samandjack.net

Story Notes: Song is Everything's Gonna Be All Right by Sweetbox and yeah I
know it doesn't completely fit... but hey if you don't know what the song's
really about can't you find my meaning in it? Yes this is depressing... they'll
get better from now on I swear! *Song*


Title: Everything's Gonna Be All Right

Author: Kelly Mullins

E-Mail: Kelly.Mullins@verizon.net

Web: http://www.geocities.com/musicgrl72/kellyf.html

Rating: PG13

Spoilers: Small Victories, 5th Race, Thor's Chariot

Sequel: This is the Sequel to 'What Do I Have to Do?', 'Put Your Arms Around
Me', 'I Want You', 'Sweetest Day', 'Fear', 'Nice', 'Walk On', and 'Be A Man'

Summary: Something went wrong, but what happened?

Keywords: S/J Romance... angst... song fic... Jack's POV

Disclaimer: I can promise you I don't own SG-1 or anything by Sweetbox

Authors Notes: Song is Everything's Gonna Be All Right by Sweetbox and yeah I
know it doesn't completely fit... but hey if you don't know what the song's
really about can't you find my meaning in it? Yes this is depressing... they'll
get better from now on I swear! *Song*

Thank You: Anyone who sent feedback

Dedication: To the SDR spies- We're SJers, discussing SJ things on an SJ list.
Who's the REAL idiot?

Everything's Gonna Be All Right

By. Kelly Mullins

*Who ever thought the sun will come crashing down
My life in flames
My tears complete the pain
We fear the end, the dark as deep as river bed*


To me it's hard to see how I've lived though the last five weeks. Lying to Sam, seeing her hurt, is the hardest thing I've ever done, but there really are things more important than our happiness. We now have the entire fate of not only Earth but of all the Asgard too. You know it must be pretty bad when the 'youngest' world in the universe is given command of the Asgard fleet.

*My book of life incomplete without you here
Alone I sit and reminisce sometimes

I miss your touch, Your kiss, your smile
And meanwhile you know I never cry
'Cause deep down inside you know our love will never ever die*

I miss Sam every night, and everyday, it was hard going in to work and seeing Lydia for those two weeks before we were 'officially' recalled, to know that I was using her, and even worse using her to break Sam's heart... but there was really no other way. Sam wants answers now that I can't give, answers to questions I don't even know my self.

> Those three words turned my world upside down, as did the rest of Daniel's story.



*Everything's gonna be all right
Everything's gonna be OK
Everything's gonna be all right
Together we can take this one day at a time
Can you take my breath away?
Can you give him life today?
Is everything gonna be OK?*

And so the plan came out... the plan that it seemed the entire SGC and Pentagon had all come up with, I don't know why they went to all the trouble when it probably would have been easier to get some white-out and change the regulations. Somehow they got me to go stupidly along with it, all in the name of saving the planet... again.


*I'll be your strength
I'll be here when you wake up
Take your time
And I'll be here when you wake up
I never thought my heart will miss a single beat
Caress your hand as I watch you while you sleep
So smooth*

I'd do anything to go back to how things were, I think this time I may have hurt Sam worse than I ever have before and I'm not sure she'll let me make it up to her. So right now all I can do is just be there... keep her and 'the Carter' safe from the Replicators and the Goa'uld and any other bad-ass enemies the Asgard may have.


*I weep as I search within
To find a cure to bring you back again
And the sun will rise
Open up your eyes
Surprised just a blink Of an eye
I try, I try to be positive
You're a fighter so fight
Wake up and live*

I've thought about ways to get us out of this, some magical way to take out the Goa'uld and the Replicators at once... like putting them all on one ship and letting them battle it out, but there's nothing conceivable I can come up with. We're currently trying to forge an alliance with the Furlings and then head out in search of the Ancients. The 'Thor' is equipped with one of those cool de-Goa'ulders but even those just transport the Goa'uld half way across the galaxy only succeeding in pissing them off even more. What I would really like more than anything is to just have one of those Superman moments with Sam, when Superman takes Lois Lane up into space and it's all silent and there's just nothing there but the two of them, of course we'd both be dead if we were just hanging out in space... but it's just the thought of there not being another care in the world at that moment that's so appealing.


*Everything's gonna be all right
Everything's gonna be OK
Everything's gonna be all right
Together we can take this one day at a time
Can you take my breath away?
Can you give him life today?
Is everything gonna be OK?*

If Thor were still alive we would still be at home enjoying our normalcy, and letting everyone else fight for Earth's freedom. It's hard most days to just talk to Carter about where we're taking the Asgard fleet through those little hologram thingies, I usually have to pass the info on to Daniel or Teal'c and then have them report to Sam. I like that we have our own ships to keep us away from each other because I know that if I had to spend more than one night anywhere near her every three weeks or so I know I'd give myself away and she'd know that there never was anything with Lydia and that I'm going back on everything that we decided when we left the SGC.


*Everything's gonna be all right
I'd give my life to only see you breathe again
Hand in hand as we walk on the white sands
To hear your voice
Rejoice as you rise and say
This is the day that I wake pray OK
Today's silence as time just moves on*

Thankfully morning comes and we know we get to go back to our own ships, the Furlings never arrived and our hopes have been dashed... we were told that this was where we'd find them, well actually they'd find us, if we waited around long enough. Teal'c's ship 'beams' him up first, followed by 'the Jackson' wanting Daniel ASAP, which leaves me and Carter, the two highest ranking officials of the Asgard fleet, way more powerful than the USAF by the way, standing around waiting for our ships to get around to noticing it's time for us to come home.


*You can't hear it though
But I'm playing my favourite songs
I miss you much
I wish you'd come back to me
You see I waited lifetime
'Cause you're my destiny
Everything's gonna be all right
Everything's gonna be OK
Everything's gonna be all right
Together we can take this one day at a time*


I was allowed one year of heaven with Carter, maybe that's all I'm allowed to have, of course I don't like to think of it that way, but I have enough memories of that time when we were together to keep myself comfortable late at night when I'm able to imagine we're still together and she's by my side.

"More searching 'eh?" I ask oddly as we just stand around not looking at one another.

"Yes Sir."

"We'll find them soon, either that or we'll just head out in search of the Ancients with out them."

"Three weeks, three months, three years." She states. "When will we give up? We're not going to have anything left to go home to, everyone will have given us up." She looks at me with hurt in her eyes... ah Lydia again."

"There's nothing at home I need, it's all right here. It's always been right here." I say before kissing her like I did in the old days, before I was forced into this lie and wild goose chase. "We'll never give up our search, and when we find someone to save us we'll go home and retire again and be unspoken heroes." I kiss her again and this time she responds by wrapping her arms around me. I never want to let her go, but war calls, as do our ships, and our duty to our planet and all those depending on us comes first.

END!!