samandjack.net

Story Notes: Just a little warning...if you like Pete, don't read any further!


"Okay kids! Let's get out of here." Jack said as he gestured his hands together. "We are most greatful for our new alliance between our people." The leader of P3X911 said with joy in his voice.

"Major Carter...I assume that we will be seeing more of Sg-1 around because your need for this mineral that you call naquada?" Rem'oh asked politely. Rem'oh was the second in command of the planet. He was fascinated with the scientific attribute that Sg-1 had to offer. But Jack insisted it was Carter whom he was fascinated with. "Well I don't think it will actually be us coming back for the naquada but another Sg team will come." Sam said with a pleasent smile.

"Oh well I will most certainly miss you Major Carter." He said almost to sadly. "Oh I bet you will." Daniel mumbled to himself as he walked by Sam and Rem'oh.

"Are you too finished?" Jack asked breaking the awkward tension that Sam was feeling. "Oh yes Sir." She nodded to him and headed for the gate. Jack and Teal'c followed her to the gate.

"Oh yes Carter there's another one for the list." Jack said as he gave a firm pat on her back. He didn't notice her slight yelp beacuse at the same time Teal'c had followed Jack's statement with a deep "Indeed."

They returned back to the SGC and General Hammond ordered for SG1's weekly checkup. Sam headed straight for the showers she didn't want to go to the infimary. She turned on the shower and felt the immdiate pain shoot through her body. She had brusies the were covered over her body. She didn't want anyone to see the brusies that covered her body. She began to feel more pain shoot through her body. "Oh I got to get out." She said feeling her complexion change. She stepped out and fell to her knees. She realized she was much weaker than she thought, she couldn't stand. "She tried to reach her towel but in the process she passed out.

"Okay Colonel. You're completely fine, if you see Major Carter please send her here." Janet said as she put her pen light away. "Sure thing doc. But I'm headed for the showers so if I don't see her on the way...I'll remind her when I get out." He said as he ran his hands through his short silver hair. He walked down the hallway and saw Daniel talking to an airman.

"Excuse me? Daniel have you seen Carter?" He asked interrupting their conversation. "Uh no Jack. Sorry." Daniel said as he made a quick glance at Jack and started talking to the airman again. He smirked to himself and headed toward the locker room.

"What?" Jack asked looking at the sign that said ladies. He looked at his watch and noticed that the sign should have been changed from women to men. The womens shower time was over. "Oh well one of the ladies must have forgot to change the sign." Jack said even though he had a different feeling in his gut. He knocked on the door and heard no reply. "Well here goes nothing." Jack said as he squinted his eyes walked into the room and heard a shower running. He mumbled Carter's name under his breath. He shocked himself when he whispered her name. He peered around the lockers and saw Carter passed out on the floor.

"Crap!" Jack saw her body covered with bruises some old and some new. Jack ran over to her and took off his jacket and put it on her and placed to towel around her waist. He picked her up and ranto the infirmary. While almost there he was yelling Doctor Fraiser's name.

"Colonel? What is..." She paused and saw him with Carter's unconscious body in his arms. "What happened?" Janet asked noticing all of the bruises that were covering her body. "I dunno...I thought that someone forgot to change the shower sign...so I walked in and saw her like "this"." Jack said as again he looked at her bruises.

"Put her on the gurney." Janet said as she got some nurses to prepare the medications.

(TWO HOURS LATER)

"Sir, it was very good that you found her when you did...because if she would have been left any longer..." Janet said knowing that Jack knew the rest of her statement.

"Well she be..." Jack started to say when he was interrupted by a soft, weak voice. "Janet?" Sam asked weakly. Janet rushed over to her and answered her back.

"Sam...Sam it's okay. You're in the Infirmary. Colonel O'Neill found you unconscious on the floor and brought you here." She said with an encouraging smile.

Sam looked at the person who was on the left side of her bed. She gave Jack a soft smile and thankyou. She was soon reminded of her pain when she tried to sit up.

"Take it easy Carter." Jack said noticing her quiet yelp from her bruises. She didn't look up him because she knew his and Janet's next question.

