samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: scc@ifrom.com.au


Jack O'Neill was just stepping out of his office when he collided with a body. A blond haired beauty bent down and picked up her stuff. "Sorry." She mumbled hastily as she picked up her papers. Jack smiled as he recognized Carter's flushed face.

"No harm done stranger." He grinned as her head shot up. She grinned and picked up the last of her stuff. He noticed that her eyes where hazy and the bags under eyes were red. "Have you been pulling another all nighter?" He asked, his voice betraying a slight touch of worry.

She smiled, the smile that told him she was fine. "Yeah, I guess I got caught up with all this work I had left from our last mission." She looked at the coffee mug in hand. "You too huh?"

Jack grinned. "Ahh you know me to well." He said gesturing her to follow him down the hallway. "I kinda put off a report until the last minute." He said trying to stifle a yawn. "That'll teach me to shout you guys to a hockey game the day before a debriefing."

Sam laughed. "I do recall that I offered to pay, but you and your chivalry." She said playfully poking him in the ribs. Jack laughed wholeheartedly. This was nice, he thought to himself. Just talking and chatting like good friends. It hadn't been that way the last 2 weeks after that whole alternate reality thing.

"Ahh yes. I'm such a caring gentleman, I often lay awake at night thinking of the good deeds I can do the next day." This elicited a full out burst of laughter from Carter and she almost dropped her book. Jack grabbed it in time and held out his other hand. "Do you want me to carry your books madam?" He said gesturing to her other books.

"You don't fool me Jack O'Neill. I know you’re in it for something else." She said shaking her head and reaching for her book. "Can I have my book?" she said reaching for it as he raised it above her head. Jack laughed teasing her.

"This book?" He said turning it over. She made a grab for it and he raised it higher. "Are you sure? I mean what does a pretty lady like you want to bury her nose in this book for?" He leered as she practically climbed up his arm to reach it.

"Jack!" She called out. "Give me the book or you'll lose a certain body part." She growled reaching for it again. Jack danced around with it in hand, and whipped it past her head to tease her with it. "Give it!" She replied shoving him hard against the wall.

Jack smiled and pulled the book higher up as she climbed up his arm. He laughed as she grunted and used his leg to push up to reach it. "Are you sure you really want it?" He teased, oblivious to Teal'c around the corner watching them amused.

"Jack! Give it to me. Now!" She yelled.

Daniel stopped behind Teal'c and peered around at what he was looking at. He smiled as he watched Jack tease Sam with one of her books. She jumped about trying to grab it from him. Finally she climbed up his bent knee and scrambled up his body to get the book. She grabbed it with glee, only falling as soon as he straightened his knee. As she fell she gripped onto him and pulled him toppling down over her.

"Awe get off me!" Jack growled as she tried to untangle herself. "Okay, okay. I'll give you the book." He said handing it to her. She rolled off him and looked up to see General Hammond, Teal'c and Daniel all standing there with huge smiles. Both of them jumped to their feet and saluted.

"General Hammond! Sir!" They both chorused.

Hammond just smiled. "SG-1, you’re needed in the gate room, we have a guest for you." Both Jack and Sam stood unsure before Sam scooped up her things. "Oh and you two?" Hammond said as he turned to leave. "Try to find a room next time." He said firmly and walked away, hiding a grin from them.

Sam looked at Jack mortified. Both stood red faced, embarrassed that their CO had seen their little fight. Jack picked up his coffee mug and pushed past his smiling friends. "What are you lookin' at?" He said. Daniel covered his mouth and looked away hiding his laugh with a cough.

Sam frowned at Daniel and followed silently after Jack. Teal'c pulled Daniel along to follow and they went to the briefing room..........



*^*^*^^*



Jack walked into the debriefing room and did a double take as a teenager sat looking bored in the General’s seat at the head of the table. The girl looked at him, "Hey Dad, what's up? Where's Mom?" She asked. Jack looked over his shoulder as if she was talking to someone else.

Sam entered the room and took a seat next to Jack. The girl turned to her. "Oh never mind." She said to Jack. "Hey Mom! Oh you should have seen what uncle Martouf showed me today! It was awesome, I got to see a Tok'ra ceremony!" The girl stopped when she looked at Sam's shirt. "Mom where's your General badge? Why is Uncle George wearing it?" She asked motioning to General Hammond.

