samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: autumngirl300@hotmail.com

PAIRING: Sam/Jack!!

SUMMARY: Jack and his gift!

SPOILERS: None I can think of.

DISCLAIMER: MGM/Gekko/Double Secret own them. Not me!

AUTHOR'S NOTES: I needed to put an end to the previous story. By the number of emails I received, asking me what *was* Jack's gift! I just simply couldn't let it slip away like that. I *had* to think of something *g*

Feedbacks please!


Jack was sitting behind his desk, papers resting on his right, untouched.

He was on vacation.

He shouldn't be here.

For some reason, his brain and body hadn't been connected to each other for the last few days.

His mind was elsewhere...

Yup.

Still on that kiss.

Darn it!

Janet's party happened two days ago. A day Jack looked forward to at the time.

Forward to see Sam again...

*And* to receive his gift.

Unfortunately, things didn't go as well as planned. It all started when Sam received a call from General Hammond. Something happened to her dad, nothing life threatening, but enough to take Sam away from him on Christmas day.

Resulting him *not* getting his Christmas gift.

*And* having to wait for it *again*

First the gift.

Now the kiss.

Could Jack get anymore tortured?

Yup, that kiss had been great. Who was he kidding? It had been fantastic! It just felt so right no matter how wrong it was. And the flushed yet smiling look Sam had given him afterward.

Priceless.

Now here was something else to add to his frustration list: Wait a full year to kiss Sam Carter again.

Jack leaned back in his chair and glanced to his watch.

Sam was due back today.

In an hour.

5 Minutes.

20 Seconds.

Not that he was calculating or anything.

He decided to leave the base and head on home, feeling tired sitting here and staring at the walls surrounding him... thinking of this kiss... and the gift... and the kiss... and the gift...

Jack groaned and pushed himself to his feet. Grabbing his leather jacket resting on his chair, he pulled it on and walked out of his office.

The ride back home was far better than the previous two nights. Another major snowstorm had hit Colorado Springs, making it impossible for anyone venturing in the streets. Jack had been dumb enough to try, but failed miserably after turning the second street corner from his house. He had to walk back home, thank God it hadn't been a long walk, but long enough for his legs to freeze.

Stopping his car in front of his house, his shovel ironically waited for him beside his front door. His parking lot alone looked like Mount Everest. Where on Earth would he find the strength to shovel all this? He had no idea where Jonas and Teal'c were. Actually, he hadn't seen either of them since Janet's party. He remembered seeing Jonas having a couple of beers but that to knock him down for two days?

Probably so.

Jack sighed.

He had some shovelling to do.

Joy.

He could hardly contain his excitement.

Stepping out of his truck, he made his way to the shovel and on with the fun. A little more than an hour later, when his feet had gone numb and his hands beyond red, he lifted his head to see what work he accomplished.

3/4 of his parking was done.

"Damn" he whispered, throwing his shovel on the ground with frustration. Every muscles in his body hurt. Every movement he was making made him wince.

He needed coffee.

Hot.

Warm.

Delicious.

BAM!

Jack landed on the pile of snow behind him, not even knowing what hit him. Feeling the cold ice slipping down his face, he pulled off the rest of the snow that was covering his eyes.

"For crying out loud!" he mumbled, pushing himself to his feet again and taking off the snow stuck on his pants.

"Are you alright, sir?" a familiar voice asked on the edge of giggling. Jack's head snapped up and saw a smiling Sam making her way through the snow to him.

She was here.

Here!

*Here!!!*

"Been better, Carter"

"Sorry about that" Sam blushed, wiping some snow from his coat. Jack's eyes fell on her lips, wishing there'd be a dung-on-a-twig above them right now!!

No matter how weird that last thought sounded.

Sam cleared her throat and took a step back, her hands holding an envelop Jack so wished it had something to do with his gift.

"I came back home a little early than expected" she started, looking at the envelop she was holding then back to him, "And after hearing all my 28 messages from a certain Colonel pleading to know his gift, I thought it'd be better if I come over now and give it to you before stopping by my house"

Excellent choice!!

"Well, thank you, major. I was starting to get impatient" Jack led her inside his house, his eyes staring at the envelop along the way.

"Of course you were" she smiled.

"Drink?"

"No thanks"

"How's dad?"

"Well and kicking butts"

"Good to hear" Jack laughed and they sat down on his couch.

They stayed silent for a little while. Jack's eyes went from Sam to the envelop.

Sam. Envelop.

Lips. Envelop.

Kiss. gift.

Argh!

Will he ever be able to live that down? He couldn't look at her without his mind rushing back to the kiss they shared.

Blame Jonas!

Blame Jonas!

Sam made her way to sit next to Jack, taking him by surprise. She smiled shyly and gave him the envelop.

"I know you've been waiting for my gift for God knows how long. I'll end the torture here and give it to you right now" she grinned.

Jack eagerly took the envelop and looked at her one more time before opening it. A nice little card laid inside.

A card.

Nice, but still a card.

Was that it??

"Oh, and since I couldn't give it to you on Christmas day, the gift just couldn't work anymore"

He paled.

No gift??

"why not?"

"It was tickets to visit an astronomy centre. But the event expired yesterday"

Jack paled some more.

No!

How perfect would that have been? He never went to an astronomy centre before. He loved astronomy!

Damn!

Damn!

Damn!

No gift!

Tortured for nothing!

*And* getting hit by a snowball??

She deserved a glare.

Sam laughed and smiled, "But I thought of another present"

Ah?

"Come on, Carter! Stop with the talking and give me my present!" he whined.

"I'll be regretting this" she mumbled.

"Regretting what?"

"I accept" she finally announced.

Jack frowned.

Accepted what?

Had he proposed to her? Not that would be a bad idea....

"Accepted what?"

"To go on a death trip with you, also known as fishing trip by Teal'c" she joked.

Jack pinched himself.

"Repeat that, please?"

Sam grinned, "Don't make me, Colonel!"

"Please?"

"No"

"It's a lifetime even, Carter! You have to!"

"I won't"

"Yes!"

"Do you accept the gift or not"

"What kind of question is *that*?"

"Just checking"

"You check things far too often!"

"I know"

"No expiration dates on this one?"

"Unfortunately not" Sam mumbled.

"Super!" he beamed, his arm encircling her shoulders "Land of sky- blue waters, sitting on a dock with your feet perched up, sippin' a cold one. Ahhh the natural beauty of Northern Minnesota..."

==========
The End :)
==========



End Notes: Short, I know!! Hope you enjoyed anyways :) Feedbacks please 8)