samandjack.net

Story Notes: Warnings, Content: Fluff, Slight humour...hints of romance

Pairing: Sam and Jack....have I ever written anything else? hehe

Season:Future /eight plus/

NO SPOILERS!!

Archive: Samandjack.net, Helio, Fanfiction.net and anywhere else, just ask.


You know, there's times when he is at his most innocent - you're unnamed boyfriend, that you only just started to refer to him as - that you ponder the smallest features that are in his make-up

Why didn't you recognise it earlier?

The fluffy, fuzzy feelings that are provoked by the artistic nature of some of his more intimate freckles, the small wiggle he does with his nose when he's being naturally cute in his own environment, that makes you notice how timid and cuddly he can be, when he's unaware of you looking at him.

Then you're mind is thrown, as if by catalyst you remember his military stature. And the qualities that made him a dignified leader, surface in your history together. His acute awareness for fact and reference. His duality, his ability to think strategically, along with placement and weapons, and holding positions, all without even batting an eyelid. And above all, His annoyingly special gift, for pull one life after another straight out of his ass. And above all his confidence in the field with a conviction that still turns you're legs astray because you know you fed off of him in the field.

And then....you remember the passion.

A passion that comes along with every, antagonistic, moody male of his generation. The fire that he lives and breathes and loves with, that he only allows in the light of love and making that said love. And occasionally just for sex.

But above it all, The cuteness, the duty, the passion, there's always the one thing that has.... well, pissed her off as well as intrigued her to the very core of her questioning...

"Jack...watcha doing?"

"Why has Tweety bird never challenged Roadrunner to fight?"

There were *so* many reasons to be worried at his statement....in a really 'Oh god' way.

"Um, I don't know?" Her statement lingered more as a question, but her eyebrows told the telltale worry that her voice didn't betray.

"Maybe because....I don't really know."

"Well, you know, you gotta give Tweety some credit....that bird's gotta lot of mouth. I reckon...." He didn't finish the statement, instead indicating to the television.

"What?"

"He could take Roady... that bird looks like a...chicken."

"Isn't that the point…wait there, isn‘t Roadrunner a….?"

"..Funny. Really though, why?"

"Maybe it's because their...." She paused, hoping that the rest of the sentence would fly out of her mouth. "Both... Birds?"

"Because they're both birds?"

The look on his face, almost had her convinced that she was for lack of a better word....wacko.

"Yes." She nodded, trying not to falter a smile.

"Hmm...That's a good point." His eyes floated away from her and then obscurely back on the television, leaving her feeling very uncomfortable for a second.

Yep. That was the question...

"Jack?"

"Yeaas?"

"Why are you....*so* weird?"

Yep. That was *it* alright...

--------------------------------