"Mom?" Sam repeated surprised at this child before her. The girl was about 16, light brown hair with dark blue eyes. Her face was familiar but she couldn't pick where from. The girl slapped her forehead.

"Oh please, not again. This is the third time Uncle Danny has done this to me this week!" Daniel looked up from his seat confused. Teal'c also raised his eyes brows, looking curiously at the girl before them.

"Uncle Martouf?" Jack asked.

The girl raised her hands. " Dad, I know how much you hate him, but please, he's not a bad guy." She sighed again and suddenly looked shocked. She looked from Sam to Jack. "Oh I get it. Ok. Umm, obviously I’m in the wrong universe, just point me to your mirror and I’m outty." She stood up.

Jack stood up. "Now hang on a second. First of all you call me dad, then you call Major Carter Mom, now your telling me you’re in the wrong universe?" He looked at her hard but she met him with the same hard eyes.

"Yes."

"Are you telling us you’re from an alternate reality?" Sam asked as they both sat down. "That you have a mirror of your own that you use?"

"You think?"

Everybody froze as the girl and Jack muttered it at the exact same time. Both of them looked up at each other. "Hey!" They said at the same time. Sam smiled despite herself.

Jack looked at the girl, wondering why yet another female was using his line." And you are?"

The girl smiled. "Christine O'Neill, daughter of General Samantha O'Neill and Colonel Jack O’Neill. Member of SG-1, consisting of Uncle Teal'c, Uncle Dr. Daniel Jackson, Cassandra Fraiser and myself."

Everyone sat back. Sam and Jack looked at each other questioningly before shifting their gaze to the girl before them. The girl smiled, "Let me guess, I don't exist in this reality and neither do my younger twin brothers, Jacob and Sean?"

Jack's eyebrows went even further up, if that was possible. The girl cried out frustrated. "For crying out loud can I please get one reality that doesn’t have speechless people?" Jack looked up again. She took a deep breath. "So I’m not here, neither are my brothers. But you guys are married right?" She asked hopefully.

Both Jack and Sam shook their heads. "Engaged?" She said hopefully. They shook their heads again, avoiding the looks from the rest of the table. "What are you guys monks in this universe?" She shook her head and sighed. "Oh just peachy. I'm gonna be here awhile."

Daniel looked up. "So you've experienced this kind of thing before?" He asked. The girl smiled.

"Finally, Uncle Danny speaks!" She said smiling. "Yeah, you, well, *my* Uncle Danny sends me through them all the time, he thinks it'll broaden my horizon. Huh! I only end up more confused and I think he does it so he can make Dad earn some more gray hairs when he has to come and get me."

Finally General Hammond spoke up for the first time. "So your saying that in your reality, Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill are married and you are one of the three children that are theirs." He looked at both of them. "And that you are a part of SG-1 with Cassandra Fraiser."

She nodded her head. "Yep, And sorry for you, but Mum's the General and your a Major." She looked at all of them in surprise. "Have you never met an alternate version of me?" She asked.

"No." Sam said. "But we did meet an alternate version of me, who was a Doctor." She looked over to Daniel, "And Daniel went through once, but he didn't see the same differences as you described." She looked at her curiously. "How is it that you manage to come here without the mirror. We destroyed ours." She looked at the General. "And if you came through the gate there must have been some time inverium that..."

"Uh!" The girl screamed stopping her. "Don't talk science with me. In one ear and out the other. OK?" Everyone looked at Jack with a look of 'I’ve heard that before'. Jack shrugged honestly. "We set up the mirror on some system, I don't know Mom figured it out," She glanced at Sam and smiled "And it's connected to the gate so you can travel through the gate normally and end up in another world." She sighed and looked at her watch. "Since you don't have your mirror, I’d say dad will be through in three hours."

Teal'c raised his eyebrows. This was very unlike this base. The team seemed to just accept it and the teenager had run the meeting with out blinking an eyelid. He on the other hand found this disturbing and yet he was amused that she was the daughter of his two friends. It was easy to believe what the girl was saying because of her likeness to Jack, but something inside him told him it didn't set right.

"How is it that you are on missions so young?" He said quietly. The girl looked up and smiled. She loved Teal'c. He was her favorite. He was big and strong, yet cuddly like a teddy bear.

