samandjack.net

Story Notes: AUTHOR: Tropical, autumngirl300@hotmail.com

SPOILERS: None I can think of. Set in Season 6.

ARCHIVE: SJD, yes. Heliopolis, Go Suck a Lemon website. Others please ask ;)

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Feedbacks is really appreciated :)


Jack stood by his locker, putting away his BDUs and pulling on his winter coat. It was only a couple of days from Christmas and all SGC personnel were given two weeks of downtime. Jack was more than happy to get ready to leave the base and enjoy one of the year's most important and beautiful holiday... that is only when he'd come back from spending his entire day at the mall, since he hadn't bought any Christmas gifts yet.

A few minutes later he made his way out of the Locker Room and headed towards the elevators. He was surprised to see Teal'c standing side by side with Jonas.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?"

"Major Carter invited me and Teal'c to go shopping with her today. She thinks it's a good way to learn about Christmas" Jonas could hardly control his excitement. This was going to be his first Christmas, and he wanted to know everything about it.

Jack simply raised his eyebrows, "Oh? Didn't she tell you shopping is extremely boring?"

"She said it was extremely fun and exciting" Jonas continued, entering the elevator. Jack snorted and followed his team-mates, "So, where exactly is Carter?" he changed the subject, his eyes roaming the numbers on the elevator panel.

"She's gone warming the car"

"Carter's giving you luxury, eh?"

"huh?"

"Never mind", Jack sighed and the elevator doors opened. The three men stepped out and were greeted by a soft, yet cold winter wind.

"I love winter" Jonas breathed as he watched the snowflakes fall gently from the sky. Jack chuckled, "It ain't fun when you have to shovel" he quipped and saw Sam making her way towards them.

"Shovel?" Jonas ask.

"Never mind"

"Hey, guys!" She smiled as she joined them, "The car is right over there if you want to go sit right away" she pointed to the only headlights that was visible through the curtain of snow.

"I think that's a good idea" Jonas' teeth already started to chatter. Sam chuckled and watched as Jonas and Teal'c hurried themselves to her car. She turned around to face her CO and smiled.

"Going home, sir?"

"Actually... no" he stammered, struggling his shoulders.

"Oh...?"

"Shopping!" He quickly added, "Yeah, the only pain in the toe about holidays is shopping"

"Don't think like that, sir"

"Ha ha! Jonas already told me about your fascination with shopping, Carter. I think it's in a woman's blood, it's natural for them. For men, it's just one big thud at the end of the month when you receive the bills"

Sam giggled and shook her head, "I'm sure you don't think that, sir... at least not all of it. Why don't you come with us? It might be less dull with friends"

That would have been a moment if that 'sir' wouldn't have come and ruin everything. A sudden burst of music killed the silence in the parking lot, making both Sam and Jack glance to her car. The music lowered and Jonas peeked out of the backseat window

"Sorry!"

Sam sighed and glanced back to Jack, "I better go before they cost me another set of speakers" Jack nodded his head but wasn't really listening. It hadn't really hit him until now how adorable she looked with her pink cheeks and twinkling eyes. He found himself calling out for her, making her stop and face him once again.

"You have an extra seat in that car?" he quipped, grinning.

"Yes, sir. We have" she smiled.

As he opened the passenger door, the warmth of the car was more than welcoming. Jonas and Teal'c were sitting in the back, lip singing song Christmas music playing on the radio. At least Jonas was.

"Colonel O'Neill will be joining us today" Sam said as she turned on the engine.

Jonas leaned closer to them and glanced to one another, "I thought he said he hated shopping?"

"I do"

"Then why are you here?"

"Carter promised me coffee" he smirked, smiling at his second in command. Sam decided to play along as she moved her car from the parking lot on to the deserted streets.

"Actually, the colonel agreed on something too" she started.

"What?" Jonas and Jack replied in unison before sharing an awkward look.

"He'll be wearing a Santa hat while drinking it" she finished with a giggle.

"He did?" Jonas gasped.

"I did not!" Jack protested, casting Sam a glare. She answered him with a smile and he argued no further. He felt himself relax despite her idea of putting a Santa hat on his head. It might have been a funny thing to see on Teal'c but on him? Never!

The trip to the shopping mall was calm and comforting. Jack laid back in his seat and silently watched the white landscape through the window. Usually he was the one behind the wheel, eyes glued to the road and nowhere else. The car was drowned by Christmas songs Jonas had previously borrowed from Janet, giving the atmosphere a much more comfortable place to be in.

