samandjack.net

Story Notes: Feedback: Yes! Yes! Ah did I mention YES?

Archive: SJA, yes (if it's worthy) Helipothis,yes

Authors note: Ok i'm just sketching out some ideas so please, please have mercy on me. I would ask that if you have any sujestions, to not hesitate in telling me!I need all the help i can get!


"Sam, what's this?" Cassie asked from across the attic. Sam looked up to see Cassie pointing at a large box labeled 'Sammy'. Sam shrugged, and came over to help. Cassie was bored and had offered to come over and help Sam sort her attic. But Sam had a feeling that Cassie had more or less been kicked by Janet and told to amuse Herself.

"I don't know." Sam said curiously, as she helped Cassie pull off the duck tape. When they opened it Sam smiled and lovingly reached in and pulled out a small J.I.JO doll. Cassie rolled her eyes and ruffled around in the box until she produced a wooden box duck tapped several times.

"What's this?" Cassie asked pulling at the tape. Sam shrugged and looked further into the box, pulling out childhood toys. It must have been the box of the stuff from their old house, that Mark had sent her 10 months ago. "It won't open." Cassie Whined, trying to pry the box open.

Sam picked up the blade and slit it down the side. But the box Was sealed tight. A small little key hole became visible, after The tape was pulled off. "I wonder where the keys are?" Sam muttered, pulling again at the side.

Cassie frowned and put it down beside her. Losing interest, she Dove back into the box, looking at all of Sam's old stuff. There Was a small jewelry box, that had Sammy engraved over the Top. Cassie smiled delighted and pulled it open.

Not surprising she didn't find any thing good. Sometimes Her Aunt could be such a Tom Boy. She picked up a small Necklace, that held 2 rings and a key. She held it up to Sam to inspect. "I remember this, I never took it off. It came Everywhere with me, until I was 16." Sam explained fingering The necklace lovingly.

Cassie suddenly grasped it off her and picked up the box, She had discarded. Fitting the the key in the hole, the box Open with a click. Cassie smiled and opened the box. Inside, was all sort of trinkets. The box inside was covered in red velvet. A small white plastic tulip sat in the middle of the box. "What's this?" Cassie asked excited, looking through the box. She held up a small pair of heart shaped saffire earrings.

Sam picked them up and turned them over in her hand. They Felt so familiar but she couldn't think how. She picked through The box and found a photo. It was of a tall, lean 16 year old boy. His dark brown hair and hazel eyes smiling at the photo. Sam Stared at it. He looked familiar.

Cassie pulled out a small leather bound diary. She smiled gleefully, opening up to the fist page. "Read it out loud." Sam said, still Staring at the photo.

"Dear Journal, Hi. This is my very first entry in my very own Journal. I got this from Dad, although I think mom helped him Pick it out. Today I went out with family and friends To this new holiday house, dad bought. It's really nice, and I think were going to stay there next week. I can't wait! It's on the water and there's a huge lake that goes on for miles. There's even a house down the lake. But you have to take a boat to get there! But there is a really good looking guy who lives there! He's a couple of years older than me, about Marks age. But he has the most to die for eyes. When I met him, he was playing hockey on his front lawn and he waved. I can't believe it, he waved!!!!! Mark, of course, being Mark, went Over and introduced himself and now he's coming for dinner Next week. What am I going to wear? What will he think? Will He like me? -Dad's calling, gotta go, Sam."

Cassie raised her eyebrows. She turned to the next page and Read on. "Journal, He's here! I can't believe it! Right now He is downstairs with Mark, getting washed up for dinner. He said Hi again when Mark showed him around the house And said I had a nice room. He's sooooo cute! I can't believe I'm having dinner with him, in 5 minutes!!!!! Oh and guess What ? He doesn't live here either, he lives in Colorado! But He comes down here when he's dad is off duty. His dad is A General too! Which means we'll see more of him, because Dad know's his dad! How cool! Well I have to go, I'll Tell you everything tonight! -Sam"

Sam smiled and watched as Cassie's eyes lit up as she read on. Sam thought back, remembering the old holiday house and the Boy who lived down the river. Suddenly she blushed. "Ahh Cassie how about lunch? You don't need to read that, it's Boring." Sam said trying to pry the diary out of her nieces Hand.

