samandjack.net

Story Notes: Notes: This is the sequel to "The Flu with a side of Fever to go... " If you missed it, let me know I'll send it to you.

Feedback: Yes, please..


Sam slept like a baby, Jack's sleep, however, was not so pleasant. First of all, he didn't like the guest room, secondly he wanted so badly to cross the short distance it would take, back to his own room, where Sam was. Sleeping, then again maybe she wasn't. Maybe she was just as aware of this new situation as he was. 'Then again, maybe not, Jack' He thought to himself. Taking a few more jabs at his pillow, he rolled over and tried to relax one again. Sleep crept up slowly, Jack drifted off, with thoughts of dark blue panties, and long naked legs.

Sam felt the sun on her face before she opened her eyes, she remembered were she was. Stretching her arms and legs before actually opening her eyes, she found, she felt rather good. The tablets Jack... "Jack" she said it out loud to herself and smiled. Oh yes, she did remember that too. She found herself blushing. 'Carter you gotta go.... get up from this wonderful soft bed.... ' Sam snuggles down further into the pillow inhaling deeply, enjoying the last few minutes she has here. Her thoughts return 'Come on... get up' almost willing herself upright. Sam groans softly and shifts her legs over the side of Jack's huge bed.

First checking on her clothes, she realizes her sweater will be several more hours at least before its dry. She found her bra and panties hanging of the shower door rack. 'Lovely... well, no more secrets huh Sam...' Jeans were almost dry, they were hung over the shower itself. Sam moved on to the mirror, stopping a moment to look, before stepping away. Sam moved quickly removing her jeans from their spot, to rest them on top of the sink. She needed a shower, she always felt more human after a shower, holding her hand under the tap, adjusting the temperature to just the right degree. Hot. Just the way she liked it.

Sam never heard the soft knock at the door as she slipped the robe from her shoulders standing clad only in the worn hockey jersey, Jack had lent her the night before. Sliding the shower door open slightly, she turned the shower knob. Sam checked the water temperature once again, having to lean over the tub's edge to do so. Her left leg stretched out behind her, with her right leg slightly bent, her head trying to avoid the stream coming down until she was completely undressed. Jack cleared his throat after taking in the sight before him. Okay, he probably waited longer than he should have before... well before doing something. Sam jumped, turning, she quickly smoothed down the front of the jersey, which barely covered her mid thigh. 'She looks amazing in my jersey.... Oh that is definitely yours to keep Sam' Jack noted to himself before he finally spoke.

"Sam.... " He looked away, but not before Sam saw what he meant to hide. Jack blushed. Smiling to herself.

"Yeah Jack... you looking for your toothbrush... " Sam was now watching her Colonels face, he was trying to come up with something witty to say.. he was failing miserably...

He started again. "Sorry, Sam... I knocked, I thought you heard me, I just wanted to grab some of my stuff, it'll make some room for yours, here...." Jack squeezed by Sam, and gathered up his incidentals leaving a small shelf bare for Sam to place her own toothbrush, hairbrush and other items she kept in her kit. She noted as he passed, he was only in his boxers and T-shirt. Watching him, as he hurried along, unaware she was mentally removing said boxers as he went. Jack stopped suddenly. Back stiffening. He turned slowly to look directly into the deepest blue eyes he had ever seen. "Sam...." was all he could say. To her surprise, Sam took a step towards her Colonel, closing the now small gap separating them.

The phone shrilled once.....twice. Coming out of his own thoughts, a tad shaken. He smiled softly to Sam, turned and quickly left the bathroom and headed to the phone on the table beside his bed. He caught it on the fourth ring. "Hello...." slightly out of breath, he now waited for the caller to speak.

"Colonel... It's me Janet... I was wondering if you heard from Sam today. She's not answering her phone, and I knew she wasn't well when she left last night I'm starting to get worried here.... "

Jack smiled to himself, thinking 'This is going to be interesting' "Janet.. relax I have Sam here with me. We just got up... What no.. I mean I just got up and she just got up.. not got up together.... Janet quit laughing." Jack groaned inwardly 'this is not going as well as I expected' "Janet, I couldn't very well have left her at her house, she was sick as a dog not 3 blocks from your place, so I took her back here.... Yes exactly, it's closer than her own home" Jack was happy the good Doctor could see the advantages to his plan. After reassuring Janet that Sam was infact feeling much better than the previous night, she thanked Jack again for helping Sam with Cassie and said they would both drop by in about an hour. "Great, see you then" Jack placed the receiver back into it's cradle.

