samandjack.net

Story Notes: Series/Sequel Info: None

Season: Early, two.

Spoilers: None

Categories: Challenge response: "Challenge #1,837 (Added May 15, 2002) Very simple - Jack finds out that Sam still sleeps with a stuffed animal. It's up to you how he finds out, the circumstances etc. Humour is always good, as is Jack/Sam shippiness." This is a friendship fic only though!

Authors Note: Fancied writing but for the life of me couldn't find any plot bunnies! So went over to Heliopolis and found this one! Submitted by Vicki - little_miss_likes_to_fight@hotmail.com

Date: 2nd November, 2003


It's a bright and sunny Saturday morning on planet earth. Destination: Sam Carter residence. "Hey Carter! You up?" I holler as I enter the front hall. Now, you're probably wondering what the hell I'm doing wandering around my second in commands house. Well, the truth is, Sam Carter is actually ill. Yup, been laid up all week. Under protest of course. Given the lack of response, I'm assuming she's asleep. As I walk past I check the sofa. Nope, she must be upstairs. Dumping the bag of groceries, which include soup, on the kitchen top as I pass, I make my way slowly and quietly upstairs. As I tread along the landing I see her door is slightly ajar. Then I hear the steady, albeit loud breathing through her mouth, wafting its way out the door. I push it open slowly and stick my head inside. Smiling slowly I manoeuvre my whole body into her bedroom. She is facing away from me towards the window. Her whole body is covered by untidy sheets and her head has sunk deeply into the pillow. I quickly move to the other side of the room and pull the curtains closed as the sun moves around in the sky to face us. She stirs. "Morning Carter," I whisper gently. The first couple of encounters we had with her waking up to find me in her bedroom had been awkward, but now it was getting to be a normal occurrence. Daniel was off with SG6 and Teal'c was with SG8. So I got the Carter Challenge. "Morning sir," she mumbles, stretching her arms out causing the covers to fall down her body slightly. What I see puzzles me. "Carter?" "Yes sir?" "What is that bright green under your covers?" She blushes furiously before she's even looked to see what I'm talking about. "Nothing!" she replies hastily trying to shove the item back down under the covers. Fortunately for me it appears to be pretty big and I grab the revealed portion and give it a yank upwards before she can hide it again. She half squeals and half giggles as I stand there with the item. "Carter? What the hell." "It's Mike sir," she replies sheepishly. "Mike?" "Yes. Mike. The giant green alligator." I look at her perplexedly. She smiles. I smile. Mike and his big yellow eyes, and long green snout look up at me. I shake my head and toss him back at her on the bed. "Whatever turns you on, Carter," I say smugly, walking quickly from the room.

*

End!