samandjack.net

Story Notes: AUTHOR'S NOTES: hello to all the people I know, Helen, Fiacha, Sho, Caz, Samedi and the ever present Daley


Jack walked out of his office and into a dimly lit foyer. He frowned, confused and looked back at his office. It was still there, he could still se it through the doorway. He shook his head and moved a little way forward, the foyer was small and lit by two orange lights either side of another door. He looked around and with caution approached the door. He opened it slightly and looked inside, he couldn't remember this room in the SGC, especially not in outside his office.

"Hello?" he called out. No one answered. He went inside the hall and had another look around. Like the foyer it was lit by orange lamps but he could see other lights, brighter lights.

"Hello?" he tried again. Still no answer. He shrugged and went into the large room to look around. It struck him that it looked like a museum, that it probably was a museum, the display cases gave that way a little. There were pictures on the walls too with plaques underneath them, all the display cases had stands with explanations on. He walked up to the nearest one and saw a GDO inside, the explanation beside him told him what he already knew. Still confused he walked up to the one of the pictures and immediately recognised it as a landscape of Abidos, the information beside it telling Jack that it was the first place he had visited. Definitely a museum.

He kept moving, he walked around and came to a picture of himself, full uniform, like an Air Force mug shot. The plaque underneath caught his eye, it read. "Colonel O'Neill-Retired". He laughed. Beside his own display was Sam's, he moved along a little to see it. There was the same sort of picture, the picture was of Sam now, but underneath her title was General, General Sam O'Neill. He smiled then it hit him.

General Sam O'Neill.

He looked closely at the words. They definitely said O'Neill, two L's and everything. He was confused, happy but really confused.

"Your story is to your left" a voice said. Jack whirled around to see a man standing in the door he had come through.

"What story?" he asked. "Do you know what the hell is going on?"

"I know you have questions over the name under that picture. Some of the answers are there" Jack looked to where he indicated. "Go one, read it" the man was smiling which made him curious.

"Maybe I will" he said, walking over to it, keeping his eyes on the man. he looked at the story, glancing back as the man, then began to red it. the man moved around to see Jack's face as he read it and smiled at his reactions.

"Has this helped?" he asked as Jack turned to face him.

"I have even more questions" he said. "A kiss, Carter and I, a kiss, we can't, we can't do any of this, world peace?" he rambled out.

"I know it is hard to comprehend Mr O'Neill but it all happens, you can do these things"

"It all happens, meaning this is my future. The future. When the hell am I?" he asked.

"Very good, Miss Carter did not ask that so quickly"

"Miss Carter? You mean, she's been here too"

"Oh yes, almost three years ago now"

"Three years!"

"Three years for me Mr O'Neill, I cannot say when it was for you"

"Oh" he thought about that. "She was here and she never told us. Told me. She knows all this?"

"She does"

"You never said when this is"

"2120"

"2120" he repeated. "Wow, cool" the man smiled. "So do you have a name?"

"Adrian" he said.

"Adrian" he paused. "So Adrian, what did you and Carter do here?"

"I showed Samantha some things here. Not much"

"What things?" he asked. He smiled.

"Follow me" he said. He began to walk away and Jack jumped to follow him. the man led him into the room where the Stargate stood, with seats all around him. Made Jack think of a church, a place of worship.

"Is that the real gate?" he asked.

"No a replica but people love to see it, have pictures of them standing beside it"

"This is weird" he said. "What am I doing here?"

"I don't have the answer to that"

"I suppose Carter got you into a deep theological and scientific conversion about time travel"

"A little yes" he smiled.

"Well Adrian, I'm not like Carter, I don't care about the why so much? The how? Maybe but then not enough to discuss it right now"

"I wouldn't expect anything else"

"You wouldn't? Well good, I think we're gonna get along"

"What do you see this as? Do you have you own thoughts on why?"

"Didn't I just say I didn't care?"

"Oh I know, I heard, but you need to think about it just a little"

"Just a little"

"Walk with me" Adrian left the room and Jack looked at the gate one last time then chased him down the hall.

"Wow" he said as they walked down he hallway "Is this whole museum about SG-1?"

"And those closely affiliated with you. You changed the world, brought about World Peace"

"See that's what I'm having a problem with" he said. "How is a kiss supposed to do that?"

"I could tell you Mr O'Neill, but I doubt you would like the answer"

"I doubt it too" he smiled. "So where are we going?"

"You'll see"

"Do we all have our own sections?" he asked as they passed Teal'cs section.