'So much for my plan' Jack thought to himself. He turned towards the now closed door of the bathroom, he walked up to it slowly and pressed his ear against the cool surface. Jack smiled. He could hear the faint humming of his Major, his Sam. His. He liked that. Jack ran that very thought through his mind several more times before he realized the shower had been turned off. 'I better get my ass out of here before Sam thinks I'm some sort of perv.' He thought as he quickly exited the room. Jack hurried back to the guest bedroom, pulling on his hiking shorts and a clean T-shirt before heading down to the kitchen to start breakfast. He was pretty sure he had everything they would need. Jack wasted no time in preparing his favorite breakfast.

20 minutes later, Jack had amassed a pile of pancakes the size of dinner plates, next to that, was a equally large plate of bacon, cooked the way he hoped Sam liked it, crispy. He had coffee on, he was feeling good. This day could turn out to be fantastic. Syrup, and assorted jams cluttered the table, with the clean plates on the counter still, he made room for a setting for two. 'Nice and cozy' he thought to himself, placing a fresh linen napkin down beside their silverware. 'Where the hell was Sam....' he thought to himself. Turning off the last of the bacon and removing the pan from the burner. Jack headed up the stairs. Knocking softly, this time and pausing long enough to hear Sam's "come in" before heading through the door.

"Sam, what's the...." He looked on with a smile forming over his lips. He never finished his sentence. He could only stare at his Major before him. Sam had combed out her wet hair and was sitting on the bed cross legged, looking up at her Colonel smiling shyly. She still wore his robe. Jack could also make out his jersey underneath the robe.

Sam finally spoke. "Jack.... I was wondering.... do you have anything that I might be able to put on.... I really don't want to pad around your place in a robe, my clothes aren't dry yet...."

Jack raised one eyebrow studying her closely, slowly smiling back at her. Jack crossed the room and started to search through his lower drawers pulling out shirts and other garments, but was unable to find anything in pants that might fit her. He stood up and started for his closet, he had an old pair of hiking shorts similar to the ones he had on himself at the back, they hadn't fit him in years, but they just might fit Sam. He found them, they were still pressed hanging in the back of his closet. Just where he left them. Thinking 'God, I really got to throw some of this stuff out'.

He turned and handed the light brown shorts over to her, Sam hadn't moved from her position. Looking slightly embarrassed, she thanked Jack and waited for him to exit the room once again. Jack didn't move a muscle. He simply stood in the same spot and waited. He had no idea why he wasn't moving... it was obvious Sam needed to dress. He knew this. He just couldn't seem to will his legs into action, only after Sam cleared her throat, did he blink and regain control.

"Sam, yeah.. sorry you need to change. I've got breakfast on downstairs join me when your ready" He smiled once more, looking into her eyes, before turning and heading out the door. 'Jack you're a perv.... ' he scolded himself, as he headed back down the stairs.

Sam, took only 10 minutes before she made her way into Jack's kitchen. As promised Jack had a big meal laid out, the last of the toast was just coming up, and Jack was pulling the two heaping plates out of the oven, where they were warming. "Sit down Sam I'm almost done here...." Jack turned with his last comment dying on his lips, he took in the woman before him. She still had on his old hockey jersey, and he could see the bottom of the brown shorts poking out from beneath the length of the jersey. She looked adorable. Sam had taken a few minutes to roll up the overtly long sleeves revealing her small hands. She had also found some socks and pulled them on. They were his woolen hiking socks. He hadn't seen them in years. He cocked his head to one side and looked at Sam before commenting.

"Where did you find those socks.... I've been looking for those for ages?"

Sam blushed. "Ahhh mine are still wet... I just opened a drawer and their there were. I hope you don't mind, your floor is always so cold" With that, Sam blushed a deeper shade of red and waited for Jack to say something. Anything.

"Sam, you can help yourself to anything my house.... I'm sorry I forgot to ask if you needed them. I guess I need work on my hospitality skills huh?" Sam relaxed a little with his last comment, sitting down in front of the plate laid out for her. Sam eyed the linen napkin before picking it up and flipping it over in her hands. Jack couldn't help himself but laugh before commenting. "Sam, what, you never thought I owed linen napkins... I just never put them out when the boys are over, not with Daniel, Salsa and Sour Cream... I'd never get them clean" Sam smiled up and nodded her head, she lost that round once before when the boys came over to her place for Poker Night. She ended up burning the remaining napkins she had, and that was only after she washed them 3 times to no avail.

They dug in, both hungrier than they cared to admit. Jack went for seconds as Sam looked on, amazed at the amount this man could eat. She herself, had 2 large pancakes smothered in syrup and 2 helping of bacon, she kept her toast to only one piece, no jam. Relaxing now, waiting for the Colonel to finish before grabbing empty plates and piling them on the counter near the sink. Without a thought Sam set to rinsing them and putting them into the dishwasher. Jack smiled. This felt good.

