samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: jackiesfic@aol.com

Season: Season 7, after Fallen and Homecoming

Sequel: Part 19 of the In Demand series Previous parts are: In Demand, Momentum, Epidemic, See Jack Run, Classified, Prelude, Discoveries, Under Surveillance, T-Ball, Homerun, Good Things, Tell Her, Bad Days, Batteries, Bliss, Where You Lead, Phone Bills, and Just Another Sunday

Spoilers:Fallen and Homecoming

Archive: SJD, yes. Anyone else, please just ask.

Author's Notes: Season 7 has started and my muse is throwing so many ideas at me I feel like I'm playing dodge ball. Thus you get two parts of the series in one week, and I hopefully get a muse that will let me sleep one night before she gets all excited about tonight's new episode.

As always feed back craved!


Daniel was back. That knowledge caused a multitude of emotions and Sam was trying desperately to sort through how she felt. Overjoyed? Most definitely. Daniel's absence had left a hole in her life that would never be filled. Like having a twin, he'd been someone who had followed the same thought processes as she did, and as such they had developed a special bond. Confused? Yeah, a bit. With Jonas leaving and Daniel back, things were going to be a bit unsettled for a while, especially since Daniel wasn't quite all himself yet. Angry? There was an emotion she wouldn't have predicted feeling, but she certainly was.

She wasn't even sure whom she was angry at. It didn't seem fair to be mad at Daniel, but she had to admit that she was. When she'd found out that he had appeared to Jack in Ba'al's fortress and to Teal'c when he was fighting to keep himself and Bra'tac alive, she'd been angry. After all, he'd never bothered to let her know that he was alright, nor had he showed up to offer support when she'd been dying in Nirrti's prison. She'd already let Jack and Teal'c have a piece of her mind for not sharing their visions of Daniel. But she really wished she could talk to Daniel about it. Of course since he had no memory of his time ascended it wouldn't do much good.

She really didn't want to be mad at him anyway. Especially since he was wandering around looking almost as lost as when he'd come back after Shar're had been taken by Apophis. Better to be mad at Oma and the Others. They had offered Daniel what he had thought would be a better way, but as soon as he'd tried to really make a difference they had stopped him and cast him out.

With those thoughts in mind, she decided it was time to go visit her friend, and start getting things back to normal. They still had several hours until it was time to head out for Jack's planned team dinner, so she grabbed a couple of cups of fresh coffee and headed to Daniel's lab. She found him there sitting at the computer trying to logon. Of course his ID and password had long ago been revoked, and in the chaos of the last few days she was sure no one had thought to request a new one from him.

"Daniel, what are you up to?" she asked handing him a cup of his favorite brew.

"Oh, hi Sam. Mmmm, thanks! I wanted to pull up some of the mission reports for the last year. I've read through some of my journals on our past missions, but I wanted to get caught up on what I've missed," he replied staring at the screen as if it would provide him with everything he needed to know to make sense out of the last year.

"We'll need to get you a new ID and password," she commented. "In the mean time feel free to ask away," she added with a smile.

"I'll read all about the missions starting tomorrow. Why don't you fill me in on what I've missed in your personal lives," he suggested.

"Daniel, you know we have no personal lives," she teased. It was a long standing joke between them comparing who's love life was more pathetic. Sam had usually won simply by pointing out she was the only one to not have had any sex the entire time they had been on SG1. She was dying to tell him how all of that had changed, but she knew Jack would kill her if she did it without him. "I guess I'll have to start with Janet and Cassie as they actually do get out once in a while."

They chatted about Cassie and her various boyfriends, and the colleges that she had shown an interest in. Then she told him about Dray'auc dying, and how proud Teal'c was of Rya'c as he was turning into a fine warrior under Bra'tac's tutelage. She watched him closely as she related the tragic loss of a group of the Jaffa rebels during an ambush and how Teal'c and Bra'tac had lost their symbiotes to see if he showed any signs of remembering the events. He didn't.

"How's Jack been?" Daniel asked.

"He's had a tough year, why?" Sam asked curious to see if he had picked up on anything.

"He seems more at peace. He even has pictures of Charlie up in his locker now," Daniel commented.

"Yeah I know. He got stranded for a month on a moon with Maybourne – it's a long story, you'll need to read the mission report. A lot changed after he got back. I guess he had a lot of time to think," Sam replied feeling bad she couldn't blurt out the whole story.

