samandjack.net

Story Notes: This is my first fanfic so be gentle please. This is my response to the POV Challenge. I haven't seen the episode yet because I leave in FRANCE, so pardon me for the mistakes... I have never had feedback before but I think that I should like so any feedback are welcome. Thank you for reading my story. Hope you'll enjoy it. Thank you Amelie for beta-reading me.


"How are you doing with this...twin thing ?"

"Do you have a couple of hours ?"

"Okay !" He gestured her to follow him.

"Do you want to get some fresh air, I think it's better to talk out of there ?"

"Yes, sir. Thank you, I'd like it."

They came to the elevator and they found their way to the same place where Sam and Narim talked in Enigma. They just sat quietly on the grass beside each other and after a few minutes, Jack started talking.

"So how do you feel Sam ?" he almost whispered.

"Sir, it's really weird. She's exactly like... No she is me. A different Samantha Carter but she is ME. And it's really weird."

"Sam, she is not YOU... She is an "Alternate Universe Samantha Carter". Okay, she looks like you, but she is definitely not you. Have you seen her hair, so THAT is weird !!!!"

Sam doesn't help, she lets escape a hard laugh. The Colonel looked at her and gave her a big smile, which one reassured her. He smiled to himself because the atmosphere was now more comfortable. So she calmed down and she just smiled at him. After this fun moment Jack started to speak again.

"Sam, she is really not you. She is not a military, you know that. And I think that now I know...".....You better, I couldn't imagine SG1 without YOU, because you are too important for the team and especially for me...."

He didn't finish his sentence, so Sam looked at him, waiting for the end of

it but no words escaped from his mouth. Now, he didn't look at her like if he was a little child who have did a big mistake and didn't want to be caught. He finally turned his head, always in these thoughts, unable to hide his flushed cheeks and looked directly in her eyes.

Her eyes were incredible, blue like pure crystal, like a sapphire, just perfect. She was now really embarrassed by his strange behavior and his insistent look. So she turned her head to hide her cheeks which were bright red. Now it's Sam's turn to be embarrassed, because of the silence. This silence was really uncomfortable.

What did he want to say ?, Was it about ME or about HER ?, And why is he looking me like that ?, Oh, sir, why don't you tell me what you think ?, Maybe he thinks of her ?, Oh God, why does it hurt me so much ? All the questions faded in her mind when Jack jumped her from her thoughts.

"Major ! Major !!! Are you OK ?"

"Oh, yeah !!!! Yes I'm OK, sure I'm OK !!!!"

"Good. Listen. You know that I'm not really good with that, I mean words, sentences and explaining my feelings, so..."

"Oh, you said...?" She blushed again when she heard these words echoed in her mind. She was really surprised and very pleased to hear this kind of words from his mouth. It was really amazing to see him acting like a man not as a soldier for once.

"Yeah !!!" Jack was clearly amazed by her attitude, she looked so sorry when she noticed his expression.

"Oh !!!....."

"I just wanted to say that I'm really happy to have YOU in my team, because YOU are a great soldier, and I have to admit it, a great scientist, in fact the best that I've ever know. This part of you that I should probably "hate", you know me and scientists....."

"Oh, yeah, YOU and scientists, YOU and computers, YOU.....". Jack interrupted her quickly and he seemed a little upset by what she just said about him.

"Okay, Carter, I see that you understand very well what I meant like always, and I'm really happy for you but I would like to tell you something and if you don't object, I would like to continue."

"Yes, sir". She simply replied.

"Thank you, Major. So I just wanted to say how much you are important for the team, you saved our lives so many times. And when I say our lives I don't talk about SG-1, but the entire SGC and all the planet and even the other universe. Sam, you are a really good person, you take care of all the people around you. And it's great. You know how much I respect your work as a soldier, yes you know that, you are a Major now, so you know that, but I respect your scientist work too. It saved our lives so many times, so the only thing that I can do is to thank you Major, Sam for your wonderful work in my team."

"Sir, woah, I can't believe it, things that you said are just....". ...so amazing. Without giving her a chance to continue, he almost shouted.

"Major !!! I just wanted to say that you are very important for the SGC, for SG-1 and especially for me. And I can't imagine SG-1 without you. Okay, I admit it, when I saw you the first time, I wanted to kill you and in particularly the General Hammond because he sent you in my team without my approval. You were just a Captain, you were a scientist and a woman. So I couldn't help, you were definitely not what I wanted. But you told me something this day that I can't forget. Remember ?"

"I don't know I said so many things...". With this answer she looked at Jack right in his eyes and she saw him grinning mischievously. She just smiled at him and nodded.

" Alright. You told me that I really will like you when I get to know you. And you were right, I really "adore" you Sam." With this comment, Sam blushed furiously and turned her head on the side to hide her red cheeks.

"Oh, my God ! Sir....." She stopped herself and looked back at him. The Colonel was so sweet, so tender she couldn't believe it, he was so amazing. She broke the eyes contact again. She couldn't look at him right in the eyes because her eyes could betray her feelings. His eyes, beautiful brown eyes, and so deep brown eyes could read her deep feelings. She definitely couldn't look at him.