"Oh by the way, we're soon to have company... that was Janet on the phone, she was worried about you and called to see if I had heard from you..." Jack smile was brilliant.

Sam turned with a shocked expression on her face. "Jack... Janet is coming here... when?"

Jack's turn. "Cassie and Janet should be here in about 20 minutes..."

"Oh my god.... Jack...." Sam never finished her statement. The doorbell rang, effectively stopping her in mid sentence. "Is this a test....?"

Jack raised himself up from the table, with a wicked grin he leaned over and spoke quietly "Funny, Sam that exactly what I said last night, right before I had too..." purposely leaving his statement hanging, then raising his voice only seconds later "Coming!" Jack winked and was gone to open the door. Leaving a very stunned Sam sitting at his kitchen table.

Cassie came flying into the room, obviously feeling much better than yesterday, Sam was ready for her. It's been the same welcome she had received from Cassie since she had be placed with Janet. Well when she was well enough to pull it off. "Sam....." and Cassie was in her arms, big hugs coming from both sides.

Sam spoke. "Cassie, your feeling much better huh... " giggling herself when Cassie laughed against her shoulder.

"Sam, I feel so much better than yesterday" Cassie pulled away from her and looked into Sam's eyes before she continued. "I'm sorry for leaving you guys on the couch last night, but I woke up and was feeling better so I just went to my own bed... sorry"

Sam's brow creased for a brief moment before her face spread into a beautiful smile. "Cassie honey, It's okay, actually I had a very nice sleep on ahhh... your Mom's couch." Cassie smiled back up to Sam. Sam knew she was blushing. She had no choice. She did what she had to do.

Sam grabbed Cassie by the sides and proceed to tickle the small girl. Cassie squealed and giggled. Sam was relentless. Only after Janet and Jack came into the room and spoke did the tickling stop. "Hey all this giggling... makes me think I may be missing out on something ladies....?" Jack spoke first.

Janet only grinning now from her daughter's smiling face to her two best friends. He was wagging his eyebrows again. Sam and Cassie lost it one more time, this time they were joined by Janet. She too, had seen the eyebrows wag. Jack waited while everyone calmed down enough to speak again.

"Sam, I heard you were under the weather last night, sorry to hear that" Janet is about as subtle as hammer.

Sam looked up from her chair to see her best friend wearing the same grin she had on earlier, only this one was somehow different, almost evil. 'Time to talk to Janet before this gets ugly' thought went through Sam's head moments before she disengaged herself from Cassie and stood. Looking at Jack first she merely said. "We'll be right back.... Jack"

With a quick nod, Sam grabbed Janet's hand and crossed the floor heading for the same door Janet had just come through. As an after thought Janet called over her shoulder "Be right back honey... just need to talk too...."

That was all Cassie heard as Sam pulled Janet clear of the door. Smiling in the same fashion as her Mother, Cassie turned to Jack. "So Jack, what are we going to do today.... Hmmm let me think...." Jack was seriously starting to wonder about the sanity of the women in his house.

Sam stopped dragging the good Doctor across the room when she hit the stairs, turning she eyed Janet closely before she started to speak. "Janet... this is obviously not what your thinking... I can see what your thinking.. it's written all over your face.. my God you don't even attempt to hide it. Look at you!" Sam was grinning by the time she got to the end of her rant.

Janet could only laugh. "Sam, you have got to tell me... if you do, I'll tell you a secret as well....But only if you tell me first!"

Sam's interest was now peaked. "You have a secret... what kind of secret do you have Janet?" She wasn't sure if she should believe her or not. She had after all, played poker with her one a few occasions.

"One that pertains... trust me!" Janet shot back straightening her jacket at the same time. Sam sighed. She gave Janet the condensed version. Waking up, hockey jersey, good night kiss and now breakfast. Janet was not happy.

Sam waited for Janet to gather her thoughts for the onslaught of questions soon to follow. The wait was not surprisingly long. "Okay, nice condensed version by the way... you'll need to do better, but that we can do over lunch. For now, however, I have a few questions for you. Firstly you called him 'Jack' and if I'm not mistaken he smiled at the sound of it. Tell me Sam?" Sam could feel the color raise from her neckline, creeping slowly up her cheeks. Janet smiled. "That good huh Sam?"

"Janet, okay yes, that good. He told me too call him Jack since I was in his bed at the time and in his favorite jersey" To emphasize her point Sam grabs a piece of the jersey, pulling it out for effect.

Janet could see the happiness in Sam's eyes, hell who couldn't. 'And she talks about me' Janet thought. "Okay... that's nice, well go back to that later. Now, you did say Good Night Kiss right? He kissed you is that correct?"

