samandjack.net

Story Notes: Archive: S&J yes, Heliopolis yes.

Spoilers/Sequel Info: None.

Season: Sometime waaaay into the future.

Feedback: Is always good!!!! It encourages me to write more :) I ravenously accept all feedback except flames, which will be immediately ignored and deleted.

Notes: This just came to me as I was cooking breakfast this morning. [Most of my story ideas seem to come to me in the kitchen. I have no idea why...] I know I should be working on other things [Sorry Flo and Ann], and I will get to those as soon as I can, I promise! Oh, and thanks to Flo and Annie for looking over this and telling me to post it :)

Copyright Alexandra Dickson April 2000


All the SGC staff stood in the mess hall awaiting General Hammond. The mess hall had been chosen for the occasion simply because it was one of the largest rooms on the base, one of the few that could cater for all the personnel once. Finally, General Hammond arrived followed closely by Colonel O'Neill, and the room hushed. Colonel O'Neill searched for and found the rest of his team. He gave Major Carter, his second in command, a small smile which she returned, her blue eyes lighting up as they always did.

"I have been given leave to inform you that the future of the Stargate programme has been decided. In light of the defeat of the System Lords, this facility will be turned over to the UN. Many of you will be asked to remain here in order to continue your research, and to continue the exploration of those worlds we have yet to reach. Whether you chose to do so or follow other interests is up to you. That is all. Dismissed."

The staff dispersed, discussing the decision. Colonel O'Neill started to make his way over to his team, but General Hammond called him back, and spoke to him quietly. O'Neill nodded, and glanced back to his team who were making their way to the door.

"One moment, Major," he said as she approached.

"Yes, sir?" she asked.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. Dismissed."

Major Carter smiled at him and inclined her head. "Thank you, sir." With that she left, following the last of the crowds out of the room.

Colonel O'Neill turned back to Dr. Jackson and the Jaffa Teal'c.

"So, Daniel, what are your plans now?" he asked, seemingly oblivious to the amazed stare the archaeologist was giving him. Teal'c was also staring at him, with his characteristic one eyebrow raised.

"Uh... Jack?" Dr. Jackson started.

"Yes, Daniel?" O'Neill replied.

Dr. Jackson shook his head. "Nevermind."

"Sir?" Major Carter's voice called out from the doorway. Colonel O'Neill turned to see her walking towards him.

"Yes, Major?"

"One last thing, sir." She neared him, reaching up and pulling his head down to kiss him passionately. He put his arms around her and returned her embrace wholeheartedly. Finally they came up for air.

"Just that, sir," she said, a little breathlessly.

"Understood, Major," Colonel O'Neill replied with a grin.



FIN