samandjack.net



"Damn it!" Colonel Jack O'Neill, USAF, was not a happy camper.

He was seated in front of the computer in Jonas Quinn's office – formerly that of Dr Daniel Jackson, before he decided to become a glow baby and ascend – attempting to download the four new episodes he'd missed during his time in Antarctica with the Ancient frozen chick and being tortured by Ba'al.

The only problem was, unlike his own computer – or rather, the one in Carter's lab – Jonas' didn't have a high-speed internet connection. He had attempted to use Carter's but found her writing up yet another report and short of ordering her to disobey protocol, there was no way that she was moving.

He hit the monitor and it shook violently on its stand. Forty two hours to download a twenty four minute long programme: he was definitely not a happy camper.

Not only that, but he couldn't even find the second or third episodes and he'd be damned if he was watching them out of order.

"Goddammit!" He hit the monitor again and settled down for the long wait and hoped that Jonas suddenly upgraded his connection.

His legs were raised half-way into the air ready to prop onto Jonas' table (which was littered with, probably, priceless and intriguing artefacts) when a voice from the doorway intruded on him. His legs fell to the floor and his swivel chair rocked with the force and he had to reach out to the end of the worktop in order to stop from falling on his butt.

"Sir," the voice said.

"What do you want Carter?" He barked and looked to the figure standing in the doorway.

She walked into the room and smiled slightly at him, her eyes shining with something.

"I'm still not talking to you, Carter," he announced and turned away from her, huffily folding his arms.

"Why not?" He could hear the frown in her voice along with her amusement.

He turned back to her and half glared.

"First, you forget to remind me to set my VCR to record The Simpson's, secondly you forget to record The Simpson's for me while I was AWOL and thirdly, you won't let me use your computer to rectify what you did wrong!" His voice was 100% fierce – it would have scared the hell out of anyone who wasn't on SG-1 but it did not work on Sam.

She stepped closer to him, so much so that her abdomen was touching his shoulder and waved a disc in front of his face.

He'd missed her while he was… gone.

"You won't be wanting this then?" She queried.

He eyes both Sam and the disc suspiciously.

"What is it?" He asked slowly and reached out to take the disc form her, frowning up at her – any excuse just to look at her face.

"I took pity on you and downloaded The Simpson's for you," she told him with a smile.

He lunged the last few centimetres and grabbed the disc, making sure his hand made contact with hers.

"Carter, I love you!" He almost shouted. "Switch off the lights and lock the door as you go out."

He was already inserting The Simpson's into the drive and practically bouncing in his seat with anticipation. He missed the enigmatic eye-roll from Carter and was only aware that the lights went out and that the door closed, not that Sam had taken up residence on the chair at the other side of the desk.

She'd missed him too.



Feedback would be hugely appreciated.