Sam was reminded of the course she had to attend several years ago, which was required for all combat fighter pilots going to the Gulf. 'Interrogation 101'. Sam never cracked then, she certainly won't crack under Janet's scrutiny. No Sir, she was a Major, she was proud, she was strong, she was going to spill her guts. She knew it and worse yet Janet knew it as well. Hoping for some sort of reprieve, she told Janet she would meet her for lunch later this week.

Meanwhile back in the kitchen. things weren't going so well for our man Jack. No sir, not good at all. So far he was into Cassie for a new Barenaked Ladies CD, and his next two free Saturdays were now booked up, seems there is a plight of frogs that Cassie seems intent on saving. Frogs for Christ's sake. He agreed whole heartily, he really had no choice. He knew Cassie was getting to old to use his lame blackmail trick on, hell it didn't even work on Teal'c anymore. That should have told him something straight off. He had seen the photo. She pulled it out only briefly. He knew she had him, worse yet she knew it too. Jack squirmed.

Janet and Sam entered the kitchen once again, Sam looked flushed, 'she also looks beautiful' Jack thought to himself, smiling at the women before speaking. "Well well, Janet you have a real peach her on your hands...." Jack was smiling down at Cassie now. Janet knew Cassie put the thumb screws to him. She couldn't wait to hear what Cassie came up with as form of torture. Janet had a talk with her on the short drive over, explaining to Cassie the difference between something starting out as fun and ending up hurting someone you care for. Janet was pretty sure Cassie understood but, just in case they would go over it again on the way to the base.

"Cassie honey, are you ready to go, I'm running out of time and you still want to stop at the mall" Sam and Jack shared a glance before turning to Janet and Cassie.

Jack spoke first. "I thought we were doing something today Cassie...?"

Cassie sees her opening and turns on the charm. "Jack, Mom said I had to leave this day open for you... in case something came up.... Right Mom?" Cassie smiled sweetly at her Mother.

Janet's mouth dropped open. "Ahh yeah honey... that's exactly what I said...." Sam was watching the shocked looked on Janet's face, as she rolled her eyes upwards before heading out of the room. Jack followed closely behind, he caught up with Cassie as they reached the door.

"Cassie... Ahhh can I borrow that photo for the day... I promise I'll give it back to you okay...Come on I promised"

Cassie knew pleading when she heard it. She laughed before handing her precious Polaroid over to Jack. "Okay, but you promised, I get it back right Jack?"

Jack was nodding. "Yes Cassie you'll get this back... Thanks" Jack pulled Cassie into a warm hug, before letting her go, watching as Janet and Cassie clasped hands and headed towards their car. Janet could be heard laughing as Jack closed the door. Turning, Jack headed back towards the kitchen and Sam.

"Hey Sam... how much do you remember of last night.... early last night I mean over at Janet's House?" Jack looked nervous, yet he was still smiling.

'This can't be good' was the thought running through Sam's mind currently. "Ahhhh... well I had a great sleep I know that... and I remember ... Ahh nothing, I was totally out of it" Looking at Jack now, Sam was definitely getting that 'nervous' vibe.. definitely. "Why Jack...?"

Sam's turn to raise an eyebrow, 'She always raises her right... God, I love that' Jack thought before concentrating at the conversation at hand.

"Well.... you remember that Polaroid Camera Teal'c bought Cassie for her birthday earlier this year...?" Jack waited for Sam to acknowledge with a nod before continuing. "Well.... I thought I was dreaming, I heard a flash go off... well .... It wasn't exactly a dream" Sam's mouth had dropped opened. She suddenly didn't look so well. Jack watched as the color slowly left her face. "Sam, it's not that bad... really it's only a Polaroid here take a look for yourself" Jack slid the photo over to Sam, who had finally managed to close her mouth. She did however, still appear a nasty shade of white.

Sam's palms felt sweaty as she reached out for the photo which had landed face down on the table. Taking one last look at her Colonel before picking up the photo and flipping it over. A beautiful smile spread across her face as Jack looked on, relief washing over him, he hadn't realized he had been holding his breath. 'Okay good she hasn't lost it, in fact she looks damn happy... Now this I'll take as a good sign' Jack thought to himself.

"Sam.... you okay?" Jack had his head lowered now, his face very close to Sam's own.

Sam blinked. "Jack... Cassie took this.. why.... no wait I have a better question, What did this cost you... the photo I mean?" Sam was smiling, a new shine to her blue eyes.

"Sam, how do you feel about saving frogs?" Jack could only grin, as he leaned in and captured Sam's soft lips with his own.



The End...