samandjack.net

Story Notes: Category: Epilogue for "Entity", vignette, S/J

Spoilers: Entity

Authors Note: Okay, this is really, really short! I just watched Entity, and came right in and wrote this. It hasn't been betaed, and it isn't my best. I have more fic that I want to write for Entity, but I knew that I had to get this down while it was fresh in my mind.

Feedback: I REALLY want to improve my writing, and I ask that you be brutal. Most aren't willing to say what they relly think, but that doesn't help me grow as an author! I BEG for your feedback!!!!


"I was shouting for you to hear." "We heard."

His relief was immense. After having been faced with having to shoot her, she was still alive! He raised a hand to touch her, then dropped it back to his side, opting instead to touch the bed lightly. It was as close as he would be able to get. He yearned to touch her, to assure himself that she was real, alive, but duty and honor would allow him only to drink her in with his eyes.

He had fought for her, for her right to live. He had fought for his own selfishness of wanting to see again the light in her eyes. To be able to see her special smile, reserved only for him. He may not be able to be with her in the way he would like, but they would step through the gate together again, fighting side by side. Maybe someday he would be able to explain to her how much he needed her, to be able to express his feelings for her, but for now, he knew that someday was a long way off. He gave her a small smile. "Nice to have you back, Carter." He surprised even himself by how calm he managed to keep his voice, which had earlier been so raw with emotion. She nodded in return. So much left unsaid, so much left undone; they exchanged a look, each trying desperately to reassure the other that their feelings hadn't changed; that they would come out all the stronger because of this experience. It was only a look, but it would have to be enough.