samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers: Nothing specific

Status: Complete

A/N: This is my first EVER Stargate SG-1 fanfic. Well actually I am in the process of writing another one, that I started before this, but this is the first complete one! Sorry, rambling. I hope it's okay. I would love to know what you think.


He watches her. She doesn't know he's watching. She never knows.

She looks happy. Daniel just said something funny, and she's laughing. It's good to see her laugh.

Watching her like this isn't good for him. But he likes to do it. He's not allowed to be the one who makes her happy. But they can't stop him watching out for her.

Laughter brings out her beauty. It's always there, but sometimes it seems she wants to hide it. As if, somehow, it would be easier in a predominantly male workplace if she wasn't beautiful. She can't hide it though. And all her walls are down when she laughs.

His heart aches every time he does this. He wants to be the one who makes her laugh. He wants to make her smile. He wants to be there if she's sad. And hold her if she cries. He wants to love her like she deserves to be loved.

His face must have changed to reflect the longing he is feeling, as Daniel indicates towards him, and she turns to face him, her laughter and smile replaced with concern.

"Are you okay, Sir?" she asks.

He nods and gestures for her to return to her conversation. She hesitates for a second, frowning as she tries to figure out what's wrong.

"I'm fine, Carter," he assures her, lying.

She offers him a look that tells him she's there if he needs to talk, which he acknowledges with an appreciative nod. Then she smiles and waits for him to smile back before she turns back to her discussion with Daniel and Teal'c.

And he continues to watch her. And though she's always there beside him, he misses her more each day.

THE END

© csiAngel 2004