"What do you have to buy, Sam?" Jonas broke the silence, making Jack turn his head to look at Sam, waiting for her answer.

"Well, I need a new dress for starters. I also need to pick up a certain someone's gift" she grinned, glancing to Jack before on the road.

His curiousity was now peeked.

"What gift?"

"I can't tell you, sir" Sam answered laughing.

"Aw come on, you know me and surprises" he reminded her.

"Well, you'll just have to give me one of those lectures of yours, because I am not telling you anything" she replied, slowing her car as she arrived in the shopping mall's parking lot. It was crowded with last minute shoppers, and Sam was starting to wonder if they'll be able to find a parking space.

"Spoilsport" Jack groused, sitting back in his seat.

"Am not!" she answered smiling, rolling her eyes.

It took her less than 20 minutes to find a parking space. Much to everyone's pleasure. The team stepped out of the car, all sighing relief as they stretched out. Jack hurried his footsteps until he reached Sam's side and followed her in the mall.

"You're not coming with me, sir"

"And why not?"

"You will not see your present before Christmas, sir!" she couldn't believe how this man could be so persistent when he wanted to know something. Jack groaned and looked back at Jonas and Teal'c slowly walking in. Their eyes were as wide as their mouth, staring in amazement at the decorated mall. Trees laid in every corners, each decorated differently. The walls and even the ceiling was decorated with balloons and other shining ornaments.

"Enjoying the view?" Jack teased, hardly able to contain his own laugh.

"Are you kidding? This place is amazing" Jonas gasped.

"Which is why I ask, will you two be fine out here on your own?" Sam ask seriously.

"Aw of course they will, Carter!" Jack answered for them and gave Teal'c a friendly tap on the shoulder, "Teal'c will keep an eye on him, won't ya Teal'c?"

He was answered by a raised eyebrow, soon followed by the usual bow of his head, "I will keep both eyes on him, Major Carter" he promised.

"You have my cell number if anything happens" she smiled.

"We do!" Jonas beamed.

"Ok, I guess we'll see each other here in an hour to an hour and a half then"

"I want to know, Carter!" Jack warned her.

"Go shopping, Colonel" Sam laughed and walked away. Jack breathed in displeasure and turned around to Teal'c and Jonas only to find them already gone.

"Bye to you too" he sarcastically said to himself and walked in the only direction no one had taken.

Jack had no idea what to buy for any of his team-mates. He couldn't buy any books to neither Teal'c or Jonas, chances might be they already had it. Sam was also going to be a huge problem, without forgetting Cassandra...

Oh yeah, he was in for a ride.

-~-

Sam absolutely hated shopping for a dress!

Nothing fitted well on her.

It cost too much.

There was nothing she liked.

Sigh.

She spent her last hour trying on dresses that would make the dead turn around in their graves. She exited every shop with the same look of annoyance and frustration on her face. She really hoped the next few dresses she was about to try on was going to fit, otherwise the dress she wore last year might just do the trick again for this year.

Her patience was seriously growing thin.

Walking with a few dresses in the cabin, she closed and locked the door before letting out a breath of relief. The cubicle was small but comforting enough to spend a few minutes of peace and relaxation. She reopened her eyes and began trying on a new dress.

Blue.

Spaghetti straps.

Long.

She smiled.

She was turning around to admire the dress in the mirror when her cell phone started to ring. She frowned worriedly at the possibility that Jonas and Teal'c might have ended up somewhere in trouble.

"Hello?"

"Hello"

Sam smiled despite her tiredness when she recognized the casual voice at the end of the telephone.

"Is there a problem, sir?"

"I need to know!" he started desperately.

"Colonel you didn't call me for that, did you?" she gasp.

He sighed, "No, unfortunately not. I need some options for Cassie's gift"

"What did you think of so far?" she ask, turning around herself, staring at her reflection through the mirror. For some reason she really loved this dress. She was never a fan of long dresses, but this one was something else.

"Music, jewelleries, books..." he trailed off.

"Jewelleries is a good idea, sir. I know she love wearing bracelets"

Suddenly there was a knock on the cabin's door where Sam was, quickly followed by a female voice.

"Does this dress interest you, ma'am?"

Jack frowned at the end of the line, "Carter?"

"Yes, sir?"

"Ma'am?"

"Yes?"

"Carter?"

"Colonel, wait a second" she breathed and pulled the phone away from her ears.

