samandjack.net

Story Notes: Feedback: Ooh, please! phantmchic@aol.com

Notes: This is the first SG1 story I've finished. I got the idea while talking to some friends last night. The effects of finals on a warped college brain...


"Hey, Danny-boy, what're these?"

Danny turned to see Jack and Teal'c looking at the back of his office door. Specifically at the set of magnetic words on the back of the door. He walked over behind them.

"They were a gift from Cassie. They're called Magnetic Poetry. I heard about them on-line and mentioned them to her once."

"You don't have much written," Jack commented. "LOVE GODDESS...SPACE MONKEY...JUNIOR THE WORM?"

"Cassie wrote that one."

"Come on, you should write something more interesting with these words."

"Well, why don't you come up with something."

"All right," Jack looked over the scattered words and smiled. He then wrote out WHY DOES EVERY PLANET HAVE THE SAME TREES. "Your turn Danny."

"You call that interesting?" Danny looked at Jack and then wrote WHY DON'T YOU TELL HER YOU LOVE HER.

"What's that supposed to mean? Is that directed at me?" Jack asked, defensively. 'Does he know how I feel? Damn, does everyone? Does she?'

"Just an innocent comment."

"My turn, O'Neill," Teal'c said. Jack stepped aside to give him access to the door. Teal'c worked on his phrase for several minutes. When he finished Danny started laughing.

"Lemme see," Jack said and moved to the other side of Danny. He saw Teal'c's masterpiece: HOW DO YOU LIKE TO BE KISSED? He laughed, "Great Teal'c."

Just then there was a knock at the door. "Hey, guys," Janet pushed the door open a ways as they stepped back. "Its midnight. You ready to go? Where's Sam?"

"She's late," Danny said. "I think she may be working for a while, maybe we should go ahead. I'll leave a note."

They all agreed and Danny wrote the note and taped it to the door. No one saw it fall off after they closed the door, or saw it land face down as they walked off talking and laughing as they filled Janet in on the fun they had had with Cassie's gift.



********************************



Sam was bored. She was supposed to be meeting Janet and SG1 in Daniel's office to go out for drinks. They were supposed to meet at midnight. She had been a few minutes late, but when she got there she found the office empty. It was already 00:30 hours and there was no sign of them. She glanced at her watch. She began to wonder if they'd left without her.

"Five more minutes and then I'm going home." She realized she was talking to herself. "Oh, I've been working too long. I must be getting punchy."

She sighed and did another circle of the room. Something on the back of the door caught her eye.

"What the..."

She closed the door most of the way, stopping just short of letting it latch. On the back were a number of small, white, magnetic rectangles. Each one had a word or punctuation mark written on it. There were a few phrases spelled out, and a number of other words scattered around the upper surface of the door. One long phrase caught her eye. Someone had written out HOW DO YOU LIKE TO BE KISSED ?

She smiled, wondering who had done it. 'Probably Jack,' she thought.

Suddenly she had an impulse to put up a message. 'Must be the fatigue. Oh, well, what can it hurt.'

She looked over the other words on the door and three caught her attention. With an evil grin she positioned them together below the question. Then looked at her watch again.

"00:20. That's it, I'm leaving." She headed home to get some sleep.



********************************



Danny walked into the infirmary the next morning to find Janet, Jack, and Teal'c talking about the previous night's revels and speculating on where Sam had gotten to. "Hey, guys. Come check out what I found in my office." They exchanged glances but followed him. When they reached his office, he took them in and closed the door. They all looked at the magnetic words on the back of the door. There, under the question Teal'c had written the previous night, was an answer: HOT AND WILD.

"Who wrote that?" Janet looked around at the men of SG1.

Danny shrugged, "That's what I wondered. I thought maybe one of you did it last night and I see it." All three of them shook there heads negatively.

"Well, then the only one I can think of who would have been in my office between last night and this morning is..." He trailed off realizing the implications.

"Sam," Janet finished.

She, Teal'c and Danny turned to look at Jack. He had an odd expression on his face as he suddenly opened the door and rushed out the room. They exchanged glances. "Gee, where do you think he's going?" Danny said with a wry grin.



********************************



Sam was in her lab dropping off her coat when she heard someone coming up behind her. She turned to see Jack standing in the doorway. "Sir?"

He stepped in and closed the door behind him. "You were in Danny's office last night?"

"Yes, I waited for you guys for 20 minutes before I decided to go home. Where were you guys, Sir?"

"Jack." He said, ignoring her question.

"All right, Jack." She tried to decipher the look in on his face, but realized that it was a look she hadn't seen before.

"You saw the magnetic messages on Danny's door?"

"Yes, Si...Jack." She paused, "Who wrote it?" She knew he would know which one he was referring to.

"Teal'c." Ignoring the surprise that flashed across her face, he pressed forward. "Did you mean that?"

Flustered, she looked down, "I..." She looked up and found herself looking directly into his eyes.

Finally Jack couldn't take it anymore. Closing the distance between them, her drew her to him and kissed her passionately. To both of their surprise, she kissed him back with just as much passion. Finally, they broke apart.

He looked into her eyes, and saw the same love shining there that he knew must be in his own. He grinned, "How was that?"

"Remind me to thank Teal'c," she said as she leaned in and kissed him again.



********************************



End Notes: Feedback: Pretty please with cherry on top. Ill give you a cookie. Send to phantmchic@aol.com