samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: rdagate@gmail.com

Spoilers: Season 7, before Chimera

Archive: SJD, yes


SGC

"General, we're signing a peace treaty here, right?" asked Jack.

"Yes, son we are. Why?"

"Well, that's all politics and stuff. Why do I HAVE to go with SG-9? Besides it's so boring there."

"Well Colonel, they have military forces there too. You're just the one who is our best expert at that."

"Right, just my luck."

"What was that?" asked Hammond with a strong voice.

"Yes, Sir. I am thrilled to carry out your order."

********************

ON THE PLANET

Jack and SG-9 were soon greeted by the locals. Jack headed to their military complex, while those "nerds" as he liked to call them, went to sign the peace treaty.

At the complex Lookin, the planet's military leader guided Jack into the facility. He started talking of their weapons, demonstrated them and Jack wasn't that happy. Earth was more advanced in weaponry then them. *Way to go, SG-9* he thought as he kept on walking through the facility with Lookin.

"Now, Colonel THIS is our most advanced weapon. It is extremely powerful."

"Well, let's take a look." he said with a sigh. They walked into the room and Jack gasped with surprise. It was a device of the Ancients.

"Do you know how to operate with it?" Jack asked.

"Not yet, but we're working on it very well." answered Lookin with a satisfied smile. But Jack wasn't that happy.

"You dope, turn that thing off if you don't know what it does. It could wipe out the whole planet." Jack shouted.

"Colonel, I assure you.." started Lookin, but suddenly the device started shaking immensely, as if it were to explode.

"Get out of the facility, now" Jack shouted and started pushing the staff towards the exit. Suddenly Jack's eyes glowed in deep blue and he ran towards the device, opened the control panel and started to repair it. But it was too late. There was a huge blast and it hit Jack with full force and he became unconcious the second it hit him. SG-9 were watching this from the outside and hurriedly ran towards the gate to get reinforcments to get O'Neill. They walked down the ramp shocked because they didn't know what happened to O'Neill. They explained what happened and Hammond was furious at them for leaving him behind, but immediately sent SG-1 and SG-3 to get him back.

When they came through the event horizon Sam asked the nearest human where did the explosion happen. He showed towards the facility and they headed there. The facility was to everyones surprise in perfect shape. They soon found O'Neill still unconcious on the floor.

"Sir" said Sam and ran towards him. Teal'c and Reynolds supported him as they returned through the gate. Jack woke up 3 hours later. He tried to stand up and groaned. "Sir, are you ok?" asked Janet and checked his head. He seemed fine.

"Yeah, just peachy Fraiser. Oh, hey guys" he said to Sam, Daniel and Teal'c.

"O'Neill I am most pleased you are well." said Teal'c.

"Me too." answered Sam and Daniel in unison.

"Thanks. So Fraiser, when can I dump the infirmary, huh?"

"Tomorrow or in 2 days. Depends." she answered with a smile.

"On what?" he asked with a frown.

"On your behaviour."

"Oh, 'K."

With that they went to dinner, cause Jack was starving. After dinner they talked a litlle and said goodnight and went home or to the infirmary in Jack's case.

***********

It was around 3 a.m. Jack couldn't sleep at all. He just kept rolling from one to another side. Suddenly he started shaking and his muscles began to quiver strongly. And then there was a scream. A loud, echoing scream of pain, hurt and much more. No one was in the infirmary to help at the moment. There were more screams and it started. The blood. Flowing from his hands, legs, chest, feet. A large yellow beam came from his mouth. And for a minute everything was quiet. And then the beam hit the wall of the infirmary. The sound that came out, was the most horryfiyng thing any thing could imagine. It was pain, torture, death, and all the horrible things that can happen to a person. And it was all Jack's. It just kept on going through the night and the morning. Of course the staff noticed, but they didn't know what to do. Painkillers didn't help and that's all they had. As soon as Sam heard the horrible news, she first went to her lab. She needed to focus. *Oh, who am I kidding* she thought as she started crying. Why Jack? The man she loved, was in love with. She decided to go to the infirmary to see just how bad it is. She met Daniel and Teal'c halfway and they have both given her their complete comfort for this situation. Of course them both were in pain too, but not as nearly as Sam. She saw Jack. It was bad, real bad. The blood stopped flowing but he was still all red. Sam started to cry again and Daniel hugged her.

"I'm so sorry Sam" said Janet, Teal'c and Daniel.

"I know you're doing all you can, but it's just so hard." They knew. They felt the same. If Jack would die everything would change. New CO, no more Jack to provide his safety and experience in the field or the comfort he could provide as a friend, if needed. Then there was a flash and a strange looking being beamed into the infirmary. When Daniel and Teal'c turned around they both gasped sharply.

"What's wrong?" asked Sam and Janet.

"That's an Ancient." said Teal'c and Daniel in unison. Janet's and Sam's eyes widened at that statement.

"What is your purpose here?" Teal'c asked bravely.

"I am here for The Ancient One." said the hovering Ancient.

"Who's The Ancient One?" Sam asked, surprised. The Ancient pointed to Jack at that question.

"Jack? Wait, what do you mean by The Ancient One?" asked Daniel confused as well.

"The Ancient One is our leader. The mightiest powers and capabilities of all."

"That's impossible. Jack can't be The Ancient One. You exist for more than 5000 years and he for about 50 years." said Sam.

"Now I must take him with me. The Ancient One belongs with us." the Ancient said with a demanding voice.

"NO, you won't take him, I'll never allow you" shouted Sam histerically and started to cry again. And then Jack winced slightly. He opened his eyes and saw Sam crying and houting at someone. He looked up and saw an Ancient. He knew who he was, somehow, he knew.

"Warnil, I'm not coming with you. I can't leave." he said weakly. They all looked towards him, surprised he was awake.

"But, my master, you must come." Warnil said shocked.

"No, I won't do that. I'll do something else." He took some blood with his finger and raised it to Warnil.

"Take this. Make a copy.Go." Jack said determined.

"May I know the reason of your stay here?" asked Warnil curiously.

"Yeah. I'm not looking for power or dominaton. I have something better. At least I hope I can have it. It's Sam. I love her and I'll never leave her. And it's worth it." said Jack. At his statement Sam ran towards him for a hug. Warnil was gone with an understanding nod, the blood was gone and Jack was fine. He embraced Sam and held her like that.

"Sam, I do love you, more than anything else in existence. I would very much like to show you that. So, I guess my question is would you marry me, Samantha Carter?" Sam just give him that smile that's reserved for only him.

"I love you too Jack, I love you so much. And yes I will marry you." He grinned back and kissed her slowly and deeply. Janet, Teal'c, Daniel and would you look at that General Hammond who joined were all clapping and hugging each other happy for their friends.

"General Hammond?" they asked, with pleading eyes.

"Yes?Oh, the approval. They have mine. We'll see for Jacob, Jack."

"Oh crap."

TE