"You do" he stopped and Jack had not been paying attention and bumped into him . They went into the room on the right and Jack stopped still in shook and awe at what was there. An entire church had been reconstructed inside the room. on the walls in display cases were dresses, a wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses and suits on the opposite side. He went to the dresses and read the plaques.

"Cassie" he said to himself. "Sam" he felt a little disappointment that Sam's dress was only a brides made dress, he would've loved to see her dress. He wanted this to be his wedding.

"Keep reading" he told him. Jack glanced over at him, then read the last of the plaque that told him his own wedding was here. It was down the hall.

"Can I see it?"

"I'm afraid not Mr O'Neill"

"For crying out load call me Jack will ya and why not?"

"It's unlucky" he said. "Do you really want to see your future wife's dress? Do you want to take the surprise out of seeing for the first time on the day? Do you really want to take the fun out of looking for flowers when you already know which ones you use?"

"I guess not" he sighed. he looked at the dress and noticed something odd. It was a big dress, not huge, just bigger than it should've been. Bigger than Sam. He cocked his head to the side and it dawned on him. He knew that shape.

"Sam's pregnant" he said. "At this wedding she's pregnant"

"How do you know that?"

"Hey she may where baggy fatigues most the time but I know my Sam and this is a pregnant belly" he said, proud of his deductive skills. "How many kids do we have?"

"I can't tell you that and you know it"

"Yeah" he sighed. "What was the wedding like, our wedding?"

"Beautiful I assure you. You are a very lucky man" Jack smiled.

"Why am I?" he asked.

"I thought you didn't care"

"Well I do a little and it's rude to throw things back at someone"

"Jack if I have offended you I am sorry"

"I was joking Adrian"

"Oh" he paused. "I knew you would want to know, Samantha asked and I've had three years to search for the answer"

"Did you look?"

"I've done my research. I tried to think of all sorts of theories"

"What did you come up with?"

"Nothing. I don't have the answers. Just my opinions"

"Oh"

"I know all about you Jack, I studied you all for years and years and although I may not have the answers to why you are here, I do have the knowledge to know what you should see while you are here"

"This wedding" he said. "Is part of that?"

"Yes. Mr Jackson and Miss Fraiser's is a part of that and it'll become apparent why eventually"

"You know?"

"Of course, it is why I've shown this to both you and Samantha"

"Did Sam ask to see our wedding?"

"Yes but I did not let her"

"Good" he smiled. "so what else do you have to show me?"

"One last thing" he opened the doors and they carried on to the end of the spacious corridor. A door was at the end that was already open.

"I thought this might help you" Adrian said as he led him inside. Jack went in and had a good look around before his brain realised what he was looking at. The room was filled with pictures of Charlie, his things. Jack was astounded. Where had they got it all.

"It's...." he stopped, he knew what it was, it was Charlie's section.

"It's dedicated to the memory of your son. He is an important part of who you are, I felt it important it was included"

"You did this?"

"I did, when I came here felt it was missing. It took me years to collect together all these items"

"I can imagine" he said, he wasn't really thinking that but he wasn't really thinking.

"I was hoping you son would live again through this, that he and his life would not be forgotten, when you have children again, you will think about him more and you'll worry about this, about forgetting him."

"I would never forget him"

"I know but you'll worry about it" he said. "He shall not be forgotten, no matter what happens in your future"

"I like it" he said

"Good"

"Thankyou"

"Your welcome" he smiled. "It's nearly time to leave" Jack looked around one last time and went out of the room.

"Well it's been great" he said smiling cheerfully again. Adrian led him back to the main hall. "But seriously a kiss?"

"Samantha will tell you what I told her, maybe it will help"

"Okay"

"When you speak to her of this, tell her I said hello and I wish her well"

"I will" he smiled. "You don't have any lottery numbers do you?"

"I'm sorry Jack. if I see you again I'll have some prepared" he laughed. Jack shook his hand.

"It was nice talking to you" he said.

"And it was an honour to meet you Jack O'Neill" Adrian said. "I believe you know your way out"

"I do" Jack smiled and took a lat look around before heading to the foyer. With a glance back at Adrian, he walked through and found himself standing in his office. He looked at the door but now only the grey walls of the corridor outside were to be seen. The dimly lit museum had gone.

"Jack?" Daniel said. "You okay?" he was staring into space, looking at the corridor.

"Yeah I'm okay" he smiled and looked at his friends. "Great in fact"

"O-Kay, what's wrong?"

"Lot's of things but soon they will be very, very right" he was almost grinning at him now. he patted Daniel on the shoulder then went down the corridor, leaving his friend confused at his behaviour.

r.l.w
what d'ya think?