"I'll take this dress" she answered the woman standing on the other side of the door.

"Excellent choice!" the woman beamed and walked away.

"Sorry, sir"

"Am I interrupting anything?"

"No, not anymore anyways" she joked, taking one last look at herself through the mirror.

"Shopping for a dress?"

"Erm, yes"

"Wearing one now?"

Sam blushed "Yes, sir. I am"

"Ok, turn around a bit. Ok, now the other way..."

Sam let out a laugh, no doubt taking several customers' attention throughout the store.

"It's perfect, Carter!" Jack's words were serious despite his smile.

"I'm glad you like it, sir" Sam played along, leaning her back against the cold wall of the cabin.

"You said bracelet, right?" Jack came back on topic, finally standing in front of a jewellery store.

"Yes, sir. Nothing gold though, she prefers silver"

"Thanks for your help, Carter"

"You're welcome, sir. Do you think Jonas and Teal'c are alright?"

"Of course they are! Besides, as long as Teal'c's around, nothing's gonna happen"

"I guess you're right" Sam breathed.

"I'll see you later then"

"Yes, sir. Bye"

She hung up and stood motionless for a few seconds. She was far too embarrassed to exit the cabin. Slowly taking off her dress, she began to put on her own clothes. Putting her cell phone back in her coat pocket, she gathered the dresses in her arms and took a deep breath before opening the door.

-~-

Jonas and Teal'c were already waiting by the entrance when Jack arrived. He could hardly believe his eyes at the sight of so many bags filled with books lying by their feet.

"Hi!" Jonas greeted him.

"I see you enjoyed yourselves" Jack raised an eyebrow before putting down his own bags.

"Oh you couldn't believe how much fun it was, Colonel! We went at the library and all the fascinating books they have over there? Amazing! Plus we went shopping for Teal'c"

Jack glanced to Teal'c in surprise, "Really? What did you buy?"

"Hats, O'Neill" the jaffa answered, raising the bag full of hats. Jack shook his head in disbelief and smiled.

"Carter isn't here yet?"

"Nope. She called us and said she was going to run a little late"

"Why didn't she call me?"

"Because it was related to your gift. She didn't want to trigger your inner child again"

Jack laughed, "And had she said anything related to my gift?" he ask casually, hoping Jonas would give away whatever it was.

"Major Carter has forbidden us to say anything related to your gift, O'Neill"

"Typical, Carter" he groaned.

"Typical me of what, sir?" came a voice behind them, making everyone turn around to see Sam walking towards them.

"Oh nothing, Carter. Just chit-chatting with the guys here"

"Be nice if you want your present, Colonel" Sam playfully warned, dropping her bags in front of her. Jack gave her a sloppy salute, "Yes, ma'am"

"So you guys ready?"

"I thought maybe we'll get a bite before going back on base? I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to get hungry" Jonas frowned, stroking his empty stomach.

"There's no problem with me, I could use a bite myself" Sam agreed, catching her CO slowly leaning forward, trying to see what laid in her bags resting by her feet.

"What about you, sir?" she smiled, catching him off guard.

"Erm, what?" he snapped his head upward, catching everyone staring at him. Had he missed something?

"Are you hungry?"

"Oh yeah... yeah" he stammered.

"Ok, then that's settled. First I think it would be best to put all these bags in the trunk instead of carrying them around"

"Yeah, some are getting heavy" Jack complained, taking once again his bags and followed Sam out of the mall. As Jonas and Teal'c helped Sam put all the bags in her trunk, Jack calmly paced behind. Shopping was definitely not for him! It was cold, he was hungry, Jonas was talking too much and Teal'c wasn't talking enough.

"We're finished and ready to go!" he heard Jonas speak from behind. He turned around only to come face to face with Teal'c and Jonas wearing a Santa hat.

"Sam bought one for each one of us!" Jonas beamed, enjoying every second of it. Jack groaned and quickly turned around only to come face to face with a smiling Sam.

"You didn't think you'd run away, did you sir?" she smiled.

"I don't run from anything" Jack snorted, his eyes lowering to her hands holding a...... Santa hat.

"Carter..."

"Coffee, sir?"

"Very funny"

"Come on... there's one for everyone" she grinned, holding it out to him.

"I'm not wearing this!"

"Sure you are!"

"Where's yours?"

"In my bag"

"Show it to me" he ordered. Sam chuckled at his childish attitude and took out her own hat.

"Now put it on!"

