samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: the_fourth_dimension@hotmail.com

CATEGORY: Drabble. Sam/Other, Sam/Jack

SPOILERS: for a possible S7 ep

SEASON: 7

FEEDBACK: As always, the highlight of my day.

DISCLAIMER: Jack belongs to Sam and Sam belongs to Jack. I'll take Jonas since TPTB don't seem to want him. In the real world, however, Stargate SG-1 and its characters belong to MGM, Gekko Film Corp and Double Secret Productions. This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money exchanged hands. No copyright or trademark infringement was intended. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is loosely based on rumours of a possible S7 ep where Sam has a boyfriend outside the SGC who has no idea what she actually does for a living.

The summary comes from the X-Files ep Milagro; Scully says it to Padgett. I don't agree with her, but the line always stuck with me.


She hadn't gone looking for a relationship. If she were honest with herself - and she wasn't always - she'd wanted a quick fling, a little sex, some appreciation from someone who was normal. Whatever that meant. He'd turned out to be a really nice guy with whom she'd enjoyed spending time and now, several months later, they were still together.

She hadn't told Jack, though she knew he suspected something when she'd started leaving on time several nights a week. And though they'd never made promises, she still felt guilty.

But guilt, she discovered, was easier to live with than loneliness.

--end--