Cassie smiled and hugged the diary to her. "Now way." She said And stood up. "I was just getting interested. Beside's your always Saying I should share." She ran out of the room with the diary and Sam chased after her.

Sam gave up on her and went back into the kitchen To prepare. "Sam!" She heard a shriek of laughter and Sam Rushed in. Sam saw Jack standing over Cassie tickling her.

Jack looked up and saw Sam. "Hey." He said smiling and Mentioned to her ear. "Nice earrings." He complimented. Sam blushed and fingered the Saffire ones that they had Found in the box. Sam had put them on as she was making Lunch.

Cassie giggled and looked up from the diary. "This is Funny." She said lowering her head back to read The rest of it. Sam rolled her eyes and looked at Jack.

"We where just making lunch, did you want to stay?" She asked. Jack smiled and nodded, before he sat back down next to Cassie.

As soon as she left the room, she heard Jack whisper, "what's so funny?" He asked.

"Sam's diary." Cassie declared waving it in front of him. Jack rose his eye brows and looked over to see if Sam was watching. Seeing she wasn't he grasped half of the diary.

"Let me read." He said complaining as she snatched it out of his hand. "I wont tell a soul." He promised and Cassie let him look on.

"Who's the Guy?" Jack asked after a while. Cassie shrugged and watched as he flicked to the next couple of pages trying to find a name.

"Uncle Jack, your skipping all the good stuff. Let me read." She complained as he flicked Through the pages again.

"Sorry, but you women are slow with details." He complained and turned back to where they Had last been.



~*~



"Well I think I better get sleeping beauty home." Jack whispered to Sam, mentioning to the sleeping child in his arms. He nudged Cassie and she only buried her head deeper in his shoulder.

Sam smiled, opening the door. Jack scooped Cassie into his arms And carried her sleeping form out towards the front door. "I'll See you tomorrow?" Sam asked quietly.

"Yeah." Jack said."Thanks for lunch and dinner." He adjusted his grip on Cassie as Sam smiled at him.

"Yeah, Mom always said the way to a CO heart is through his stomach" She joked. Jack laughed quietly and they walked outside.

"Well you got me hook line and sinker." He agreed, not letting on how true it really was. He pushed all thoughts aside and navigated his way down the stairs to his car. He handed Sam his keys, and she opened the car door for him.

Once Cassie was in and buckled up safely, Sam wrapped her arms Around herself to keep herself warm. "Drive safely." She warned Mentioning to the rain slicked road.

Jack smiled and motioned to her shaking shoulders. "You should Get inside, it's getting cold." He shook his head, knowing she wouldn't go inside until he had left.

Sam just smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "I will." She mentioned For him to get going and he did so. Waving, he pulled out of her Drive way and drove carefully to Janetís house.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Jack was getting back in his car, after having dropped Cassie off And noticed something odd sitting on the floor. Leaning over he Noticed it to be the leader bound Journal that Cassie had been Reading. He had only read the first page until Sam had came in and Cassie must of taken it. He rolled his eyes and smiled, placing the Book on his seat. He made a mental note to give it to Sam in the Morning.

But as he drove into his own driveway, he paused. The book seemed to dare him to pick it up. Picking it up, he turned it over in his

hands gingerly. He knew he shouldn't read it, the Journal belonging to Sam after all. But he was curious. He wondered about the things she Might think about, and tucked it into his jacket.

