samandjack.net

Story Notes: I hope you enjoy it.


Samantha Carter O'Neill glanced sideways at Colonel O'Neill, when he say her out of the corner of his eye, he turned toward her and she looked straight ahead. The minute Jack was looking back at the General, she started the whole thing over again. Suddenly she felt queasy.

"Excuse me sir!" Sam said quickly, getting up from the de-briefing room table and ran for all she was worth to the bathroom.

Jack looked after her, wondering what was the matter with the Major. Ever since the accident that had erased his memory of the past 7 and 1/2 months, he had caught Carter looking at him longingly. When he'd confronted her with it, she had said that she was worried about him was all. Teal'c and Daniel were no help either, but Dr. Fraiser told him not to worry, he was probably just being paranoid because of the head trauma he had had.

"General, do you know what's wrong with Carter? That's the second time she's run out of a de-briefing like that." O'Neill could have sworn he saw a shadow of remorse pass over Hammond's eyes before he covered it.

"The Major has just been feeling a little under the weather Colonel. She'll be back to normal in no time. Now, we're done here, so why don't you all go home? SG-1 is on stand down for 48 hours. Dismissed!"

Daniel caught up to Jack as they rounded the corner. "You ok Jack? You looked a little pale in the conference room."

The Colonel shook his head. "For the hundredth time, yes, Daniel," he said slowly, each syllable coming out perfectly. "I'm fine... thank you."

"Geez Jack! I was just asking!" Dr. Jackson huffed, walking away agitatedly.

Teal'c came up to his airforce friend. "O'Neill, I believe Daniel Jackson is upset. You have offended him."

The Colonel rolled his eyes. "Yes, Teal'c, I realize that. I'm just tired of everyone asking me if I'm ok. Who they should really be asking is Major Carter. She's sick, I'm not. I just got a slight bump on the head."

Teal'c raised an eyebrow. "That is no what Dr. Fraiser said. Major Carter is fine, just a 'bit under the weather.'"

Jack couldn't tell whether the Jaafa was lying or not. Damn, no wonder he's so damn good at poker. "Hey!" He yelled out as an idea hit him. "Let's have a little get together at my house. I feel like playing some poker."



******

2 weeks earlier



Janet Fraiser came out of the OR and pulled her white facemask down. Major Sam O'Neill stood there pale with tears in her eyes.

"Sam," Dr. Fraiser started and immediately the Major started shaking her head.

"No, he's not dead so don't say it."

The doctor actually felt a small smile come to her face. "No, Sam, he's not dead, but he has got amnesia. I asked him his stats, just to make sure because he had a lot of head trauma and he gave it all to me."

Sam O'Neill looked at her, totally confused. "So, how do you know he's got amnesia?"

Janet cleared her throat. "Because he said, 'divorced' and wondered where 'Major Carter' was. I'm afraid there's more, because of what I've gathered from some of the members of SG-3, they were torturing him and saying they were going to kill his wife." When the General looked at her questioningly, she pointed to her left ring finger and he nodded. "He kept telling them he didn't have one. I believe that that had to have been his last thought before he blacked out. Colonel O'Neill truly thinks he has no wife. I'm so sorry Sam, but until his sub-conscience thinks it's time to deal with this issue, NO ONE is tell him that he's married."

Mrs. O'Neill started shaking, putting her arms around herself and sliding down the wall, crying silently. Daniel ran to her and put his arms around her shoulders. "Don't cry Sam, he'll be fine." He tried reassuring his friend.

"Damn it, th... that's not it!" She yelled at him.

She looked at her rather shocked at the doctor's out burst. "Because... Oh god! I wanted Jack to be the first to know. I'm going to have a baby! That man in there's baby, you know, the one that has no friggin' clue as to who I am. I'm probably just his 'buddy', one of the guys!" She was balling so hard that her teeth were rattling. The General crossed to her and took her in his arms, silently cursing the fates for putting one of the most caring people he had ever known through this.