"Carter, what happened?" Jack asked sounding very worried. "I don't know Sir, I was feeling kind of weak when I was in the shower and I..." She answered trying to get out of answering the real question.

"No Sam we mean the bruises." Janet asked seriously. "Oh umm...I had gotten injured from our recent mission and you know how clumsy I can be." She said not convincing anyone even herself. "Carter, if memory serves from a couple of hours ago, our mission was a peaceful mission and you didn't get hurt. But I do recall you jumping when I patted you back. So therefore you couldn't have gotten the bruises there." He said trying to persuade her to tell him. "Well Sir, I could have gotten hurt from the beginning of the mission...the whole "back pat" ordeal was when we were leaving." She said in a rather bold tone. "Sam please tell us what happened to you." Janet begged. She immediately changed her face expression. She was beginning to look frightened.

Jack noticed the look on her face and thought to himself. * Carter is hiding somthing...but what I can't tell. Wait is that fear on her face. She's always brave...even the face of danger.* Interrupting his thoughts was the sound of Dr. Fraiser's name being called to the gate room. Jack nodded for her to go...Carter was going to be alright. Janet left the Infirmary in a hurry and left the two of them alone.

Jack glanced back up to Carter and she instantly found the floor an interesting sight. *Please Sir...don't ask the question again.* She thought to herself. "Carter." Jack said with affection is his voice and his eyes. "Sir please...I don't want to talk about it." She said disregaurding his attempt to beg her. "Sam, I don't want to make this an order...so please tell me as your friend." He requested her with again too much care in his tone. "Sir, please...I'll be okay. It was just that he was drunk." She said with regret. "What? Who? What happened?" Jack asked couriously. She looked up at him now. He could see the pain in her eyes. She tried to fight the tears from flowing freely. "It was an accident...we were in an argument and he hit me."

She attempted to finish the story but Jack cut in. "Who did this to you?" Jack asked as he picked up her hand. He could feel her trembling in his touch. Almost not audible she said a name; "Pete."

"Sam he hit you?" Jack asked as he felt his temper start to rise. "We were going to break up... he was too possessive. And one night I told him that it was over...and..." She tried to finish but the tears began to flow down her slightly flushed cheeks. "Shhh...you can trust me, tell me what happened next." He said as he gave her an assured smile.

"He threw the flowers that he was going to give me on the floor. The vase that they were in shattered. He yelled at me because him and his buddies went to a bar for a drink and he got drunk. One of his friends brought him home. He asked why I wanted it to be over. I said that he was too posessive and a bad drunk. He said if I left him that there would be consequences...and ofcourse I didn't believe him. So I ran into the bedroom packed up a couple days worth of clothes and I was going to leave when he grabbed me by the arm and threw me on the floor. His adrenaline gave him alot more stregnth what he normally had. And he started to hit me. I...I tried to push him off me and he...pulled out his hand cuffs and cuffed me to the bed and beat me till I was unconsious. He relized what he had done and ran out of the room and left me their. I woke up the next morning and I was bruised badly. It was horrible. I started yelling for him. I knew that he wasn't drunk anymore. He ran into the room and apologized and said that he would never hit me again." She said still with streams of tears falling downs her face.

"And did he?" Jack asked almost in anger.

"I said that Iwould give him another chance as long as he didn't drink. He seemed to get better, but then it happened again...only this time he wasn't drunk. He had heard my phone conversation with Janet. I was saying that I was going to break up with him because of commitment issues. He was afraid that I would tell somone what he did to me and he didn't want to loose me. He ran into the room and hung up the phone. I was scared...I instantly ran for the door he grabbed my leg and pulled me onto the floor. He threatend to kill me if I left...I was afraid so I said that I had to stay on base because of work related matters. He began to kick me in my side and I begged for him to stop. I pleaded with him to let me work and I said that I wouldn't tell. So he let me come and know I can't go back...he'll kill me!" She said as Jack embraced her with a hug. It seemed gentle. Inside he was furious. If he could get his hands on Pete he was going to make sure he never hurt her again. She released there hug and yawned. "Carter I'll let you sleep...you need your rest." Jack said trying to hide his anger. He patted her hand and he felt her grip his hand. "Sir, please stay." She said knowing she needed to be comforted.