"Oh that's easy. I was born off world and we were attacked by Hathor that slu-" she was cut short when Jack gave her a clear look. "Slug and mum shot her in the stomach. Dad panicked and dialed up the Asgard asking them to help him." He watched as Jack glanced quickly at Sam and then back. "Gotta love those guys, and anyway I was on the verge of dying and they healed Mom and told Dad that the best way to save me was to add some of their DNA to me." She lifted the back of her long brown hair and showed them the silver skin on her back and sat back down. "Dad agreed and as a result I got a higher level of understanding for the gate I also managed to age faster, but I stopped growing at 12."She frowned and shrugged. "I obviously couldn’t get shifted off to school, because I knew everything about the gate and it's history. So I got to join." She smiled and motioned to Sam. "And it kinda helps when you’re the Generals daughter."

Jack found himself grinning. He stared dazed at the girl before him. She held Sam's eyes, her face, yet she had his nose and hair. He thought of what the twins must look like. "What about your brothers, are they Asgard too?" He asked.

"Nah." She replied waving her hand. "They just got Mom's brains for science. They figured if I was going to be apart of it they could too. But they will probably end up in the labs, helping Mom." She smiled satisfactory. "Any other questions?"

Sam just studied the girl. She couldn't believe it. Three out of three worlds that they knew of, her and Jack were together. Was someone trying to tell her something? The girl noticed her look and gave her a smile. Suddenly Sam heard a voice in her head. "Maybe I was wrong. Maybe there's hope for you two yet." Sam jumped back, staring at the girl.

"You’re telepathic too?" She asked confused. The girl just smiled and winked at her. "Do you have anything else different?" She asked feeling slightly worried that the girl had heard her thoughts.

"Nah. That's it!" Suddenly everyone looked up as the gate activated. They all sprung from their seats to the gate room. The 7th chevron locked and the gate opened. Jack did a double take as he watched himself walk through the gate.

"Daddy!" The girl screamed and broke through running to her dad and hugging him. The AU Jack grabbed his daughter and swung her into a big hug. When he finally let go, he looked at her seriously.

"You’re grounded young lady." He said sternly. "Do you know how worried your mother and I were? I told you to stay away from Space Monkey's rocks didn't I?" The girl just pocked her tongue out and he gave her a light knuckle rub on her head. "What am I going to do with you?" He asked.

He looked up to see the group at the corner of the room watching them. "Now what have you been up too?" He asked. He slowly approached them with his arms raised. "I'm sorry for my now grounded daughter's behavior. If there is anything I can do to make up for it..." He left on and spotted Jack.

"Good to know I still look as handsome as ever in Alternate Realities." He quipped. Jack grinned at this AU Jack. Sam just groaned.

"And as childish as ever." She said. Both men grinned and looked sheepishly as ever.

"I guess we better get going. " The AU Jack said grabbing his daughter by the hand. "What do you say?" He said lecturing.

The girl sighed. "Thank you for putting up with me and I won’t mess with Space Monkeys rocks again without full permission from either my dad or mom. And Uncle Teal'c doesn’t count cause he's a push over." She grinned and AU Jack gave her a stern look. " Sorry." She said looking at the floor embarrassed.

"Thank you though, for looking after her." AU Jack said pulling his daughter up the ramp. "She's as bad as her mother. Always wondering off without telling anyone." He shook his head. "Anyway, sorry about this interruption." He waved and pushed his daughter into the gate, leaving the room in silence.

Everyone stood still not daring to move until Jack spoke up. "How 'bout that Knicks game huh?" Everyone smiled, accept Teal'c as usual and turned around shaking their heads. As soon as they were outside Jack turned to Sam.

"Guess four out of four ain’t bad." Jack said as soon as everyone had disappeared. Sam looked at him as he grinned.

"Four out of four but there's only......" She was cut off mid sentence as Jack backed her up against the wall and kissed her. She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck as he devoured her mouth. When they broke apart they where both gasping.

"Whatta ya say General?" Jack asked resting his forehead on hers. "Shall we go get dinner or go straight to desert?" He leered.

"Only if you bring your side arm." She quipped and ran down the hall way. She reached the corner and smiled at him. Jack grinned and ran after her. God bless alternate realities, Jack thought as he caught up to her.



'Nikki.