"Sir, you're not... embarrassed to put on a Santa hat, are you?" she ask, pulling on her own and smiled proudly.

"I'm not embarrassed!" he defended on a sarcastic tone, "I don't look good in a Santa hat!"

"If Teal'c looks good in one then you have nothing to worry about, sir" Sam teased, stretching her hand out to him, "Come on, at least try it on!"

Jack inwardly groaned and took the hat from her hands. It was easy for her to say, she looked adorable in any kind of hat! Sighing, he finally pulled the thing on and glared at her.

"There, are ya happy?"

Sam grinned and nodded her head in approval, "Definitely. See? It wasn't torture, sir"

"It is when you have to wear it in the middle of a busy parking lot!" he groused.

"How about coffee now, sir?"

"Am I allowed to take the hat off first?"

"Of course not!"

Jack argued no further, knowing arguing with her was as hard as getting Apophis to stay dead. He waited until Teal'c and Jonas left with Sam before turning quickly to her car and looking at his reflection through the glass. Unfortunately for him, he also caught the reflection of a man behind him getting into his car winking at him.

"Carter!" he growled loudly, walking away quickly.

While Sam and Jonas ordered some coffee and snacks, Teal'c and Jack wandered around to get a table. Jack glanced suspiciously around, feeling everyone's eyes on him. Once finding their seats, he quickly sat down and pulled off his coat. With one last look around, he turned back to face Teal'c's amused features.

"What?"

"Nothing, O'Neill"

"Aw come on, Teal'c. Even a blind man could see your lips curling a centimetre more than usual!"

"I am simply enjoying this holiday" he clarified his point.

"It's the hat, isn't it!" Jack hissed quietly like a paranoid madman.

"It is not the hat, O'Neill"

"Yes it is!"

"It is not!"

"Yes! It is!"

"Hey guys, we brought back a few donuts" Sam interrupted them and laid the food tray between Jack and Teal'c before sitting down. Jonas handed Teal'c his cup of hot chocolate milk and quickly grabbed a donut. He loved Christmas. Unlike with what happened at Halloween, how could he have known it was people in disguise? He seriously thought Earth was being invaded by strange aliens.

When Sam and Jack sunk deep in a conversation and Teal'c admired people walking, Jonas took out one book he couldn't leave behind in Sam's car.

Christmas and its Origins.

He wanted to be prepared for everything. Know all the traditions and where they came from. Under only a few minutes, he was already concentrated on what he was reading.

"Oh, gee! I think I forgot something in one of my bags!" Jack let out a groan.

"What's that?" Sam ask, taking a sip of her coffee.

"It's, erm... it's something I can't tell you!"

"Colonel, if you're going to ask me for my car keys, that's ok. But if your intentions are to find your gift, it's not in the car" she winked.

"Where is it?" he ask confused.

"On me"

"You?"

Sam blushed and shook her head, "Not *me*, sir! It's in my pocket!"

"It's small" Jack started, leaning towards her in hope to see something.

"You'll like it" Sam said full sure of herself.

"And how sure are you I'm going to like it?" He challenged.

"Because I know you, sir! And you won't get me to say *any* details related to your gift. I suggest you use your strength somewhere else"

"Arm wrestle. I win, I get to see! I loose... I wait until Christmas"

"No arm wrestles, sir" Sam laughed and shook her head, "You wait for Christmas and that's final!"

"Spoilsport" Jack repeated his earlier words.

"I know"

"Please?"

"No!"

"One peek"

"No"

Jonas raised his head from his book to watch his two team-mates in front of him. It was unusual of them to act so... so... like this. Smiling, teasing and laughing all the time. Without forgetting the flirting.

Maybe it was something in the coffee.

Teal'c didn't seem to notice anything, so this might be something he got used to over the years.

Maybe there was something between them no one was allowed to see.

They weren't making a good job at hiding it, he though before looking back down in his book.

"So, Colonel. What are you bringing for Christmas?" Sam changed the topic, taking a bite in her donut.

"Well, let's see.... myself and, erm... myself" he stammered.

"She didn't ask you to bring anything?"

"Nope!"

"Sir, would you do me a favour?" she started as sweetly as she could, making Jack roll his eyes.

"Wearing the hat isn't enough?"

Sam smiled but shook her head, "It's nothing like that, sir. Janet asked me to bring some snacks and the beer. But after everything I bought today, one of them would be enough"

"What do you want me to bring?"

"Let's say... the beer?" she smiled hopefully.

