samandjack.net

Story Notes: Thoughts - Comments: Thanks to Wendy G for suggesting an episode and causing me to reorganise the whole story :> I apologise in advance to anyone who disagrees with the way in which I have interpreted the episodes you're welcome to tell me what you thought, but no flames please. Also thanks to the Sam and Jack list because it's their dicussions that make me watch episodes in so much detail . And to Dustdevil for beta-ing this and encouraging me to continue :-) Hope you enjoy it.

Copyright (c) Elise Hudson, January 2000


Colonel Jack O'Neill



Well this is just sweet. I am currently kneeling on the floor of a large throne-type room with the rest of SG-1 beside me and some guy walking towards us. Daniel just keeps on getting into trouble doesn't he? He just *had* to go and rescue that girl who was trying to kill herself.

This guy approaches us and grabs Sam's chin. He jerks her head upwards to look at her face and then runs a hand through her hair. I can't explain this feeling that runs through me, but it makes my blood boil. If he hurts her I swear it I'll kill him. I don't know why I get this possessive over her. It started just after the Jolinar thing. That was when I really began to think about her as more than just my junior officer and sometimes I really wish I hadn't realised a thing.

The guy asks a question and I see my chance. I answer his question and divert his attention from her. He turns to me and leaves Sam alone, but before a get a chance to thank some God for saving her this Pyrus guy sends us to the mines.

Sweet!



*****



I watch as a trail of prisoners are led into the room. A guard then approaches the four of us and removes our ankle chains. As mine are undone I glance at Teal'c and he knows what I'm thinking. I attack the guard, before he gets the chance to free Daniel, and Teal'c joins in the attack. Sam also instantly jumps into action. I didn't even need to tell her or exchange a look with her. Am I that easy to predict?

I shout a command to get out of here and as Sam runs passed me a place a hand on her shoulder. I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it was to steady her as she stood, maybe it was to reassure her that she was going to be okay, or maybe it was to reassure myself that she was safe. It goes back to the whole being protective of her thing. I left her behind before and Jolinar took over her mind. I'm not leaving her behind anywhere ever again.

As Daniel runs through the tunnel it collapses on him. I shout at Carter to go and she protests. A brief thought runs through my mind that maybe she doesn't want to leave me, but then I realise she doesn't want to leave Danny. I order her to leave. I won't let her get caught, I won't let her come to anymore harm and plus if she escapes she can come and rescue me and Danny.

It's too late. The guards have surrounded us and Daniel is still trapped under all of this rock.

Sweet!



*****



I hit the rock again with my tool more out of frustration than anything else. It was my stupid plan that led to us being recaptured and to Daniel being hurt, possibly even dead this time. To make matters worse Sam is standing beside me trying to reassure me that I did what I had to. She's trying to comfort me and I snap at her.

Why do people under my command always get hurt? Last year Kawalski got infected with a Gou'ald larvae while under my command. I even gave the order for him to be killed. A few weeks ago Sam got infected with a Gou'ald larvae, but her fate was different to that of Kawalski and now Daniel is probably dead. Three people all injured while under my command. Am I jinxed or what?



*****



Man am I thirsty. It's a good job some boy is here handing me a cup of water. I drink it and don't even care about the large amount that dribbles down my chin. I pass it onto Sam who is sat quietly next to me. She doesn't take it from me so I turn to her to see what's the matter. She's asleep. She's fallen asleep while sitting up and I wish I could sleep for days. That's how tired I am.

Under other circumstances I may have let her continue sleeping, but I shove the drink towards her and she startles awake. She's jabbering about Jolinar, the Tok'ra and kalesh. Teal'c explains what a Kalesh is and Sam tells me that we need to get out of here and now. I agree with her totally. It was one thing for us to be trapped in these mines working until we died while Daniel was with Shyla having a feast in his honour. It was one thing for him to turn totally dark side on us, but to cause this to happen to Sam... Well that's the last straw. Sam can not handle being down here any longer and I intend to Daniel that. He has to realise what's happening to us and if he cares for Sam half as much as I do he'll let us go.



********************************************************

End