******

Present



They found Sam sitting in the cafeteria drinking some 7-up. "Hey Carter, I was thinking that we haven't done our Friday roundup since my accident," he paused when he saw her flinch out of the corner of his eye. "Any ways," he started again after a moment. "Let's get together tonight at my house. Daniel can show you were it's at if you don't know." A funny grin spread slowly over his face, making Sam forgot her stomach and broken heart and made her feel all warm inside.

"Still don't know why I got such a big house, I mean what am I going to do with three extra bedrooms?"

Teal'c pulled his questions move and Sam just knew what he was thinking. It was the same thing Daniel had asked when he'd first sat eyes on it. "Aren't you two being a little bit optimistic? You want three kids?"

Jack had laughed. "Well, we've got to name one after you, Teal'c, General Hammond, and Katherine. Not to mention we already promised Jacob that we'd name one after him. We figure that, at that rate, we'll have to get a bigger place yet."

She shook her head, "Colonel, you know we said that you decided to get a place with more room." Sam hated lying to her husband; it made her almost feel worse that not telling him about he baby.



******

Jack's House



Colonel O'Neill was beginning to think that he was not being let in on the whole story. When Sg-1 had first started going on missions, he'd always kept an eye on Samantha because she was new, then it had been because she was just so damn watchable, now it was because he was secretly in love with her. From he's observations, Carter was a little heavier that usual, she was also watching him like a hawk. That wasn't the weird part though, the weird part was that she had supposedly never been to his house and yet she knew where everything was. She also had picked up a habit that he didn't know what to make of. Cleaning. She was cleaning his house. Why? Was one of the questions he had now and what was everyone hiding from him?

"Want a beer Carter?" Jack asked, seeing her cup was empty. He got a no from her and shot a look at Daniel and Teal'c. Dr. Jackson looked away guiltily, Teal'c, as always, had that blank expression on his face. He'd had enough!

"All right! Everyone listen up, I know you're hiding something from me. Ever since my accident, you have all been acting strange, especially you Carter!" He said and pointed at her. She raised suddenly fearful eyes to his. "So, what is it? I have a feeling that the major part, no pun intended, has to deal with the Major. Carter is involved, I know, so I repeat. What is it?" All of them looked at one another.

"I better make a phone call first before we discuss this any further." Daniel got up and went to call Janet.

"Sweet! I knew I was right, if I could just figure out was right about." He snuck around the corner, listening to Daniel Jackson's phone conversation.

O'Neill found himself almost laughing at what he heard.

"Janet, I'm sorry honey. I couldn't say not to Jack thought or anyone else for that matter, they might find out about us. So what about telling Jack?" There was a pause. "Yes, he wants to know. What? The General wants to see Sam and I? Ok we'll be there in a few minutes." He hung up, turned around, and ran smack dab into the Colonel. "Jack?! How long have you been standing there?"

O'Neill smiled, "Long enough you stud! So how long have you and Janet been 'happening?'"

Daniel blushed bright pink. "Not that long."

They went through into the Kitchen and tapped the now sleeping Major. "Samantha, wake up sleeping beauty!" Jack called lightly into her ear.

She smiled sleepily and sighed. "No, let me sleep Jack."

He backed up and looked at Dr. Jackson. "Did she just call me Jack?"

Carter sat bolt upright. "What?" She managed to get out.

"We need to get back to the SGC for a little while. Come on Sam." He helped her up and they left a very confused Jack with Teal'c.

In the car, Sam faced Daniel; "Jack looked like he'd seen a ghost. What happened? Did I say...?"

Daniel nodded. "Did you say something? Yes, you called him Jack."

"Oh god! That was SO stupid of me!" She yelled and sat back against the seat looking at her longingly.



******

Two weeks ago



"Ok, Daniel, did you get all of my stuff from those drawers I showed you?" The doctor lifted a box he was carrying. "Yes, Sam, I think we've got everything."

She stood up and sighed. "Well, we HAVE to get everything."

