samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author's notes: Been away, coming back, u get ma drift? :)


"We have to stop." Her statement, breathy and completely unsure, didn't waver his hesitation. But couldn't stop touching her. "I know."

Feeling her skin contrast with the roughness of his hands, revelling in the differences. One part of them matched.

"Jack."

Their integrity.

"Sshh."

It was fragmented. Torn in pieces, by fate and truth and enemies and blood. Blood of their victims, blood of their casualties, and the blood of their friends. His lips still met hers. Crushing under his weight, she didn't welcome the intrusion. Yet she needs it, craving it. She had nothing else:

Jacob. Fallen. Daniel. Dead. Teal'c Missing. Jonas. Left.

Two barely existing entities resolved each other now. Or at least, they tried. They tried to rise, talk, express, feel. And in turn they fell. Leading to sex. It was an excuse. To turn away from the truth. Feel without feeling.

They were always doomed to fall.

Because sometimes, you forget, that you're not ready... That, you must wait, and leave things, for a little while, before they can progress. Flourish. Ripen.

"Colonel. Stop."

Last.

But some things are spoilt. Ruined by outer influences. Determined by the stars themselves.

His eyes were glazed, and burnt in her eyes. The passion was there, always had been but the healing?

It hadn't arrived yet.

Sitting up, she entangled her fingers in her hair, attempting to gain the control she been looking for. Meeting him, she wrapped her legs around him, easing her head onto his shoulder, sighing. Letting out air or pain, or solace, anything she could just to feel.

"I wish we weren't like this."

In truth, if they hadn't been in his position. Then it would be because of the regulations. Because of Sg-1, and because all of it still mattered, existed.

But none of it did anymore.

Sometimes Soldiers fall. Are scattered, broken, And only the angel's are left now....

'Sometimes in life you feel the fight is over,
And it seems the writing's on the wall,
Superstar you finally made it,
Once your picture becomes tainted,
That's what they call the rise and fall....' ~~~~ 'Rise and Fall' Craig David and Sting.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've been away, hope you like.

Athena