"Are you sure Carter, cause if you want to be alone..."

"No Sir...that's the last thing I want to do." She said as he pulled up a chair and placed it next to her bed. She held his hand for comfort, and he began to slightly stroke it gently. She soon fell asleep, hand in hand with the man she trusted. Jack slightly dozed off unitl Janet came back in and woke him up.

"Colonel O'Neill. I think it would good if you let her sleep...and you need some yourself." She said in a whisper.

"Janet what Carter needs is not sleep but a comforter and I plan to do just that." He ansered while his gaze remained firmly on his Major. "Okay Sir, but you will eventually need to leave...but for now you can stay." She said as she patted his shoulder.

"Thanks." He replied back. He fell asleep and soon Janet left to go to her office.

"No...no please...let go of me!" Sam yelled making Jack jump out of his seat. He quickly observed his surrounding and saw Carter having a nightmare.

"Carter....Carter wake up. It's just a dream." He said as he slightly shook her.

"Jack...I told what happened he's going to hurt me again...please don't let him." Sam said as she began to cry.

"I promise he'll never hurt you again." Jack said as he gave her another hug. He calmed her down and was now brushing her hand with his. He kept whispering "I'm here...evrything's gonna be okay." He again almost fell asleep when he felt her shiver. "Shhh...it's ok I'm here Sam. I won't let anyone hurt you." He whispered as he neared her face and kissed her on the cheek. She calmed down and went back to sleep.

(NEXT MORNING)

Sam woke up feeling a little stronger. She was going to get dressed but when she tried to move she felt a resistance. She glanced down at her hand and saw Jack's fingers linked with hers. She tried to move his hand without waking him; but she wasn't sucessful. "Morning." He said as he peered open his eyes.

"Hi Sir." She said as she managed to give him a radiant smile.

"Feeling better I presume?" He said making her smile.

"Much. Thankyou."

"You're welcome." He said as he stood up and massaged his scalp.

"I'm feeling well enough to eat...but first I'm going to change." She said after he yawned.

"Thankyou Sir." She said as she gave him another beautiful smile.

"It was just a question." He said innocently.

"No. Thankyou for staying with me. I'm glad you didn't leave."

"I didn't want to."He said making her slightly blush.

At that instant General Hammond walked into the Infirmary.

"Good morning Colonel, Major how are you feeling?" He asked in a concerned tone.

"Much better Sir."

"I'm glad. I'm reliving SG-1 of duty until Major Carter feels better.

"Thankyou Sir." They both said in unison.

He nodded to the both of them and walked out.

"Well I'll let you change and then I'll meet you in the Commissary."

Jack said as he walked out.


Sam changed and headed to meet Jack.

"Morning Sam." Daniel siad pleasently.

"Hi Daniel. Where's Teal'c?" She asked noticing that the Jaffa's presence was not here.

"Oh he just couldn't wait to go through the Stargate so he's with SG-2 and 15. He's helping establish a new Jaffa rebellion." Jack said regarding his presence.

"Oh I see." She said back. Suddenly her cell phone rang breaking the silence at the table.

"Carter." She said as she answered the call. "No please... I still have work to do....No I'm working on somthing important. No no.Okay I will." She hung up the phone and just sat there just staring at it.

"Who was it." Jack asked noticing the concern on her face.

"Umm it was him." She said in an alarmed tone.

"Who Sam?" Daniel asked feeling quite unwanted.

"What did he say?" Jack asked as he slightly raised his voice.

"Who what did who say?" Daniel asked trying to understand what was going on between Jack and Sam.

"He said I had to come home or else." She said her voice changing into a concerned tone.

"That jerk." Jack said quite sternly.

"Okay I'm going to go because I have a feeling that your going to leave anyway." Daniel said as he picked up his coffee and walked out of the room.

"Please I don't want to go home...I can't." She pleaded Jack. "I won't make you go alone." He said as he grabbed her jacket and headed out of the room to.