Flicking on the lights to his house, Jack threw his jacket over his Bed and headed for the bathroom. After a long hot shower, Jack Dressed for bed and climbed into his bed. After settling to the Cold bed, he rolled over and felt something strike his toe. Frowning, He sat up and reached for the offending object. His hands curled Over something solid and he lifted the object, noticing it to be the Journal.

Jack leaned over and turned his bedside lamp on and stared at the Object. Biting his lip, he opened to the last page he and cassie had Read. Jack felt surprised that his conscience didn't tell him he was Invading her privacy. Instead it ordered him to hurry up and read it.

'Journal, Well dinner went great. In fact I learned all about him. He Is in love with hockey and has a pet dog, named Charlie. He even Has a younger brother. I know that he's too old for me, but he's So fine. Yeah, so he's 19 and I am only 13. But he doesn't look it. He only looks about 16. (Which is how old his brother is) Anyway, He invited Mark and the family to join him and his family, at a BBQ, tomorrow night.

Journal, this may be the best summer ever! You should see him. He is so cute. Big puppy dog eyes, brown hair, (That I am dying to run my hands through), and a big smile. He says The funniest jokes too! Journal, I know I am only 13, but could this be love? Really? I don't care if I'm too young, I'm smart enough to Know the difference between a crush and love. (Dad always said I Am ahead of people my age!) Well I better go, because I need to get Up early tomorrow! -Samí

Jack stared at the page in front of him. He couldn't believe the Sam In this diary, was actually the same Sam he knew. It was so, so, Girly! He'd always thought Sam was just one big tom boy. Never Thought about guys, or clothes or, for crying out loud, love! He Re-read the entry again and rose his eye brows. It couldn't be his captain. It didn't make sense. No wonder she didn't want Cassie Reading it. Jack hastily turned the page and read what had happened.

'Journal, Wow. Tonight was so wonderful. Normally I don't like to Write details, but tonight calls for it. Okay, so I finally found something To wear, (after 2 trips to the local mall) and bought a blue dress. It was Really nice and even Mark liked it. Although, he paid me out, saying that I was trying to show 'lake boy' my breast. (okay, so It had a long neck Line, but as mom says, 'if you've got it flaunt it'. Much to Dad's Disagreement.)

Anyway when we arrived we met his family. His mom was really sweet and talkative and his dad told the same bad jokes as my dad. So while the Parents started chatting, we went off. Now this is how I first met his Brother. His brother, who was nick named 'geek', was teaching his dog how to dig out crab holes, in the mud. In the process 'geek' was covered in mud and so was the dog. When he saw us, he simply grunted and went back to the dog.

How rude! I feel sorry for him, because he didn't have his older brothers looks or charm. 'geek' had long shaggy brown hair, that hadn't be washed in god knows how long, and really dark brown eyes, they where as black as his pupils! It looked really weird!

And when he did manage to speak his voice was high pitched and squeaky.

Any way back to 'Lake Boy'. He is so dreamy and offered me a drink and Sat next to me at dinner. Of course, Mark being the jerk he is, told

his That my tit's where hanging out and I was so mortified and then 'lake boy' leaned over and said i had nice breasts. (It wasn't till afterwards I thanked mark!)

After dinner, his parents set up some music and we danced a bit. I danced Once with 'geek', (he kept stepping on my toes!) and then a couple of Times with 'lake boy'. He danced so fine, and he put his arms around Me tightly and I was in heaven! I was so unhappy when the song was Over, but he whispered in my ear to met him further down the lake tomorrow Night! I can't wait!

So that was my night, I can't wait till tomorrow night. I'll tell you everything Tomorrow! PS. I think I'm happy in love! -Samí

Jack smiled and let out a breath of air out. Well that was different, he thought. He was so shocked at this discovery. This was Samantha Carter. This is who she really was. She wasn't some tuff as steel solider, who had no feelings. In fact she was a giggling teenage girl, who was discovering feelings about the opposite sex.

