samandjack.net

Story Notes: Authors Notes: Thanks to my little lemming grammar_whore, Raven.


He didn't really know where he was headed, so long as it was far, *far* away from Maybourne. Every time he spent more than around twenty minutes near the guy, his finger started itching on the trigger.

Somehow, he'd reached the summit of a waterfall; stopping for a moment to gaze out across the undulating green landscape. He had to admit - despite his peculiar hatred of trees - with the fresh, unpolluted air, and the picturesque view, this *was* a nice place. Pity about the company though...

No, really - there was even a lake; though he had yet to determine whether there were actually *fish* in this one.

Adding it to his mental 'to do' list (right above "shoot Maybourne" - he'd let the thought torture the guy a few more days - and just below "Get the hell OUTTA HERE!") he moved to the edge of the rock ledge and let his feet dangle.

Fishing. Carter.

Carter - Dammit. Where was she? What was she doing? He could hazard a guess. Probably in her lab, creating some ingenious device to find them and zap them home... But he also knew her well enough to know that she'd be cutting herself up over allowing Maybourne to get close enough to her. Over not being able to do anything. Over how she'd failed him.

Of course, there was nothing she could have done, but she would never realise that. For a genius, she could be pretty dense at times...

Though, somehow, he felt safe in the knowledge that Teal'c would be looking out for her, watching over her... far better than he could ever do.

Lying back against the sun-warmed rock, he closed his eyes and listened to the tumultuous sound of the water below.

If only Carter had been here. Life would have been much better - someone to talk to... and he would have finally been able to take her fishing. Watch the way her face would light up at the fantastic views of the large planet nearby at night. Hey, where were they anyway?

He smiled gently. If Carter had been here, who would save their butts?

Who knew what the future held. But for now, he was just content lying here with his thoughts.

Carter would save them. She always did.

*fin*

Feedback greatly appreciated.

littlekitten2424@hotmail.com
http://www.sphosting.com/littlekitten