samandjack.net



-"Sam, honey, wake up", Daniel smiled at his confused friend, "You've felt asleep in your lab...again".

-"What?...Oh, ya, hold on a sec till I wake,I had to finish some sudies and I felt asleep ... I thought something bad happened".

-"No everything is fine.You just need to go home and get some rest.Do you want me to take you home?"

-"No it's ok I'll be fine, any news from Jack?"

-"No, last time we talked on the phone he said that he will call as soon as he can.Go home Sam if anything happens I'll let you know, go home and try to get some sleep, you look awfull."

-"Ok I'll go ...And Daniel..."

-"What is it?"

-"With friends like you who needs enemies?"

-"Rigth...Go home that's an order!!!"

-"OK, OK, I'll leave.Bye honey see you soon"

......................................................................

Back at her place, Sam took her mail and bills and started checking them."Bill,bill,bill, a letter from Cassie,bill,bill,bill.Let's see what Cassie wants." Dear Sam, You didn't tell me that College can be so different from High School. I love it, it's so much fun for me to live in a campus, and I'm doing a great job.I think that next year I'll graduate. How are things back home? I'd heard that you and Pete broke out.I'm ashame to say this but I'm glad. I don't think Pete would've made you happy. I understand that Daniel and Sarah Gardner are dating again? I'm glad that he's finnaly getting over mom's death,he diserves to be happy. How are you getting along with your new CO and your new colleague? Jack told me about them.It's so weird for me to call him when I need help at Washington, and to see him in George's place...Who woul've thought? On the other hand maybe now you two will solve your problems and be together.I know that mom wanted you to be happy. Speaking of DC how was your first assignement after all this years off SGC? I hope you had fun during those few weeks. With all my love, Cassandra"

...................................................................... .............................................

-"Oh Cassie if only you knew, if only..."Sam then went and changed into her pijamas. Cassandra's letter made her think at what happened in DC.

-"Hey Carter what are you doing here?" Jack smiled at her.

-"Hello, sir, it's good to see ya too, the Pentagon assigned me to study some nuclear reactor for the Prometheus and Daedalus ships, and there were some personal interests too..."

-"Is Pete still bothering you?"

-"Yeah, he doesn't understand why I ended our relationship after getting engaged.And I can't blame him, after all I can't tell him the real reason..."

-"And what's the real reason, Carter?"

-"Well I..."

-"Col.Carter , We're ready for the tests", Davis saw she was a little bit nervous.

-"Ok,I'll be there in two minutes, bye sir"

-"Carter, next time I wanna know the answer".

......................................................................

Sam then got up from her bed and went in the living.She opened her TV and put a tape in her Vcr.Strangely enough it was the one of Janet's last Christmas, they all had gathered at Jack's cabin, and after a snowball fight they had dinner and started dancing. "I could've thanked Janet and Daniel for the mistletoe kiss that Jack and I had that night."Sam smiled as she watched the videotape.Seing herself and Jack dancing made her remind something else that happened in DC...

-"So, Carter, did you had dinner?Or you're skipping it as well as lunch?"

-"No, sir I..."

-"OK, let's go!"

-"What, excuse me where, I'm not going anywhere till I finish my work".

-"Carter it's ten pm and if you don't come by your freewill I'll carry you by force.Let'so go, that's an order!". "And I had fun at that dinner, what I knew before and I wasn't expecting was for Jack to make me feel so happy and lucky, as if we were the only persons in that restaurant that evening". After dinner Jack took Sam back at her hotel but only after he made her promise that they'll have dinner the folowing day.The next day Jack took Sam in park for a walk, he made her laugh of a couple of things that happened while he was working with Kawalsky. Then they went at Jack's place and had a drink.They didn't realise how time had passed and how they had gotten to stay so close to each other,And then it happened they've looked at each other for a second.They were back in the room telling everybody else how they felt. Sam then rised from the cauch where she and Jack were staying and said that she had to leave.Jack rised as well took her hand and as Sam tried to leave, told her :"You don't want to leave more then I want to let you but if you don't I might do something that we'll both regret it in the morning". Sam then got to the door, closed it and after taking her jacket off she turned around and after putting her jacket on the chair she said "I might regret this in the morning but I know that this is something we both want for quite a while.",she started untying her blouse's buttons and continued: "This is the only chance you've got .Say no and I'll leave and you'll never see me again."She had finished opening her blouse and underneath she was wearing the grey top of the USAF.

-"Don't do that", Jack said in a low voice

-"Ok, so the answer is no..."

-"I didn't say the answer was no, I wanted to do that by myself..."

......................................................................

The tape finished and Sam stoped the TV, she hadn't payed any atention for a while.The next morning when she woke up, Jack was still sleeping,She had a smile rememberimg night's events.However she knew that they don't have a chance so she wrote a message for Jack:

"Dear Jack,
Last night was incredible, and I don't regret a thing, but in the light of the lasts events I think that both of us need a little time of to decide whether we should continue our relationship or not, I love you Sam
PS You're the reason why I took Pentagon's assignements:.
Sam"

......................................................................

The next few weeks after Washington Sam had worked really hard and Daniel had to sent her back home because it wasn't the first time she had fallen asleep on her desk.Jack hadn't contacted har ever since.Sam wasn't getting along well with Cameron Mitchells.She had a problem with the fact he was Janet's ex-usband, but she had nothing against the officer.