samandjack.net

Story Notes: Thoughts - Comments: Thanks to Wendy G for suggesting an episode and causing me to reorganise the whole story :> I apologise in advance to anyone who disagrees with the way in which I have interpreted the episodes you're welcome to tell me what you thought, but no flames please. Also thanks to the Sam and Jack list because it's their dicussions that make me watch episodes in so much detail . And to Dustdevil for beta-ing this and encouraging me to continue :-) Hope you enjoy it.

Copyright (c) Elise Hudson, January 2000


Colonel Jack O'Neill



We're stood in the white padded cell that Daniel has been locked up in. He has some sort of schizophrenia due to excessive gate travel. I don't buy it, although his little jumping over me the other night was kinda freaky.

He's going on about footsteps as he tries to hug the wall. If he tries to get any closer to the wall I swear he'll be in it. Anyway I glance over at Sam and I can see how much she is hurting. Her eyes are brimming with tears and I want to help her.

And how do I do that? Well, while she's stood there upset and in obvious anguish I stand there shouting in frustration at Daniel. He's hearing footsteps and I shout in frustration something about there not being any footsteps. It's not that he's annoying me, it's more that it's easier for me to hide my true feelings. I'm upset too, I hate seeing Daniel like this - slowly losing his mind.

My eyes flicker up at her and the tears in her eyes nearly break my heart. I tell her to get the doctors and she nods. She turns and moves toward the door and I turn back to Daniel. That's when he pounces.

Daniel springs forward in an attempt to get Sam. Teal'c catches him, but I can see the hurt in her eyes. The doctors arrive and we leave. Sam can't get out of the room fast enough.



*****



We're back on the base now and Sam and I have just exited the elevator. She's all military again. Any tears that had threatened to escape her eyes are now well and truly hidden. It isn't that she no longer cares it's because she has to hide those feelings when under the military's eye.

She speaks and I answer her in a disconnected type of way. She obviously wants to discuss what's going on with Daniel, but how do I reply? I say, "Yeah, there's nothing like losing your mind and knowing it." Do I have to be such a... such a man? I could have said something nice and comforting. I could have tried to help her, but no Jack O'Neill can't be sensitive.

We turn as Teal'c stumbles. We help him up and take him off to the infirmary. Sweet! Could this day get any worse?



*****



We're all stood around Teal'c in the infirmary and we're all okay. Daniel's 'schizophrenia' was cured because the doctors were wrong. Carter, Fraiser and I were infected with this thing, but Carter held the cure so she cured us. She just keeps on saving my life and I have no idea how to thank her.

To make matters worse, while infected with these inventions of Machello's, (Yes, Machello was back - sort of) I could have said or done anything to embarrass myself or admit something to her. I hope to God that I didn't, especially not with the General right in the other room.

I spoke to her as we made our way to the infirmary and she claims that I didn't say nor do anything, but she could just be reversing the 'tank-top' thing on me. I hope not.

It's been another day in the life of SG-1 and as usual everything will go back to normal. Daniel will go home to dream of Sha're's return. Teal'c will go off and do... whatever it is he does. Sam will go home and come up with some new brilliant idea still oblivious to my feelings for her and I'll go home and wish that Sam did know how I feel.

Maybe tonight my wish will come true.



********************************************************

End