(PETE'S PLACE)

"Okay Sam...I'll be with you the whole time...remember we're getting your stuff and you'll never have to come back." He said reassuring her that everything was going to be ok. She unlocked the door and saw an angry Pete sitting on the couch.

"Where have you been Sam?" He asked harshly. He saw Jack proceed her into his house. "Umm excuse me but what are you doing here?" Pete asked Jack harshly.

"She said it was over between you two so she's getting her stuff and moving out." Jack said getting aggervated.

"No she's not." He replied in a rash tone. "Carter get your stuff, that's an order." Jack said dismissing her to get her belongings. "Oh so Sam you have a body guard now do you? Or is it your new boyfriend?" Pete asked as he followed her into the bedroom. "No he's my CO and I'm obeying an order." She said as she started putting her stuff into a suitcase. Jack followed Pete into the room.

"Sam put your clothes away...you're not leaving." He said as he grabbed her hand leaving a visible hand mark on her wrist. "Get your hands off her!" Jack yelled at Pete.

"You don't tell me what to do...Sam's mine...and she's NOT LEAVING!!" Pete said as he tackled Jack. "Pete! Stop!" Sam yelled as she saw him attack Jack.

Pete started to puch Jack with all his might. He had an advantage Jack unfortunately didn't get alot of sleep from caring for Sam so he wasn't as sharp as he should of been.

Jack fell against the hard tile floor making it abvious he fell. His slammed into the firm ground causing him to black out for a few seconds. And with those seconds Pete began to punch Jack in his head. He made him start to bleed.

"No! Get off him!" Sam yelled as she ran to Pete and started to pull him off Jack.

"Sam get off me!" Pete screamed and right hooked her making her fly backwards into the bookshelf. She slammed her head into the corner and gashed open her head.

"Sam!" Jack yelled as he thrust Pete off and tried to fumble to where she was. He made his way across the living room and got and saw the blood loss she was suffering from. Just then Pete attacked Jack again. Pete was a cop and knew how to restrain a person. He had put Jack into a headlock. Jack was swinging his arms around occasionally hitting Pete in the face.


Sam slightly opened her eyes and saw Jack in a headlock she managed to stand and she attempted to walk over to them. Jack saw Sam approaching and knew Pete would just throw her again. From nowhere Jack had a rush of adrenline. He managed to escape the headlock. He now had the upper hand.

He tackled Pete on the floor and aggressively started to hit Pete.

"Please....I'm sorry Jack stop...I'll leave her alone..." The anger was no longer inside of him it was showing through the damage was doing to Pete. Sam saw Jack's eyes. She could see from his eyes and his face expressions...this wasn't only for her protection this was vengeance. Pete was begging for mercy and Jack was ignoring it like it was nothing. "Sir stop!" She yelled in fear. He ignored her and continued to strike Pete. Sam knew if he kept up at this rate he would be dead in minutes. This definately was not the Jack O'Neill she knew.

"Jack stop you'll kill him!" She cried.

Jack immediately stopped and looked up at Sam. He could see the fear in her eyes. He looked down at the half dead man in the house. Sam called for an ambulance and it arrived in a matter of minuets. Sam was standing by Pete. He was apologizing.

"Sam...I'm sorry...I just loved you so much...I didn't want you to leave..." He said taking several deep breathes of air in between words. Sam gave him a forgiving smile but they both knew after that there would be no Sam and Pete.

He was placed on a stretcher and they carried him out. An Medic walked over to Sam and suggested to she go to the hospital.

"No I'll be alright. It's not too bad of a gash." She said as the medic wrapped some gauze around her head. He gave Jack pain killers and ice packs for his black eyes. The ride back to the SGC was quite between the two.


Sam and Jack were taken to the Infirmary. "Colonel? Major? What happend?" Asked a stunned doctor. "That jerk wouldn't let Carter go and we kinda got into it." Jack said as he removed the icepack from his eye. "What?! What jerk?" Janet asked as she changed Sam's guaze. "Pete. My boyfriend. But not anymore." Sam said as she saw the confused Doctors look. "Sam. Is that why you have the bruises? Are they from him?" She asked as she gave the colonel some new ice packs.

