samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers: None, you can assume this to be whenever you want.

Archive: Sam & Jack, Heliopolis, if anyone else wants it just let me know

Feedback: Will be rewarded with a non-fat tofutti rice dreamsicle and may motivate me to someday write something other than fluffy humor pieces. Please send to phantmchic@aol.com

Notes: This idea was prompted by a Sam & Jack list comment, and a mental overload of X-Files. I hearby apologize for my warped sense of humor and synaptic misfirings. Thanks to Meg for the quick beta.


Gate Room 08:00 hrs.



"SG-1, your mission to P2L-925 is being delayed due to hostile weather conditions in the vicinity of the Gate. You are on stand-by for the next 24 hours." General Hammond said over the speaker, as he looked down at SG-1 who stood in the Gate room, decked out in full mission gear.

"Great," Daniel said, as they left the Gate room and began removing their gear. "Now we can do some more work on those artifacts we brought back from P5X-511."

"Sounds like fun," Jack quipped, opening the door to the storage lockers for their gear.

"Well, Sir, we do need find out what wiped out that civilization 50 years ago." Sam replied, as she hung up her pack and removed her jacket.

"You three can go play with the rocks and gizmos, I'm going to catch up on some paperwork." Jack didn't sound particularly enthused about either prospect. He turned and walked away, ignoring Sam and Daniel's rolled eyes and Teal'c's raised eyebrow.



*****

Sam's Lab 12:00 hrs.



"Hey, campers, how's it going?" Jack asked as he walked into the lab and saw the three members of his team gathered around a machine on one of the tables.

"Hello, Sir. Daniel's trying to decipher the writing on this machine, before I start work to determine its purpose. We're hoping they're directions of some sort." Sam turned to face Jack. She noticed that for once he hadn't picked up anything to play with when he entered, instead he was turning a small white bag around in hands. "What's that, Sir?"

"Oh," Jack glanced down at his hands before tossing the bag to her. "I ran into Doc Frasier on the way here. She said to give it to you in case you hadn't eaten."

With a confused look Sam opened the bag and pulled out what looked like a wrapped ice cream bar. She grinned as she tossed the bag in the trash and began unwrapping the bar. "Yum, thank you, Janet."

"An ice cream bar? Very nutritious, Carter." Jack said, smiling as she began to eat it.

"It isn't ice cream. It's a non-fat tofutti rice dreamsicle." Sam replied.

"Yuck," Jack said in mock horror, unable to keep the smile off his face. "I bet the air in my mouth tastes better than that. We should go get some *real* ice cream."

Sam was barely able to refrain from sticking her tongue out at him, but she reminded herself that he was her CO and the military frowned on such behavior. "Colonel, we need to figure out what this is so we can determine that world's technological level."

"Sam, these poor soul's have been dead for fifty years. Let them rest in peace, let sleeping dogs lie." Jack couldn't resist egging her a little.

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today." Sam replied.

"I won't sit idly by as you hurl cliches at me. Preparation is the father of inspiration." Jack smiled. Daniel and Teal'c each looked at the two officers, then exchanged a quick glance and quietly slipped out to get some lunch, closing the lab door behind them.

"Necessity is the mother of invention," Sam answered around her ice cream, getting into the game. Neither had noticed their teammates leaving.

"The road of excellence leads to the palace of wisdom."

"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we may die."

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for non-fat tofutti rice dreamsicles." Jack lunged for Sam's ice cream, forcing her up against relatively piece of counter. They stood inches apart and he looked from the ice cream to her face. Their eyes caught and held. Slowly, Jack leaned in and kissed her. To both of their mild surprise, she kissed him back. He smiled as he pulled away. "You're right, that stuff does taste pretty good. But not as good as real ice cream."

"Maybe we should have ice cream more often." Sam gave him a mischievous smile.



*****

Feedback, please! I'll give you a cookie and a non-fat tofutti rice dreamsicle.