samandjack.net

Story Notes: Category; Angst

Archive; Sam and jack, heliopolis, fanfiction.net, Jack and Sam's pad anyone else, ask first.

Spoilers; Affinity

Email; saraandsamrule@hotmail.com

Feedback;. what keeps me writing.


If he could describe the way he feels when he sees her, he'd be a poet.

If he could make others see the incandescent beauty he sees beneath her looks, he'd be an artist.

If he could recreate the sound of her voice when she calls him, he'd be a musician.

If he could describe the way her touch tingles through his body, leaving him thrilled yet calm, he'd be a writer.

If he could protect her from all that would harm her, he'd be her knight in shining armour.

If he could talk to her about the things she loves, he'd be a scientist.

If he could give her what she dreams of, sometimes, in the dark, out on a mission, when she doesn't know he is awake and watching her, he'd be a father.

If he could somehow be free from all his responsibilities and debts and obligations, he'd be her husband.

If only he had the courage to ask her, and the knowledge that she would say yes, he'd be her lover.

If only he lacked honour, and could dash aside the dream, and destroy the man she says he loves, he'd steal her back, and be her thief.

His life is full of 'if only's', and only one certainty.

He is Jack O'Neill and he loves Sam Carter.

If only she had said she loved him, in that little room, long ago, when he finally admitted the truth, then he wouldn't be standing here, loving her, losing her, to another man, holding the ring that'll take her away from him forever.

"I wouldn't be here"

If only.

THE END