"Yes." She asnwered shamefully.

Later that day Carter couldn't concentrate on her work in her lab. Images of Pete's bruised body came into her mind. Every time she closed her eyes she'd see the colonel attempt to kill her boyfriend. She could hear Pete's cry for help. Tears began to fall from her face.

She had never seen Jack so...aggressive...in combat or for self-defence. While that horrible scene played continuously in her mind she was interrupted when a hand landed on her shoulder making her jump.

"Whoa...sorry Sam. I didn't mean to startle you. I came up here to check on you." Daniel said giving his friend an encouraging smile.

"I'm a little sore. Thanks for asking." She said as she rubbed her head.

"I can't believe Pete would do that to you." Daniel said as he saw the bruises that were on her arm.

"I know Daniel. When I first met him he was a nice, caring man. But I found out that he was a bad drunk...an abusive one at that." She said noticing the care in Daniel's eyes. "Sam why didn't you tell us? We would have tought Pete a lession." Daniel said sounding like Jack.

"I was scared...and I didn't want for anyone else to get hurt. And I think the colonel could tell you how much of a lession he taught him." She said bitterly.

"What?" Daniel asked confused. "Umm...I have to get back to work...if you want to know why don't you ask him yourself." She said as she walked back to her laptop and began typing.


Daniel left her lab confused. "What did she mean by that?" He muttered to himself. "By what?" A voice asked behind him. Daniel turned around to see that I was Jack. "Hey Jack. What did you do to Pete?" Daniel asked hoping for an answer. "Well when Carter was in the Infirmary yesterday after I found her in the locker room I finally got the truth out of her. She said that Pete was hitting her. Sometimes because he was drunk, and sometimes because he was angry. I wanted her to get away from himand as soon as possible. I told her I would go help her get her things." Jack said as he was interrupted by Daniel.

"You mean she was going to leave him?" He asked couriously.

"No Daniel she was going to take a vacation." Jack replied sarcastically. "This isn't a time for sarcasism Jack." Daniel reminded him.

"Well anyways, Pete threatend her and I got involved. He tried to make Carter stay. I gave her the order to get her stuff. He attacked me. We began to fight and he was winning but it was because I didn't really have alot of energy. Carter tried to stop him and her hit her making her hit her head on the bookshelf. I was ticked. I fought back with all my might. Then she begged me to stop. I didn't realize that I had almost killed him. But he deserved it." Jack said fiercely.

"Wait she begged you to stop?" Daniel asked again confused. "Yeah I was protecting her. And she wanted me to stop?" Jack said bitterly.

"Well Jack I think maybe you should apologize." Daniel said soberly.

"What?! Apologize? For what? Saving her life?!" Jack said before he walked away.

(THREE DAYS LATER)

SG-1 was back on active duty now. Sam's bruises were looking not as bad and Jack said he was fine. Teal'c came back and when he had heard the story of what happened to Pete and Sam he was shocked. Daniel knew Sam was keeping somthing a secret but he didn't know what. He had noticed that Jack didn't go to Sam's Lab when he was bored. He went to Teal'c or him. Somthing wasn't right between them but what he didn't know.

"Alright SG-1 you have a go." General Hammond said through the intercom. SG-1 was going to what seemed an unhabited planet to collect soil samples for naquada in the soil.

"Good morning Campers!" Jack said in a cheery tone. "Okay let's get some samples." Jack siad as he clapped his hands together. "Teal'c, Daniel, you get the samples you need. Carter come with me." He said as he walked towards the near forest.

"Don't you just love planets with nothing but trees, eh Carter?" He asked sarcastically. She had managed to laugh even when she didn't think it was funny.

They had made their way about a mile in the forest when they came upon a strange looking plant. "Whoa! Carter what is that?" Jack said as he haulted right before the plant. "It looks like a Venus Fly-Trap, Sir."

She said as she studied it's structure. She pulled out a sample bottle and she was about to take one of the leaves when suddenly the "mouth" of the plant opened. "Holy Hannah!" She said she jumped back. "Carter don't touch that thing." Jack said as he stepped back from the plant.