"No problem, Carter. Here I was, terrified to death, you'd ask me to sing a Christmas song" he breathed.

"That wouldn't be a bad idea, sir" Sam giggled, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Don't even think of going there, Carter! God knows how many beers I'd have to bring to knock all of you out!" he warned.

Jonas suddenly raised his eyes from his book and leaned closer to his friends, "This book is truly amazing!" he gasped, "It explains in detail every Christmas traditions. Did you know that Mistletoe means dung-on-a-twig?"

Both Sam and Jack stopped all movement to stare at the young alien on the opposite side of them.

"What on *Earth* did you just say?" Jack gasped.

"The common name of the plant is derived from the ancient belief that mistletoe was propagated from bird droppings. This belief was related to the principle that life could spring spontaneously from dung. It was observed in ancient times that mistletoe would often appear on a branch or twig where birds had left droppings. 'Mistel' is the Anglo-Saxon word for "dung," and "tan" is the word for "twig". So, mistletoe means 'dung-on-a-twig'" Jonas finished proudly.

"I thought a mistletoe was meant to be... I don't know... a little more romantic? Now I don't know what to think anymore" Sam whispered.

"Isn't it fascinating? I mean, even you two didn't know!"

"Yeah, well, maybe it's just normal *not* to know about this sort of thing" Jack grimaced, putting down his own donut.

"But it is meant to be romantic too, Sam" Jonas continued. Jack desperately looked around for any sign of the bathroom, so he could run away from this discussion.

"Kissing under the mistletoe is first found associated with the Greek festival of Saturnalia and later with primitive marriage rites. Mistletoe was believed to have the power of bestowing fertility, and the dung from which the mistletoe was thought to arise was also said to have 'life-giving' power"

"I'll never look at a mistletoe the same way ever again" Sam breathed.

"You can say that again!" Jack grimaced in disgust.

"I find this very interesting!" Jonas protested, closing the book. Teal'c raised an eyebrow but said nothing. Sometimes Earth cultures were just too weird to understand.

Sam glanced at her watch and decided it was time to head back to the base. Clearing the table of the mess they had made, everyone grabbed their coats and headed towards Sam's car.

"Hey, Carter. Pass me the keys, I'll drive to the SGC" Jack stopped by her car to face her.

"Is this another one of your tricks to get me to tell you about your present, sir?" Sam ask warily. Jack chuckled and shook his head.

"No, this is about a gentleman offering to drive so this certain woman can rest a little"

Sam studied him longer than intended before reaching in her pockets for her keys and giving them to him.

"Thank you, sir"

"You're welcome!" he grinned and unlocked the driver's door.

The trip back to the SGC was fairly quiet. Everyone was exhausted from their day and used the ride for relaxation. Jack absently glanced in the rear-view mirror, catching sight of the Santa hat still resting on his head.

He smiled.

He had to admit, he enjoyed his day more than he let on. Wearing the hat seemed completely insane a few hours ago but now, it just made everything worth it. Spending time with Sam off-base was something he always looked forward to. He always wanted to know more and more about her and that wasn't going to happen as long as they were stuck deep down underground with the ranks practically printed on their foreheads.

Even though the regulations and military ranks were still there, he had seen more of Sam than he had in the last few years.

And he loved it.

Maybe a little *too* much.

How fun would it be if everyday would be like today? Sam was happy. He was happy. What else could they possibly ask more?

He glanced at Sam sitting in the passenger seat, her head turned to face the window. He looked back on the road and sigh.

Maybe this question was better left unanswered. For a little while longer anyways.

Once back at the SGC, Jack unlocked the trunk for Jonas and Teal'c to grab their bags. After taking his own, he shut the trunk and faced Sam and the others.

"Thanks for the day, Sam!" Jonas smiled and looked at Teal'c as he nodded in agreement.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, guys. See you at Janet's party?"

Jonas nodded and walked away toward the elevators with Teal'c. Once out of sight, she glanced back to her commanding officer, lost in his thoughts.

"Are you ok, sir?" she ask slightly concerned.

Jack snapped out of his daydreams and nodded quickly, "Sorry, I was just... thinking of what you could possibly buy me that would fit in your pocket" he smiled.

He lied.

He couldn't quite tell her the entire truth. He wasn't even suppose to think of her in any other way than his second in command. But he knew well enough that stage was long gone.

Sam shook her head, amused "Stop working yourself for nothing, sir. I won't give it to you until it's Christmas"

"Fine, fine, fine!" he surrendered, "It was worth another try anyways"

"Of course it was" Sam echoed sarcastically, earning a smile from him.

