samandjack.net

Story Notes: Archive: SJD, Helio and my site yes. All others please ask first J

Spoilers: Emancipation

Set: Probably after 'Redemption' defiantly before 'Frozen'

Author's notes: Note entirely sure where this came from, but I'm inclined to blame Tere, Denise and FJ since I just re read yesterday's fic. scary. Thanks to Matti for beta-ing.


He really was trying not to stare. Really, he was, but given the looks he was getting from Jonas and Teal'c, he was pretty sure he wasn't doing a very good job of it.

Sighing, he fiddled with his vest and tried to figure out just what he'd done to deserve such bad karma lately. ok, so there may have been just a few too many 'incidents' to choose from.

Oh well, he guessed it really could have been worse. After all, it could have been him the natives had decided to play dress up with but as usual, that honour went to Carter, who seemed to be taking the whole thing surprisingly well, which had led to his current fear that this was going to be a re enactment of the mission to P3X-595.

"Sir!" Well, looked like he'd been spotted, but since he hadn't been staring at the time he wasn't really that bothered.

"Hey Carter. having fun?" He tried not to notice as she slid down onto the floor next to him, stretching her long and decidedly uncovered legs out in front of them.

"Yes sir. although, I think I'm gonna stay here for a bit."

Jack looked sideways at her and tried to suppress a fully fledged grin. "Not that I don't enjoy your company Carter, but wanna tell me why?" He gave up on trying not to grin as she glared at him.

"Well. *Sir*." she replied, putting a real emphasis on the word, that gave Jack the feeling he was gonna be in a hell of a lot of trouble later. "Have you seen the Chiefs son stumbl. walking around?"

Ahh ok, he could see where this was going. could be fun. "Found another admirer Carter?" She shot him a dirty look which only amused him further. "You know, I think you're taking over from Daniel. love interest on every planet."

Sam smacked him lightly on the arm as he chuckled, "Oh I think I've got a long way to go before I can claim that particular title sir."

It was strange he mused, as little as 4 months ago, he'd never have dreamed of sitting here teasing her about some native with a crush. He guessed that was one of the effects of Daniel's moving on, it had brought them all closer together.

Sighing, he hauled himself to his feet and reached down a hand, which she grasped lightly and let him pull her up, using her other hand to pull the sarong like creation down slightly in an attempt to cover herself.

"Hey Carter."

"Yes Sir?"

"Have you drunk any of the stuff they've offered you to drink tonight?"

"No Sir. Why?" She turned to look at him and tried to pretend she didn't know what he was hinting at.

"Well.wouldn't want you to perform a little strip show or anything, would we Carter?"

"Oh I don't know sir; I seem to remember you 'enjoyed' yourself quite immensely last time."

He stared after her as she walked away swiftly and tried not to look too shocked... he'd just been completely and utterly *had* by Carter, positive that she'd had a comeback prepared since she'd first sat down. ahh well, he'd let her have her fun this time. payback was a bitch.

He whistled softly as he looked around and spotted the chief's son, an evil smile spreading across his lips. This was gonna do nothing for his karma, but hey, what was the point of being in command if you couldn't wind up your 2IC occasionally?

End