"Sir, I'm noticeing some readings...it's the radiation it's getting higher. I think this plant is emitting radiation, we should leave, to much exposeure could permantly damage our brain cells." She said as they started to walk away.

"Daniel dial the gate." Jack ordered over the radio. "What? Why?" Daniel asked suddenly. "Carter said that there is a plant and its making the radiation levels increase...she said that we shouldn't stay long." He replied back.

They made it back and Daniel and Teal'c where waiting to go through.

"Did you get the samples?" Jack asked. Daniel gave a quick nod.

"Let's go home." Jack said as the entered in the IDC code and walked through the Stargate.


They debriefed General Hammond and sent the soil samples to the lab to be analized. Meanwhile Jack noticed some tension between him and his team member.

He made his way to her lab. He tapped on her door and heard an come in. "Hey Carter." He said nonchalantly. "Hi Sir." She answered with no joy in her voice.

"Carter is there somthing wrong?" He asked suddenly. "Sir?" She asked questioningly. "I mean, what's up. It's seems like there's unwanted tension between us." He said as he picked up somthing off her desk and started to play with it. "Sir please don't break that." She said taking the item back. "Sorry. So is there somthing you want to talk about?" He asked hoping her could resolve what ever needed to be. "No Sir. I'm sorry if you feel that there is somthing wrong between us, but lately I've just been a little tired...so I haven't been trying to confuse you with my "techno babble" as you prefer to call it." She said lying through her teeth and putting on a fake smile. "Okay Carter. But if there is ever somthing bothering you...just come and talk I'll listen." He said as he walked out.

This went on for the next three days. Sam avoided Jack feeling very uncomfortable around him. Daniel kept asking what was wrong she always said that she was fine. This time she really did need to talk to somone. Janet was taking time off to spend with Cassie so she didn't want to bother her. Teal'c was...well she needed more than just "indeeds" to help her. The Colonel wouldn't understand. So that left Daniel. She made his way to his office she knocked slightly and opened the door.

"Hey Daniel." She said timidly.

"Oh Hi Sam." Daniel greeted her warmly.

"Umm can we talk?" Sam requested politely.

"Sure Sam. What's up?" He said as he stopped looking at some files that were on his table.

"Umm it's about Colonel O'Neill." She said softly.

"Uh huh. What about him."

"Well...I don't know how to say this but...I'm..." She started to say when Daniel interrupted her sentence.

"Are you pregnant?" He asked in a surprised tone.

"No Daniel! I'm requesting to be on a different team." She said with pain.

"What you mean another SG team?" He asked in a perplexed sense.

"Yes I'm afraid...of him." She said softly.

"Sam did he hurt you?" Daniel asked sounding very worried.

"No Daniel it was when he was fighting Pete...I thought at first he was fighting for me then I saw it in his face and eyes. He was furious. Pete pleaded for mecry...and he kept hitting him. I begged him to stop because if he didn't stop he would probably be in prison...for murder...not self-defence." She said in a shaken tone of voice.

"Oh...Sam...come here." Daniel said as he cradled her in his arms. He could sense the fear from her. It all made sense to him now.

"Don't tell him that I told you please." She asked him sounding very much like a plea.

"I won't." He answered back.

(TWO HOURS LATER)

Sam was walking back from eating lunch when she saw Jack standing in the hallway. She had to pass him to get to her lab. She figured he was waiting for her.

"Hey Carter." He said with a smile. "Hi Sir." She said back nervously. She closed her eyes hoping her didn't hear the unresetful tone in her voice. "Carter, please tell me what's going on." He asked confused and polite. "I don't want to talk about it." She said bitterly.

"Major!" He called loudly making her jump. He noticed her jump and immediatly was going to regret this order. "About face." He ordered her. She instantly turned to face him...tears descending from her face. "Sam...please this hurts...I don't know what I did...please tell me so I can fix it." He begged tenderly.

"I'm sorry Sir." She said as she began walking backwards but the wall prevented her from going any further. She was petrified. He walked towards her to where there was very little distance between the two of them.

"Sam please tell me what's wrong...I can't stand to see you like this because I lo..."