"Will I see... the hat at Janet's party?"

"I'd have to bring more than a couple of cases of beers" he winked. Sam giggled and nodded.

"If you have to, sir" she grinned back.

Sam started pulling her coat tighter around herself. It wasn't exactly summer out here and not that she didn't enjoy spending time with him, she was starting to barely feel her feet.

"I better go now. I'll see you later, sir"

"Right! Talk to you later, Carter"

She waved and walked out of sight.

Jack made his way to his own truck and tried to unlock the driver's door with little success. Frowning, he took a step back to get a good view if the car was really his.

It was.

He tried once again but nothing happened.

He looked down at the keys he held in his hands and it hit him as quick as a bug hitting the windshield. These weren't his keys. They were Sam's.

"Damn" he breathed, looking down at his bags standing by his feet, to the elevators further away. He couldn't wait for her. God knew how long he was going to wait. Once in her lab it was hard getting her to come out.

Grabbing his bags, he made his way to the young airman standing by the elevators.

"Airman, would you do me a favour?"

"Yes, sir. What is it, sir?"

"Keep a look on my bags, I need to speak to someone and I'll be right back"

The airman nodded and watched the Colonel walk in the elevators.

As Jack exited on the other side of the elevators, he glanced around the empty hallways. It was highly unusual to see the SGC as deserted as this. He smiled when he saw several decorations hanging from the walls and ceiling.

That was all Jonas' idea. To create an enjoyable atmosphere to work in before the Christmas break. Hammond had clearly warned him not to put anything near the Stargate. Jonas said he didn't need to, the walls were enough to place whatever he had in mind.

Jack finally neared Sam's lab and slowed his pace. His hand reached down into his pocket, his fingers gently toying with the edge of her keys. He peeked through the door but her lab was empty. He frowned and took a step forward to get a better look.

It was indeed empty.

He turned around, still frowning, and decided to check her quarters and office. Both of them were found empty as well.

"Are you searching for something, sir?" an Airman ask.

"Have you seen Major Carter?"

"I believe the last time I saw her she was heading towards the Locker Room, sir"

"Thanks" Jack nodded, looking back at him before walking away, "And you can take that smirk off your face, Airman"

The young man straightened his face quickly.

Stopping in front of the Locker Room, he knocked on the door as loudly as he could. Hearing no reply, he slowly pushed the door open, "Carter?"

No answers.

"Carter?" he repeated louder, stepping in. He was relieved he saw there was no one else around and no signs that the showers had been working. Her locker door was opened, making it harder for him to resist the urge of looking at what laid inside.

"Colonel"

Jack jumped and quickly turned around only to find a confused Sam standing in the entrance.

"Damn, Carter!"

"Sorry, sir" Sam blushed and walked around him back to her lockers. "Is there something wrong?"

"I, uh, had your keys..." he mumbled, giving the keys to its rightful owner.

"Thank you, sir. I thought I lost them somewhere outside" she breathed in relief and smiled.

"No problem"

They stayed silent for a few minutes before Sam turned back to her locker. She began inserting her gym clothes in her bag so she could wash them once back home, when she heard Jack clearing his throat. She turned around and saw him standing behind her. Smiling. A lot. Maybe too much.

"Sir?"

"Yes?"

"What are you smiling at?"

"At this situation" he said, taking a step towards her.

"What situation, sir?"

She was confused. It was written all over her face. And Jack was enjoying this. Not that he planned the whole thing. He would never think of doing such thing right here, but he could think of a couple who would.

He smiled.

Sam's temperature was beginning to rise. Was it her or has he become awfully close?

"I don't think I know what you mean, sir..." she breathed, swallowing hard.

"Jonas was right! We should use old Christmas tradition terms. I don't even understand how people can change such word!"

"What word?"

He smiled.

She frowned.

"Dung-on-a-twig" he whispered, inches from her face and grinning like crazy. Sam couldn't help herself but laugh as she raised her head to the ceiling only to see a mistletoe hanging above them.

"It's a tradition" Jack pointed out, raising his hand to touch the side of her face, "And I intend to follow it"

Their lips met.

Their eyes closed.

The world stopped.

His hands moved around her waist, pulling her slowly towards him. She made no effort to hold back.

This wasn't just a Christmas kiss.

Or a traditional kiss under a mistletoe.

It meant so much more.

-End-

Feedbacks please :)