samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-Mail: ngeldenhuys@wol.co.za

Warnings: My version of how the last scene of the last episode of Season 8 can end

Spoilers: Season 8 - Moebius

Category: Drama

Archive: SJD Yes, all the others just ask me first please

Summary: Possible scene for the last episode of Season 8

Author's Note: The other day this idea of how Stargate (Season 8) can end suddenly crept up on me. I think that maybe something like this scene will be able to please both the shippers and non-shippers equally.


They knew it was over.

Timelines had been altered and destinies changed and now it was slowly getting to the end.

Neither of them said anything; the time for any discussion had long since passed. It was now only the anguish waiting for the end to arrive.

He was standing next to her, staring into the horizon that was slowly dissipating to make a place for whatever new reality would embrace them next.

Without looking in her direction he allowed his hand to reach out slowly, one of his fingers started caressing the softness of the skin on her open, available palm.

She turned her head sideways to stare at him from the corner of her eye and murmured softly, "Do…do you think we will know each other when all of this is over?"

He nodded, a sad smile tugging at the corner of his lips, "Sure. There's no stopping that."

A light started forming all around them, slowly intensifying in severity, but at the same time also emphasising the look of a thousand emotions that passed from man to woman and back.

The light finally became a brilliant whiteness, blanketing everything in sight and when it finally started fading away it was to reveal the interior surroundings of a school.

"Oh for crying out loud. Dad can you please hurry up so that we can get this torture over and done with."

A boy of around fourteen years old was walking a few feet in front of his father, urging him to stop staring at the dullness around them and to increase the pace of his walking.

Sighing the grey-haired man replied, "Yes Charlie I'm coming."

And suddenly they were at the open door leading into a classroom.

Charlie turned to his father, impatience forming across his face, "She's over there dad, my science teacher you demanded to see in order to discuss my so-called bad marks."

The man turned his eyes in the direction that his son was indicating and could feel a sense of déjà vu forming at the corner of his mind although he was, at the same time, quite sure he had never met this woman in his life.

The woman noticed the presence of the father and child, smiled and walked over in their direction with a hand stretched out.

"Hi there, my name is Samantha Carter. I'm Charlie's Science teacher," she introduced herself.

The man suddenly felt nervous and excited at the same time, there was something about this woman in front of him that had awaken feelings he had tried to bury ever since his bitter divorce with Sarah.

"Uh…yeah…hi," he nearly stuttered and extended his hand to return the greeting. "I'm Colonel Jack O'Neill…oh and that's with two l's."

TE