Up stairs was a little brown box hidden in the back of the master bedroom's closet.



******

Present



Jack got into his closet and dug in back until he pulled out a little brown box. Maybe I put something in here. He thought, opening it up and gasping when he saw what was on top. A picture of Sam in a white flowing dress and a man standing next to her caught his attention. "What the HELL?!"

Teal'c came running in. "What is the matter O'Neill?"

The Jaafa stopped when he saw the picture his friend held. It was of the wedding. Jack O'Neill had found out. "This is what everyone's been covering up? Samantha and I are married?" Teal'c nodded. "Is there anything else you would like to share with the rest of the class?"

His friend with the gold emblem on his forehead looked around the room. "O'Neill, there is no one else here."



******

SGC



Sam O'Neill looked up startled as her husband came in with Teal'c hot on his heals. "Sir, what are you doing here?"

The Colonel ignored her question like she had never spoke and pulled up a chair in front of her.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me we were married?" Major O'Neills eyes widened and she turned her head to Teal'c who held up a picture of their wedding. "I guess I never got around to telling you that I keep a diary of sorts. It's a little brown box. Inside it are a lot of things that remind me of good times. I have Charlie's birth certificate, a picture of Sara, Charlie, and I at a baseball game. I keep everything that has ever mattered to me in it."

Sapphire blue eyes met chocolate brown ones and the blonde shook her head. "I didn't know that Jack."

Janet came in and stood next to Teal'c and Daniel. Sam looked at her for some indication that she should stop, but all she saw was a nod of encouragement from the doctor and the General.

"Jack, you and I have been married for six months. We came back form this mission to PJ3... something and you just said that we should get hitched. Daniel had informed us that a ceremony we had taken part in was a wedding of sorts and you thought it was a good idea to have the real thing. At first, I said no because I thought you were doing it out of some kind of masculine need to protect my honor."

Jack broken in gently, "Did we sleep together that night Sam?"

She started to fidget, lifting her hand to brush the hair off of her forehead. He grabbed both of them and held them in his firm, warm grip.

"Yes. I thought you were doing the gentlemanly thing and I so wanted you to marry me because you wanted too. Not for some other reason. I'd loved you for so long, watched you for so long, that I couldn't stand being married to you and not have you love me back. But then you gave me the answer to my prayers. You told me you loved me and here we are now."

O'Neill hugged his wife to him and sighed. "Oh Sammy, it's still true, I do love you. I'm so sorry about all of this. I, I can't remember why I forgot about all this, but I'll make it up to you, I promise."

She shook her head, tears running down her cheeks and hugged him tighter to her. "You don't need too Jack, just be there for us."

He pulled away slightly staring at her in wonder. "What?"

Sam smiled at him happily and he looked around to the four smiled at the door. "Yep, we're having a baby! I'm 3 and 1/2 months a long."



******

5 and 1/2 Months Later



"Meet Jonathan Daniel and Jacob Teal O'Neill. These are your guys' Uncles and that is your Aunt Janet and Grandpa Jacob." Jack said pointing to the group at the end of the bed. Everyone took turns holding the twins. Their big brown eyes looked at all the people around them happily.

"They look so much like you Jack. I can't get over it, they're so cute!" Janet beamed.

"They may look like me, but they have Samantha's smile, I can tell already. I'm glad about that."

When the room was cleared, Jack broke out his brown box and placed the twins' birth certificates in it. Sam sat her bed up further and tugged on his sleeve.

He looked into her eyes and smiled. "Want to take a look inside of the box, do we?"

She nodded and he handed it to her. What he had said was true, there was the stuff that he had mentioned earlier in it, but something caught her eye. It was a picture of her standing beside the gate. That was the one that had been taken when she'd first become a member of the SGC. She flipped it over and say the date, it HAD been taken when she first arrived. "What are you doing with this?"

Jack gave her a heart-wrenching smile. "I told you I only keep the really important things in there.



******

The End



End Notes: Positive comments welcomed at tracys4@olynet.com