samandjack.net



"Janet have you seen Colonel O'Neill? General Hammond wants to start the debriefing." Major Samantha Carter asked as she stuck her head in Doctor Janet Fraiser's office.

"Yes. Come with me." Janet placed her pen down and led Sam into the infirmary. "He came in for his post mission check up an hour ago. I went to check his blood samples in and when I came back he was asleep. I didn't have the heart to wake him, he looks so peaceful."

"I've got to wake him up." Sam sighed.

"Go ahead. I have to finish some paperwork anyway."

Sam walked over to the side of the bed. "Colonel O'Neill, it's time to get up sir." Receiving no response from her sleeping CO, Sam placed her hand on his shoulder and shook him gently. "Wakey wakey sir."

"Not now Sam baby, I need to sleep." He said as he rolled over.

"Sam baby?" Janet mouthed to her.

"Don't asked me." She shrugged. "Colonel O'Neill you really need to wake up now." She said slightly louder.

"Not tonight Sam honey. Maybe in the morning." He rolled over again. Janet looked across at Sam and smiled.

"Honestly I have no idea what he's talking about."

"Right you don't" Her friend smiled at her and she turned to leave.

"Doctor have you seen Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter?" General Hammond asked.

"Yes sir. They're over there sir. Colonel O'Neill fell asleep and Major Carter is trying unsuccessfully to wake him for your briefing."

"Thank you Doctor." He walked over to where Sam was still shaking the Colonel. "Major what seems to be the problem?" He asked.

"I can't seem to wake him sir." She replied.

"Did you try yelling Major?" Hammond asked.

"No sir. It's inappropriate to yell at one's superior officers sir." Carter replied.

"You two don't usually seem to have realised that. I'll take care of this." He paused then bellowed. "Colonel O'Neill."

"General Hammond?" Jack shot up to sitting.

"Colonel, you're late for the debriefing. I want you there in five minutes, that goes for you too Major."

"Yes sir." Sam replied. General Hammond strode out.

"N ice sleep sir?" Sam asked.

"I was kind of up late last night Major." He beamed at her.

"I know. But you really have to stop talking in your sleep Jack. We were really lucky that only Janet heard what you said and not General Hammond."

"I'll try. You could come over tonight and make sure I don't." He suggested with a sparkle in his eye.

"Not tonight Jack. Maybe in the morning." She quickly kissed him and giggled.

"No giggling Major." He scolded.

"Sorry sir. But we're late for the debrief."



* * * FIN * * *

Feedback is gratefully appreciated!!