"Sorry Carter, I didn't want to embarrass you. I just wanted to clear some things with you. I think that I should better leave." With that he started to move and stood up quickly.

"No, sir. Please stay. I would like to ask you something, something more personal. Can I, sir ?" Jack turned back to Sam and sat quietly in front of her this time. He was very close to her now.

"Okay, Sam. Let's go I'm an open book."

"Perfect. You said that I'm really important for you, didn't you ?"

"Yeah, you're really important for me. I don't know exactly how but I know that I really care about you, Sam."

She couldn't believe it, he cared for her. "Okay. So I don't understand something. I'm a military and I'm a scientist but that other me, she's just a scientist, a civilian. I can't believe it. It's the second Alternate Reality that we "met" and it's the second time that I'm not a military. So why ? How is it possible ? I mean, is it just a coincidence, or there is something wrong with me ?"

She looked really upset now. Her face was so pale, she seemed to be lost in her thoughts, lost in her life. She seemed really scared by the other "Sam", by the life that she could have if she was not in military. I don't know what to say or what to do to comfort her. I thought that telling her what I feel for her could help but now I think that I was wrong. I'm a liar, a bad liar, I lie to myself. I know what I feel for her but I can't tell her because of the non-fraternization regs between two officers. Damnit, Jack you're a fool was what he thought at this time.

"Sam, you know, in the alternate reality found by Daniel, we were engaged to be married. Remember ?"

"Yes, sure. But we're all dead now in this universe. Remember ?"

"Remember. But, I have something else to tell you. We are married in this alternate reality too. I mean the other YOU and the other ME. Yes the other ME. We were married, but I'm dead. So I don't know if it means something for YOU because for me it means something. I think that I'm a little worried about all that. So you don't ?" She looked at him with a strange look in her eyes, and she half smiled.

"Woaw, we were married in this reality too. How do you know that ?"

" The other YOU told me before I saw you in the hallway. She showed me a wedding picture of YOU and ME, I mean..."

"I know what you mean, sir." She looked relieved now.

"I think that I should be shocked about that, but I'm not. I think that I'm worried because I'm not shocked because of that news. It's like if I knew that."

"Sir, I feel the same way. Finally, I'm not shocked by that news. I think that we both knew that but we didn't want to admit it, that's all.."

"I think you're right, we both knew that. When I saw her the first time I told myself 'What the hell is going on with Sam and her hair', sorry. I asked myself if we were married in this universe too. I really wanted to know that, it was the only thing that I wanted to know."

"Same here, sir." Jack looked at her and he took her hand in his own hands. She seemed very surprise but she didn't move to escape him.

"Sam, I always thought that everyone has a soul mate in the universe. But not for me, not after what happened with Sara and Charlie. But, things change. Maybe you're mine and I'm yours. After all we are together everywhere else. Maybe we miss something."

"Maybe I miss something."

"What do you mean, Sam ?"

"I mean that in the other universes, I'm not military, so there is no non fraternization reg between us. That's all." She said that there is no non fraternization reg between us. Woaw !!!!

"You mean that you regret that, don't you ?"

"I mean that I'm really confused to see her with this long hair, calling you Jack and married with you. It's enough for me to become crazy, you know what I mean. I feel like if someone had stolen my life. I felt the same way when Jolinar left me with all these memories. But this time it's different, she is ME. Jolinar was just in me, in my body. Now she is dead. I have her memories it's really embarrassing because of the story with Martouf but I can deal with that. But that other me it's so incredible. I can't tell that I hate her, and I can't hate her because she is ME, an other version of ME. But in the other hand she is me so I like her. I can't blame her for trying to replace the other YOU like that, she was married with you and now you are dead and"

"Carter ? What did you say ? She tries to replace the other ME ? Are you crazy ? Yes I think you are nuts, she really drives you crazy.""

"No sir. Listen she is acting like if you were her husband. The way that she looks at you, and that she talks to you and"

"Sam, you are jealous !!!!" Sam's reaction was really pretty, she just shouted after him.

"Are you kidding ? I'm not jealous. And why could have been jealous ? Tell me !!!!"

"You are jealous because I'm your Jack and you are afraid by the fact that you could loose me because of her !!"Sam glared at him. She could kill him there right now just with her looks. Before she could answer something else, he teased her again. "So you really like me, and you freaked. You just freaked, you don't want to loose me that's all. You're jealous, Sam, you're jealous." After that, he stood up quickly and start to leave. Before leaving the fresh air to come back to the "Base" he turned to look at Sam for a last time. "Sam, you are jealous of yourself. Forget it. You are the only Major Samantha Carter in my mind."

"Oh, yeah, sure I am the only one, I am the only Major Carter."

"Okay, Sam. You are the only Samantha Carter in my mind, but you are jealous. But you know what, you are really cute when you are jealous." After saying these words he disappeared behind the door leaving Sam alone, lost in thoughts. She thought about what he said, about what she said and about that other "her". She finally jumped to the conclusion that the man that she loves really cares for her and that she's the only person in his mind. She smiled softly to herself when she thoughts of what he said before leaving her alone.



The end.