, he turned his head to her. “Thanks, Jack, now you’re an angel.”

Jack smiled back at her. “It’s nothing and I’m getting really good at this.” He grinned at her and tried to pull his hand away, he thought that Sam wasn’t comfortable with it.

But Sam squeezed harder. “No, I… it’s fine.” She smiled to prove her point.

This was a good sign thought Jack. She let’s me hold her hand.

Jack stopped and turned his head to Daniel and Teal’c. “Remember to stay close with me at ALL times. I don’t want you to get lost…again. So if it does happen, we’ll meet here at 14.00 hours.”

Daniel snorted. “Jack, I’m not a child. This will never happen.” Daniel walked by them.

“Teal’c keep an eye on him, will you?”

“I will.”

* 5 minutes later *
“Sam, where’s Daniel?” He and Sam looked around.

“I don’t see him , Jack, nor Teal’c.”

Jack shrugged. “Well, they’ll have a good time…and so are we, right?”

Sam grinned at him and squeezed his hand she was still holding. “Right!”

They walked together to a roller coaster. Sam REALLY liked this. Cool, the Colonel for her all alone. God, bless his angels. She looked at him smiling. God , she loved this man. Maybe…just maybe if the time felt right. She was going to have fun with him, but maybe she’d let him notice that she wanted more. And she had her methods for it. ‘ Time to let all my
walls fall and let the man of my dreams enter my heart. Screw regs. He’s more important. And by the looks of it, he wanted it too, bless her for her feminine instincts. “After the roller coaster can we go to the wooden boats?”

Jack smiled. “Oh, sure.”

* At the wooden boats *
“Can I sit behind you?” Sam asked sweetly.

“Of course. I’ll be wet for the both of us.” He grinned at her.

No, Jack you’re wrong, she thought, I like being wet but I have other plans. The little boat arrived and stopped in front of them.


“After, you.” Jack said with a gesture of his hands pointing it to the boat.

Sam settled herself and felled the hard plastic of the boat against her back. She held her hand out to Jack, who took it with a smile, and helped him sit in front of her.

After they settled themselves, the boat left. It began its journey up, so that Jack had to lean against Sam for support. But he pulled himself a little more forward, so he wouldn’t lean his full weight against her.

But Sam had other plans with him. She put her arms around him pulling him close to her, resting her head on his back.

Jack was startled by her gesture but didn’t pull away and let it happen.

After the ride they stepped out and walked to the exit.

Sam turned around and looked at him. “Poor thing, you’re all wet.”

“Soaked would be a better word.” He took the wet jacket off and gave it to Sam who put it in her plastic bag, she carried along. Jack wondered what other stuff was in it.

She took his hand and pulled him to the next attraction. Sam answered his questioning look. “Fun house.”

“Ah.” Was all he said.

They entered together and suddenly a net fell over Jack’s head surprising him. He gasped.

“Something wrong?” Sam giggled.

Jack got the net off his head. “So what else is going to befall us in here?”

“Who’s to know?” Sam said while taking his arm. “No, one knows what terror lies in the accursed halls of the Fun House.”

Their next stop were the mirrors that warped your reflections.

Sam stood in front of the first mirror. She laughed when she saw her reflection in the mirror.

Jack came to stand beside her, facing an other mirror and he started to laugh pointing at her reflection. “You look …small.”

Sam giggled and pointed at his own reflection. “And you look fat.”

Jack laughed. “Now, I know how I’m going to look when I’m ninety years old.”

Sam moved to his mirror and laughed at the shape the mirror made of her body. “Maybe, you’ll still have the same body you have right now.”

Jack grinned at her. “Yeah, right and I’m Romeo.”

Sam playfully slapped him on the arm and laughed.

They both had a really good laugh throughout the Fun House.

“Ah, I never had such a good laugh!!Haha.” She clutched her arm against her stomach and sank to the floor.

“Sure, you have, every time you’re with me, every time I say sweet, make stupid jokes about Daniel’s rocks.”

“Ar….ti….arti…”

“Come on Sam you can say it, repeat after me: ROCKS.”

“Artifac…wahahaha.” Tears welled up in her eyes.

“Are you finished yet?” He laughed and shook his head, getting her up off the ground. “ Come on let’s go.”

They stepped through a doorway into a glowing red room. There was a boat in front of them.
“What’s this?” Jack asked her. “Are they going to drown us now?”

“Tunnel Of Love.” Sam said.

“Tunnel Of Love?” Jack said while raising his eyebrows.

Sam grinned and she gave him a little push. “Just , get in the boat.”

The boat jerked to life, Sam looked up at the walls of the cave they were dark red with hearts on it. She found it a quite peaceful ride. She looked back at Jack who was seated behind her.

He looked at her with a smile, she smiled back and felt the need to touch him overwhelming her. She turned her head and looked at the water again. She then leaned against Jack.

Jack looked down at Sam, who leaned now against him. Shall I, or shall I not…that’s the question. He than started to put his arms around her but than hesitated. He shouldn’t be doing this, but he wanted to.

Sam saw his arms moving to put around her, but than they stopped. She turned to Jack and faced him, he was looking down with a thoughtful look on his face. She touched his arm slightly and he looked up at her and saw that he was trying to look away, but she wouldn’t let him. “Jack.” That did it, that one little word and he immediately looked her in the eyes and she could see the pain in his.