He felt like heís learned more about his Captain in a few pages, then he'd know her in 3 years. It was a little disturbing, knowing about all the feelings she felt for this guy, who didn't have a name other than 'lake boy' and he found himself feeling sorry for 'geek'. 'lake boy' sounded a little bit like a jerk, if he really thought about it and he hoped nothing would come of it. But as he read on and found the pages filling with 'loves', 'wants', 'marriage', he had to force himself not to scream at the journal to be careful. He felt the disturbing pang of jealousy as she described her first kiss with 'lake boy' and how Mark had given her a love letter from him. He raised his eye brows and read on.

'Journal, It's been 3 weeks since he last kissed me. I can't wait For it to happen again. It was so wonderful and I think about Doing it again every time I hear his name. In fact, I'm thinking About it more so, since his letter. We're going for a midnight Row tonight! He told me he found some hidden cabin in the woods And he's going to show me! Journal, I love him. I really do. He's Everything. He's so smart and he's going to become a doctor, Because he wants to save people's lives! Isn't that romantic? Wow. I mean I wanted to be a scientist, but that's nothing compared to a doctor.

Journal, it's all so perfect. My life is so perfect. I have everything. Well I still don't get along with Mark, he and my love Have gotten into a fight, (which Mark started) , and now Mark is Telling me to stay away from him. How could I not? He's just jealous. He doesnít want me to be happy. Even my love's Brother said I should stay away from him. Some brother, 'geek' Is such a pain. I hate him. Well it's time for me to get ready for tonight. -Sam'

Jack felt himself become fearful. Boy, was she ignorant at 13. Well, she should at that age, but it was so obvious that 'her love' Had more intentions that just showing her the cabin.

Jack shook his head. This journal was like some bad romance Novel, where you screamed at the main character to run or To fall for the other guy. It was starting to drive him insane. He was beginning to forget that this was 'Carter', and more Like she was some damsel in a movie. He shouldn't be thinking These kind of things. He warned himself.

Jack put down the journal and shook his head. He was meant To be on base in less then 5 hours and was going to be beat. Not to mention the fact he was going to look at Sam tomorrow And think 'what are you doing?'. He sighed and put the Journal down and switched off the light.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~



After 5 minutes of tossing and turning, he sat up angrily. He snatched The journal back up and turned to where she had last written. His Face fell as he read the entry.

Journal, This is my last entry ever. After what happened last night, I *never* want to be a girl again. In fact tomorrow we're leaving And I couldn't be happier. I hate him. Your probably confused, And I explain. I'm writing this as a reminder, so if I ever fall In love again, I'll stop and walk away. I never want to be in Love *ever* again!

Okay, so I got met him at the lake, after much warning from Mark not to go. (I should of listened to him) and I went. We Arrived at the cabin and I was really cold and worried. Marks Warning bothered me, Mark had begged me not to go, but I Shrugged him off. Anyway, I was just excited at being with him, And he was whispering all the things in my ear that where so Sweet and innocent. Then he asked me if he could kiss me again. And I said yes.

We started kissing and well things where starting to go too far. He was pulling at my dress roughly and I started to get scared. I asked him to stop, but he said he loved me and wanted to teach me what It was to be a women. I said no, and he got angry. I asked him to take me home and he got up. But instead of taking me back, he locked the door. I started to panic and pushed past him, but he pulled me towards the bed.

I was so scared, Journal. I didn't know what to do. I started pleading for him to let me go, But he said he'd hurt me if I didnít stop crying. It was horrible. He tore my dress off and used it to tie my hands to the bed. I don't Think I've ever cried so hard. It hurt so much, and I begged him To stop.

( It wasn't how they say it is at all. It's gross and painful, And I don't think I'll ever get rid of the smell.)

But just as I thought I would die right there, Mark hurdled through the door. I've Never been so happy to see anyone in my life. He was soaking, as He had probably swam here, and he punched him off. They Started to fight and much to Marks credit, he won. Mark just Looked at me and said he was sorry. I didn't mean too, but I Began to cry and he untied me and wrapped me up in the blanket. I don't think I stopped crying until I was in the shower, back at home.

