samandjack.net

Story Notes: SPOILERS: none

SEASON: hmm... S3ish, but really any time before Upgrades/D&C

FEEDBACK: accepted with pleasure

DISCLAIMER: Jack belongs to Sam and Sam belongs to Jack. Everyone else is up for grabs. Don't we wish? But in the real world, Stargate SG-1 and its characters belong to MGM, Gekko Film Corp and Double Secret Productions. This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money exchanged hands. No copyright or trademark infringement was intended. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is a result of essay procrastination. Basically I had this idea for a scene in my head but couldn't fit it into a whole fic, so I squished it down into 100 words and made it a drabble. Not quite what I had in mind, but close enough for my poor overworked brain.


They'd been in the middle of a briefing when he realized he was in love with Carter.

He'd been leaning back in his chair, playing with a pencil and only half-listening to her prattle on about something or other when he'd glanced up, seeing her wide eyes and excited grin, and all of a sudden just *knew* that he loved her, and had for a while.

He'd choked, gaining everyone's attention and leaving him scrambling for an explanation.

And then he'd slouched back down into his chair and spent the rest of the briefing pretending not to stare at her.

--end--