samandjack.net

Story Notes: SPOILERS: Season 10

NOTES: I was thinking about this story during milking, so I decided to write it. Thank you ILOVESG1 for beta reading this for me


It was just after Thanksgiving when Pete returned to work at the Denver police department after a week off work. He was just finishing work and went to the mens room, when he over heard two officers talking.

"Hey, did you read the paper today?"

"Yeah, that was some storm we had a couple of days ago, I read that Colorado Springs were hit the hardest right on Thanksgiving."

"I know that most of the town had no power for twenty four hours, the emergency services sure were busy then"

"I know, did you read the article about a woman giving birth at home?"

"No"

"Yeah, the woman, her husband and friends were stuck in their home, they couldn't get out because some trees had fallen on the road when the wife went into labour."

"Yeah, what happened to her and the kid?"

"Kids, they were lucky, one of the friends there was a doctor and their god daughter, who is in her second year at medical school, was there also, they helped deliver the triplets safely. You should read about it, it's on page five"

"I will when I get home" then they both left the bathroom.

When Pete finished his business and he left to go home.

When he got home, he checked his mail while making himself a cup of coffee. Then he sat down and read the paper. He flicked over to page five and was shocked when he read the article.

*Colonel Samantha Carter O'Neill went in to labour and gave birth to triplets at her home, with her husband and friends there. They couldn't get Mrs O'Neill to the hospital since two trees have fallen down across the road and there was no other way to get her to the hospital. They were lucky that Doctor Carolyn Lam and their goddaughter Cassandra Fraiser, who is a second year medical student, were there to assist with the birth of the triplets. They were able to get Mrs O'Neill and family to the Air Force base hospital the next morning. Both mother and sons are doing well*


Then it said *Read Birth notices on details of names of the family* so he turned to where the notices were and read the birth announcement.

*O'Neill ~ Major General Jonathan `Jack' O'Neill (Retired) and Colonel Samantha Carter O'Neill (Colorado Springs) are pleased to announce the safe and early arrival of Jacob Mark, Daniel Jon and George Charlie Carter O'Neill. Born at home on the 23/11/2006*

"Well, Sam you finally got what you wanted"

Pete had wanted only two children whereas Sam wanted four or more.

***********************************************

Pete was driving to work one cold January morning; he was listening to the radio announcements about any cancellations, which were few.

The DJ was reading from the paper congratulating one couple who had gotten engaged and he read out their names, then he went over to the birth column. Pete heard one that shocked him.

"I see that there is a couple from Colorado Springs that just had their fourth kid, it's got here

*O'Neill ~ Jack and Samantha Carter O'Neill are pleased to announce the safe arrival of Grace Janet Carter O'Neill on the twenty third of January. A little sister for Jacob, Daniel and George, Both mother and daughter are doing well*

Hey, isn't that the same O'Neill's who had triplet's a couple of years ago on Thanksgiving?" there was a mutter in the background.

"It was them. I will be damn'd. Congratulations Jack and Samantha on having a daughter and congratulation's to all the couples who got engaged and all couples who have had new addition's to your families, all the best for the future"

Then Pete turned off the radio as he pulled up to his car park and turned off the motor

"Well Sam, you got the four kids and the man you wanted" then he got out of the car and went to work

The End