samandjack.net

Story Notes: Website: http://samandjackshouse.bravepages.com/

Series/Sequel Info: None

Season: Two

Spoilers: Need, maybe The First Commandment.

Content Warnings: None.

Archive Permissions: My site, Jackfic, Carterfic, Heliopolis, SJD yes. Anyone else please ask!

Authors Note: A little idea that just wouldn’t leave me! Damn my muse is a pain. Nothing for ages and then everything at once! Damn it!


I was scared.

For the first time since I’d met him…he made me afraid.

I never thought that Daniel could have done that to me.

It was all in his eyes…they were wild. Feral. And they reminded me of someone else that I used to know.

I haven’t moved from my seat near the door that Daniel walked out of a few minutes ago. My body refused to move, even though I was telling it that it had to. That it had to tell the General, the Colonel, anyone.

Seconds later someone’s shaking my fairly roughly by the shoulders.

‘No!’ I shout. I’m back two years ago and Jonas had just come home from the bar.

‘Carter!’ is the return shout.

My vision clears slightly and I see the familiar outlines of the Colonels face.

‘Colonel?’ I question far more quietly.

‘Yeah Carter, it’s me,’ he answers, and I can hear the relief in his voice that I seem to have come to my senses. He releases his grip on my shoulders and takes a step back.

‘What’s going on here?’

I struggle to try and sort out my thoughts…trying to make sense of what was going on. Was Daniel here? Or am I dreaming because Jonas has beaten me unconscious again?

‘Sir?’ I question once more.

He steps forward again and places a hand on my shoulder, squeezing gently.

‘Sam, it’s me. Where’s Daniel? What did he do?’

The touch of his hand seems to bring me back to the present. I shake my head slightly, screwing my eyes shut to try and block out the images flooding my mind of years before.

‘Daniel. He’s gone...somewhere. He said something about…. marrying her…argh, god…he’s gone insane sir. He said…. said I’d never known what love is. He’s right. Jonas was right…. I didn’t love him….”

My rant trails off as I lean my head against the Colonels chest.

I’m split. One half of me is here, and the other half has been knocked back to the past by Daniel’s words.

I feel a hand in my hair and another on my back, rubbing gently.

‘Its OK Sam…it’s OK,’ he soothes.

After a few minutes and quite a few forbidden tears the Colonel speaks again.

‘Carter, we’ve got to tell the General what’s going on. I need you to tell me what Daniel said.’

I take a deep breath and sit up straight in my chair. Looking him in the eye I tell him.

‘He determined to go back to the planet. He’s going to marry Shyla. We’ve got to stop him sir. He’s getting dangerous.’

‘OK. Lets go see Hammond.’

I nod quickly and stand up. The distance between us is minimal because of his comforting proximity just moments ago.

‘You OK?’ he asks quietly.

‘I’m fine. Thank you.’

‘No problem.’

A pause overcomes us, but it’s not awkward. It’s comfortable, and in a strange and impossible way, almost familiar.

‘Lets go,’ he says breaking the intimate contact.

I follow him out of the door and down to the Generals office.

My only hope is that something can be done to save Daniel…before he turns into the shadow of a man I used to know.



End Notes: That’s it!! I’ve done it!! Finito!! Hope you’ve enjoyed it, and as always…………FEEDBACK me!!! J