It's been my 6th shower today, journal. I can't get rid of the horrid Feeling. Dad went over there and told his dad and they had a huge Fight. Mark, again went over and Beat the life out of him. That is after his father and 'Geek'. He came over today, 'Geek' that is. I didn't see him though, I haven't Talked to any, but Mom and dad since it happened. He left a note Though, and I didn't want to read it until an hour ago. I did read It and It simply said 'I'm sorry for what my brothers done. Please Don't hate me as well. Don't let any guy tell you your anything less then beautiful. What my brother did was wrong. No one Should ever steal your innocence. I really hope in time you can forget what he has done, and move on with your life. I wish you had never met us, as we have caused you so much pain. Iím sorry. -Jack 'geek'

It was real sweet, he had a white plastic tulip inside and everything. I cried after that. I too wish, I had never met him, But was glad that I had met 'Geek' or should I say Jack? I never Knew his real name you know. But it doesn't matter, I can Get on with my life. I know what Iím going to be. A solider. So I can blow bastards like him sky high and save innocent lives from people like him. Not very noble, but I donít care. Nothing Matters any more. In time he'll be nothing but a figment of my Imagination and I will forget it ever happened. Hopefully. I hope Thereís more Jacks out their though, -Sam"

Jack felt the journal fall from his lap. He felt a flash of memories Hit him like a lightning bolt. He remembered that. Remembered his brother sleeping with a girl, and that Jack had Been sent to military school, because his parents feared that he Would turn out like his brother.

Jack shook his head. He couldnít believe how he had ever forgotten. He remembered finding out from Mark what his brother had done, And had written the letter to her straight away. He never admitted it, But ever since he saw her, he had liked her. But unlike most guys his Age, he didnít want to grow up and was still thought girls where Gross. It wasnít till after that, heíd began to respect women. And Hated his brother and refused to talk to him for 10 years.

Jack closed his eyes and groaned. Did Sam remember who he was? He turned off the light shakily. What would he say to her tomorrow? Would she hate him? Would she ever respect him again? He felt A well of guilt inside of him. Not because of reading her diary, but Because his family had distroyed her life. How could he look at her Tomorrow without wanting to hug her and tell her how sorry he was.

He rolled over. What was he going to do? His brother had once again, Managed to screw something up. He swore he would make it up to Her tomorrow, but what could he do? She would most likely brush Him off and tell him to forget it. But how could he forget it? She had Lost her virginity to a monster. A monster that he felt ashamed to share His last name with. Luke OíNeill. Lake boy. The thought made him Cringe and his fist bawled up. He was gonna kill that son of a bitch One day.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Sam breathed out a huff as she walked down the base corridor. It was silent apart from the whistling of air through the air Duct above her. Very strange, for this time of night in the SGC. Sighing, she walked to the locker room and swore.

"Oh man." She complained as she noticed that the tag was still on blue. They had been in there all night. Sam was starting to hate the fact that she was a woman in a almost male dominant base.

Frowning she walked back to her room and threw her jacket off. Something slid from her bed as the jacket came in contact with it. Bending down and looking under her bed, she found her leather Bound journal that her and cassie had found the other day. She Smiled, Janet had probably found Cassie with it and put it on her Bed.

Throwing herself onto her bed she rolled onto her stomach and Opened the journal. She giggled reading the first page and rolled Her eyes at the mentions of falling in love. "Please."She told The journal and threw it to the side. "I've read Danielle Steel Books trashier than that." She stretched and got up, fustrated Because she was still smelling like their last mission.

Deciding on personally dragging out every guy in there, she Stormed down the corridor and headed into the locker room. "I'm coming in!" She shouted and stormed in.She grinned as she saw Daniel turn and run out the door. "That's better." She said to herself and got ready for her shower.