samandjack.net

Story Notes: Spoilers: Anything before Threshold is fair game.

Feedback: Please!!! The more responses I get, the faster I can write a new story! Flames will be used to roast marshmallows and make s'mores, but I'm trying to go on a diet, so please try and avoid sending them to me. And this is my first series, so be kind. My email is pfalcon41@yahoo.com


"So you're saying that one of the Tok'ra agents has reported that Apophis has Sam?" asked Daniel incredulously.

"Wait a second," added O'Neill. "Last time I checked, Apophis was dead. I mean, you were there, Jacob, you saw Apophis' ship smear onto that planet. With all the Replicators on board, there's no way he could have escaped!"

"I concur, Jacob Carter, there is no way Apophis survived," said Teal'c.

"Well," replied Jacob, "That's what we though too, until a couple of weeks ago. Our agents started reporting that they were hearing rumors that Apophis had returned. Then about two weeks ago, Apophis called his Jaffa from the other system Lords that had absorbed them into their ranks. We aren't exactly sure how he survived, but we hear it has something to do with the Asguard."

"The Asguard?" Janet repeated. "How do they have anything to do with this?"

"And why weren't the Tau'ri informed?" Jack asked. Damn Tok'ra, keeping us out of the loop again.

"Selmac and I were on a mission. We assumed you would have been told. Apparently we were wrong, but rest assured that we will talk to the High Council about them not feeding you information."

"You said you had a way to save Sam?" asked General Hammond.

"Yes, but we'll need some help, so I've requested the assistance of the-"



~ * 0 ~ * 0 ~ * 0 ~ * 0 ~ * 0 ~ * 0 FLASH~ * 0 ~ * 0 ~ * 0 ~ * 0 ~ * 0 ~ * 0 ~ * 0



"- Asguard." He finished as he stared around at what was clearly the inside of an Asguard ship.

"Thor! Buddy! Long time no see," shouted Jack. "We could really use your help."

"It is good to see you as well, O' Neill. It is now time for the Asguard to repay the Tau'ri, and especially Samantha Carter, for your assistance with the Replicators."

Omigod. Oh. My. God. This can't be happening, thought Samantha Carter. Apophis is dead. Or at least he should be. Why isn't he dead?

"Umm, Apophis, long time no see. If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you dead? I mean, you, a Goa'uld mother ship infested by Replicators, crashing into a planet. That ring any bells?"

"Ah, but I wasn't on the mothership when it exploded. I was transported off, saved, I believe, by friends of yours, the Asguard."

"What?!? The Asguard are enemies of the Goa'uld! They would never save one of its System Lords."

"That is what you have been led to believe, yes. But in fact they are our allies- and we are now ready to achieve our goal - the complete destruction of the Tau'ri!"

"No! I don't believe you!"

"I don't care what you believe, Major Carter. The point is, in 48 hours the Tau'ri homeworld will be destroyed by the Goa'uld, and the Asguard will help us do it!" He nodded to the Jaffa standing behind Carter, who clubbed her in the back of the head with his staff weapon, and dragged her back to her cell.

Because she was unconscious, Sam didn't hear him add, " Whether they want to or not."

"So, Thor, what can you tell us about what's going on, and how the Asguard are involved with Apophis being alive?" asked Jack. He looked around the room at who had been beamed up. Jacob he understood being here, as he had apparently been the one to call n the Asguard. Likewise, it made sense for the three remaining members of SG1 to be here - after all, it was one of their own missing. But why was Janet here? And where was General Hammond? Oh, wait, he was the leader of Earth's forces in the fight against the Goa'uld- he couldn't really afford to personally go gallivanting off through the galaxy.

That's what SG1 was for.

"The Asguard are, unfortunately, partially responsible for the situation at hand," said Thor, breaking O'Neill out of his daze.

"Partially responsible?"

"The host of Apophis was a citizen of one of the Asguard Protectorate planets. A rather important one, actually, his father is the leader of the people, and the host, Theus is - was - the heir to the throne. We have a long-standing oath with his people, the Jessians, to save Theus if at all possible. Before the Goa'uld mothership crashed into the planet, we teleported him onto this vessel. The Goa'uld symbiote was removed, and Theus was freed."

"I thought the longer someone was a host, the harder it was to free them. Theus has been the host to Apophis for years, hasn't he?" asked Janet.

"We were fortunate, and Theus has a strong mind."

"That's just great," O'Neill interrupted, " but how is Apophis rampaging through the galaxy if he doesn't have a host?" Jack wasn't sure, but he thought Thor looked a little uncomfortable when he asked that question.

"Apophis does have a host body. "

"What?!?"

"Theus' family was brought on board to visit him. Apophis managed to escape from the containment jar. He took Theus' brother, Torin, as a host. We would have been able to capture him and extract the symbiote, however Apophis set a fire in the lab, and during he chaos, he managed to get off the ship."

"A fire is all it took to escape an Asguard ship?" asked Jack incredulously.

" The Asguard would never consider committing arson. We could not have known that Apophis would do such a thing."

"We really need to talk about these 'dumb ideas', Thor," said Daniel. "The Asguard get surprised by them far to often." Dear God, I just sounded like Jack. I've been around him for way too long.

"Is Theus still on board?" asked Janet. "He was host to Apophis for a long time. It's possible he might know what Apophis is planning, and where he's taken Sam." She certainly hoped so, Sam was her best friend. Not to mention she had made it her goal to get Sam to admit certain feelings about her COâ?¦when she wasn't under an alien influence.

"Yes, he is. I will have him brought here."



End Notes: © Arcana 2002