Jack sighed shakily, uttering his deep feelings. He saw the confusion on her beautiful face and slightly touched her cheek, searching her eyes.

Sam also searched his, she knew what was bothering him. The same bothered her, but this was their moment, noone could see them in here. Besides, why hold back? He wants it too, she wanted to feel his arms around her. She gave him a reassuring smile and turned her back to him, leaning against him. She took his arms and placed them around her waist.

Jack let her take him arms and put them around her, he sighed happily and pulled her closer to him.

Sam pulled her head back to look at him, she saw that he was smiling and enjoying their moment.

Jack looked down at her and he saw a big grin on her face.

The boat ride ended and Sam climbed out of the boat, helping Jack out of it. They walked hand in hand out again.

“Look.” Sam pointed. “Isn’t that Daniel?”

Jack looked at the direction she was pointing.

Daniel was sitting in the roller coaster right in front of them.

“Oh, no.” Jack said.

“What?” Sam asked worriedly.

“My car, my car.”

“What about your car?”

Jack looked at Daniel leaving the train station ready for the ride, he looked back at Sam. “Daniel, roller coaster, decoration, my car…again.”

Sam laughed. “Oh, I get it.”

They both looked up at the rails traveling in a loop above them. They started to leave, but were immediately stopped.

“JJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!LLLLooookkkkk aaaaaatttttt mmmmeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!”

Jack and Sam waved at Daniel “SWEET.”

Sam smiled. They waited for Daniel and Teal’c and went together to the next attraction. They spent all day laughing, mostly Sam and Jack , being sick, mostly Daniel and Teal’c, well Teal’c was just…Teal’c. They all had a great day.

* On the way back home *
It was Sam’s turn to drive, Daniel was asleep, thank god. Even Teal’c was asleep, or it looked like that.

Jack looked around but kept glancing at the woman sitting beside him. Sam was a remarkable woman.

It was a long way home and Jack decided to sleep, so he did and he was in dreamland, dreaming about his Sam.

* At home *
“Jack, wake up, we’re home.” Sam said gently tugging on his shirt.

Jack smiled but didn’t open his eyes. “Get Daniel and Teal’c home first.”

“I already did.”

Jack opened his eyes. “Oh, well, time to get out and get in my bed…sofa, whatever.”

Sam was disappointed, she hadn’t had the chance to tell him, she had to do something quickly. “Jack, err…I’ve got a problem, they’re painting my apartment and well, can I…”

“You can!”

Sam smiled, that was quick. “Thanks, Jack.”

* Inside *
“So, there I was , standing in my underwear and everyone looking at me…go figure.” Jack told Sam.

Sam laughed so hard it brought tears to her eyes.

Jack laughed with her.

The laughter died down and it grew silent again. They were sitting next to each other on the sofa. Jack looked at her longingly.

God , that look, Sam thought. She turned her head to him and looked him in the eyes, searching.

Jack searched Sam’s eyes for the slightest sign of what he wanted to see. Yes, there it was. A look, the same look ,he knew, he had in his eyes.

Sam closed the distance and her lips pressed gently against his, her hand slid to his arm and she squeezed gently. Her other hand traveling through his hair.

Jack followed her actions and buried his hand in her hair pulling her closer to him with his other arm.

Their lips parted and tongues danced together searching each other. They pulled away because of the lack of air.

Sam leaned her forehead against his. Their breathing warmed the air between them.

Jack closed his eyes. “I hadn’t plan for this to happen, Sam, really.” His hands rubbed her back.

“You, sorry?” Sam asked.

“No, I’m not, you?!”

“I’m not either.”

Jack pulled away and looked at her.

She looked at him with so much love that he started to get tears in his eyes. Jack’s fingers traveled over her face stopping at her lips. “I want you so badly it hurts…but I care too much for you to rush you into this.”

Sam’s eyes welled up with tears. “I know, I want you too…but I always kept my feelings distant…but, Jack, God I love you so much, I need you…I need you to hold me, I couldn’t take it anymore…” Tears now ran freely down her face.

Jack brushed her tears away. “I love you too, Sam.” He whispered. He pulled her close to him, she wrapped her arms around him. They hushed each other, cried on each other’s shoulders, Jack rubbed her back and whispered words of love in her ear.

They pulled away from each other. Jack shifted and pulled her onto his lap , so that she faced him, wrapping his arms around her again. She rested her head against him. “It’s late.” Jack said but didn’t want to let go of her.

“I want to stay here.”

“No, you get the bed.”

“No, here with you.”

“You , sure?”

“I was before and still am, I trust you Jack and as long as we don’t rush into things I think I’ll be fine.”

Jack nodded and smiled. He shifted and pulled her with him, laying her on her back on top of him, the couch was too small to sleep next to each other and he was to tired to even get to the bed.

Sam found it too uncomfortable to lie with her back on him so she turned and laid her body full-length on top of his. Her head resting on his chest, her hips digging against his. His arms went around her and he kissed the top of her head. “ Goodnight, Sam.”

“Goodnight, Jack.”

The two lovers fell peacefully asleep. Dreaming about each other and about their future together.

END

Feedback : PLEEAASSEE…thank you!! PS: Thanks Jo! :p