"What about you, Sam? What have you been up to?" he asked.

"Oh, you know. The usual. I helped save Earth once, I got another snake in the head for a few minutes, I almost died," she quipped not realizing how much like Jack she sounded.

Daniel was looking at her in concern. "Sam, I think I need to know about each of those in a bit more detail," he admonished.

Just then an announcement over the intercom called her to the control room.

"Daniel, we'll talk more tonight. Plan on staying over at the Colonel's house. The four of us can get all caught up," she promised as she headed out to see what the current emergency was.

Two hours later, after having corrected an error in the dialing program so that SG6 could head out on their mission as planned, Sam stopped back in Daniel's lab to remind him it was almost time to go. Just as she expected he was engrossed in reading.

"Daniel! You don't have to get all caught up tonight," she chastised. "Go change into some civies and meet us in the Colonel's office in fifteen minutes."

"Alright," he said putting the report in his in-box and raising his hands in defeat. "Since when did you start leaving on time anyway?" he complained.

It was on the tip of her tongue to retort that it was ever since she had something to go home to, but she stopped in time. "Fifteen minutes," she warned and headed off to get changed herself. Jack came in just as she was leaving their quarters and wrapped his arms around her with a groan.

"I've been in the budget meeting from hell," he moaned.

"Are you all ready to leave?" she asked.

"I need to change. Unless you want to take me to bed and make me forget all about the appropriations committee and requisition forms," he suggested with wagging eyebrows.

"We're going out to dinner with Teal'c and Daniel, remember?" she cautioned as his lips nuzzled her neck.

"They can wait. I thought we were working on a baby," he cajoled.

"We can't officially start for another week," she reminded him.

"We need to practice," he said trying to distract her with his hands.

"Jack O'Neill," she scolded pushing his hands away. "You are incorrigible. Now get changed and we'll meet you in your office," she said giving him a swift kiss "We'll have plenty of time to practice this weekend," she promised as she escaped out the door.

She was the first to arrive, but Daniel was only a minute behind her. He moved a stack of files off of the desk chair and plopped down looking at Jack's desk in dismay.

"It's nice to see some things never change," he chuckled. Then he spotted the picture sitting on the back corner. "Although I think that's new," he commented raising his eyebrows.

The picture was of Sam from their wedding. She was standing in the garden where the ceremony had taken place bathed in sunlight. Her dress was white, but there was not really anything else to indicate the occasion. Except of course for the huge smile on her face. She quickly shoved her left hand in her jacket pocket to keep from giving away the whole thing. Then tried to distract him.

"Yeah, it's fairly new. So, where did you want to eat?" she asked innocently.

Just then Jack walked in. "Everybody here but T?" he asked.

"I am here O'Neill," Teal'c commented from behind him in the doorway.

"Good, let's head out," Jack said waving his two teammates to go ahead of him.

Daniel stood up but didn't move from his place in front of the desk. He looked at the picture, then at Sam who was avoiding his eyes, then to Jack who was looking at him in confusion.

"Um, Jack?" he inquired. "Why do you have a picture of Sam in your office?"

Jack paused and moved into the room so that Teal'c could enter. A small smile lit his features as he looked at Sam's picture.

"Lot's of men keep pictures of their wives on their desks, Danny," he replied moving over to wrap an arm around Sam.

She rested her head on Jack's shoulder and watched for the exact moment that Daniel got it.

"You and Sam? Married?" he exclaimed.

"Six months ago," Sam admitted raising her left had to show her rings.

"Oh wow, this is so great!" Daniel declared pulling Sam into a hug. "Isn't it great Teal'c?"

"It is indeed, Daniel Jackson. It was an event that greatly pleased all of us," Teal'c confirmed.

"Jack, congratulations," Daniel said shaking his friend's hand. "I'm sure I don't have to tell you how lucky you are."

The group eventually moved towards the elevators as Daniel questioned them to get all of the details.

"So how did you get Hammond let you both stay on SG1? he inquired as they entered the elevator.

"Different rules for married officers," Jack began, explaining the sequence of events that had led to them getting married without breaking any regs.

"This is wonderful. You two get to be together and we can go on as a team," Daniel said happily.

"For now," Sam confirmed. "But soon I'll probably be breaking up SG1 anyway," she added.

Daniel was confused. There was no reason for Sam to leave SG1, unless she was getting her own command. "Why?" he asked.

Sam and Jack looked at each other and smiled.

The end