"No...no no...you don't..you don't." She stammering to find her words. He reached to put his hand on her shoulder and when he did the image of him hitting Pete came to her mind. "No! Don't touch me!" She yelled. "Sam calm down please." Jack asked noticing the fear in her eyes. At the moment General Hammond was coming to see her and had heard he yell. "Colonel what are you doing?!" The general asked firmly making both of them jump.

"Major did Colonel O'Neill hurt you?" Asked an angry General. She tried to shake her head no but she stood there frozen against the wall...with tears streaming down her face. "Airman please take Colonel O'Neill to a holding cell. Major please meet me in my office." He said as he walked away.

Sam turned to face Jack who had his hands behind his back with an airman puching him forward. He turned and looked a her, she was still crying. She had managed to mouth the words "I'm sorry." She saw the regret in his eyes. She knew that he loved her...she knew she loved him back. But a part of her still saw the Jack that hurt Pete. She stopped crying and walked to the General's office.

"Major." Hammond said as he offered her to sit down.

"General." She said back.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked with care in his voice.

"No Sir." She said truthfully.

"Major, regardless of his orders, you have to tell me the truth." He told her with a stern.

"Sir, you know that I woudn't lie to a commanding officer." She said as she clasped her hands together.

"I know Major. I'm sorry." He agreed and apologized to her.

"Then why did have you backed up against the wall? And why did you yell for him to let go?" He questioned.

"Well I've been thinking of Pete, and when he touched me...it reminded me of Pete...I was scared." She asnwered truthfully.

"Is the Colonel's actions bothering you?"

"No Sir...it's just been a little awkard."

"Do you need some down time?" He asked with a smile.

"No Sir, I was wanting to ask you something else." She asked him seriously.

"Shoot." He answered back.

"Well Sir, I was wondering if I could be on another SG team?" She asked noticing the shock on his face when she asked.

"What, why? There is somthing else. The Colonel did something didn't he?" He accused.

"Sir...no..."

"Major!"

"Sir when he was fighting with Pete...the look in his eye scared me. I mean at first he was helping me move and then they began fighting. And when Colonel O'Neill started to win...it was more out of revenge not self-defense. I've never seen him so...agressive." She said truthfully.


"I heard that Pete was literally begging for him to stop. And did he?" He asked her noticing her face expression change.

"Yes...I had to beg him to get off him.. it scared me that he wouldn't stop when he begged." She said sadly. "Now please may I please be on a different SG team?" She pleaded with him.

He thought for a while and then answered her.

"Alright Major, I'll ask the president. But if you change your mind...you'll always have a spot on SG-1." He said as he stood up and walked her to the door.

"Thank you Sir." She said she walked away.


"Excuse me General Hammond?" An ariman asked interrupting the General from his work.

"Yes Sergant?" He asked as he stopped typing on his laptop.

"Umm Colonel O'Neill wants to talk to you. He's being very persistant." He said in an annoyed tone of voice.

"Ok thank you." He aswered back and walked out of his office to go see the annoying Colonel.


"Colonel?" Hammond asked as he entered the holding cell.

"General can you please get me out of here!" Jack said anxiously.

"I'm sorry I can't do that." He said with a small chuckle.

"And why not?" He asked abruptly.

"Because you made a certain member of your team feel uncomfortable." Hammond stated solemnly.

"What?! What did I do?" He asked innocently.

"Major Carter, Jack...do I have to spell it out for you. You hurt her!" He said dumbfoundly.

"Sir I would never hurt her becauser I love her!" Jack said unintentionally.

"Jack I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear you say that; *if* you sort things out with Carter. I have a phone call to make." General Hammond said as he unlocked the cell and went back to his office.

(SAM'S LAB)

"Daniel I asked for to be on a different SG team." She admitted to him.

"Sam you can't do that." He told her suddenly.

"Why not?" She asked bitterly.

"Because you're blowing this way out of proportions." He reminded her.

"Daniel I'm not. I'm..." She started to say when he interrupted her.

"Sam you can't hide from your feelings...you love him and you're hiding from it!" He scolded her as soon as Jack walked in. He had heard what Daniel said.

