samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email; saraandsamrule@hotmail.com

Rating; g

Category; angst, episode addition.

Archive; Sam and jack, heliopolis, fanfiction.net, Jack and Sam's pad anyone else, ask first.

Spoilers; affinity.

Warning; angst

Summary; three drabbles set during affinity

Status; complete

Author's notes;

Feedback;. what keeps me writing.


LOSS



He just made it to the locker room in time. SG1's locker room, that still had his name on one of the lockers. Then he sat, his head in his hands, and cried.

He can't believe he's crying. He hasn't cried since Charlie. The tears surprised him. He wonders if she saw, does she know?

Does she know she hurt him?

How can she, since he cannot tell her.

He's lost her.

But at least she's alive, and there's a fierce, angry comfort in the fact she talked to him about this before anyone else.

But still the tears flow.



HIDING



Did she see tears in his eyes, or did she imagine them? And were they for her?

For just a second there, she forgot about Pete, and all she saw was his eyes, and it looked like all the love in the universe was in there, and it was for her.

It frightened her. What has she done to deserve this? It's too fierce, too uncontrollable. She couldn't compartmentalize and manage that love.

But for that second, she wanted it. She needed it. she returned it.

But he left suddenly, and to her surprise, there's a tear on her cheek.



ACCEPTANCE

I thought she was wonderful before I knew. But now, wow, it's like she's wonder-woman! Beautiful and strong and clever. I just want to wrap up her in cotton wool and keep her with me for the rest of my life. I want to keep her safe. I want her to belong to me.

I can't believe she's here, with me, beside me.

Except, her eyes are distant. And even as she says yes, I feel her holding back And I don't think the tears in her eyes are tears of happiness.

But I'll keep her until she lets go.