Daniel ignored his presence and kept talking. "Sam you can't believe that he would hurt someone intentionally. I know him...he was fighting for you!" He said noticing her wanting him to shut up.

"Carter we need to talk. And please don't go away. Listen to what I have to say." He told her as Daniel stood up to leave. He opened the door and saw the General standing there. Jack and Sam both stood to attention. "As you were." He told them as they sat back down. "Major, I called the President and he would like for you to stay on SG-1 for one week and if you still want to transfer than you may." He told her the information and noticed Jack's look on his face.

"What? Transfer teams?" Jack asked a little angry. The general walked out and ordered an airman to make sure that no one comes out.

"General please." Sam pleaded at the door hearing a faint "I'm sorry" from the general.

"Sam please don't shy away from me. I care too much for you to back away and leave." He said tenderly. He was very confused why wouldn't she just tell him? Was it somthing so bad she didn't want to say? "Carter. I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm really am. But I need to know how I hurt you." He begged her.

"Sir, it was when you were fighting with Pete...the look in your eyes...it was not for me...the look was revenge." She finally told him.

"Carter with utmost respect you didn't hear what he said after he knock you out. He looked me sqare in the eye and said that I might as well just kill him there because if I didn't he would have killed you." He said painfully. "What?" She asked very confused. "Yes Sam. Your right; he made me furious. But I was doing it out of defense...no, actually love. Sam I love you. I always have and always will. I couldn't loose you...I wouldn't let you go. I'm sorry." He admitted to her.

"Pete threatend to kill me?" She asked with hurt. "Yes Sam. Now please forgive me." He begged her again. "No Sir." She said softly.

"Excuse me?" He asked rhetorical. "I can't forgive you because you did nothing wrong...I should be the one apologizing. I kept it from you. I'm sorry I turned away. I'm sorry I disregarded you. I'm sorry that I hid my feelings." She said as she began to cry. He pulled her into a hug. "Sam nothing that you say or do will make me be mad at you." He said softly.

He walked over to the door and tried to open it. It was locked. "So does this mean your staying with SG-1?" He asked curiously. "Well Sir, I would like to stay." She said with a beatutiful smile that hadn't appeared in a while. "Okay. Can you get us out of here?" He asked politley. "Yes Sir, why don't you try to open the door." She said sarcastically. "I tried that it's locked." He said shaking the handle showing her it was locked. "Oh." She answered. He walked over to the door and started knocking on it. "Hello? Can you let us out please?" He asked while he knocked on the door. "I'm sorry Colonel, I was given strict orders to make sure that no one came out." He told them. "Then can we speak to General Hammond?" She asked with determination to get out. "I'll go get him." He told them.

The airman returned with the General. "Sir can we come out yet." Jack said sounding like a four year old. "Well are things settled between you and the Major?" He asked as he opened the door. "Umm I don't know Sir." He said honesltly. Sam was confused she was positive that there was no more tension between them. But she could have been wrong.

"Colonel?" He asked confused. "Sir if I may?" Jack asked sounding like he was about to ask a question to Carter. "By all means go ahead." He answered giving him permission. Jack grabbed Sam and kissed her he felt her kiss back. He broke the kiss and looked at the stunned General and said, "Yup we're good."

"So Major? Are you going to stay with SG-1?" He asked her. "Sir I know that I love him and the regulations won't let..." She started to say when he interrupted her. "Major, Colonel I talked with the President and he said that if you two got things resolved he didn't care if you two had an intimate relationship off base but on base you need to have the professional actions toward each other." He said with joy. "So Car...Sam and I can..."

"Yes. Continue." Hammond said as he gave the two a smile and chuckle.

Jack pulled Sam close to him and kissed her again.

Daniel and Teal'c walked in noticing the "new couple". "So Jack, Sam, when's the wedding?" Daniel teased them. Jack and Sam smirked and walked out of the lab. Then Teal'c smiled and whispered to Daniel, "I believe they plan to get married next week."

"What?! Are you joking? Teal'c!" He ran out and chased the three of them.



THE END