samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-mail: cptcastor@aol.com

Status: sequels to follow

Sequel/ Season: None

Spoilers: None

Archive: SJ yes. Others just ask

Notes: Feedback is a must. Boost my Ego, please


"SG1 to the briefing room." Came the announcement over the intercom. Sam turned to Janet. Holding onto Janet's hand, Sam was unsure if she wanted to do this.

"Sam, you know you do not have to do this." Janet said. " I can tell General Hammond and then no one has to know, or I could even tell them for you." Janet was just trying to save Sam from additional pain.

Since 1600 hours yesterday, Sam felt as if she had been in pure hell. She had taken the past week off on personal leave to take care of some business. Only Janet knew what was going on. Now it was time to let the others in on the secret.

Janet and Sam walked quietly to the briefing room. Before opening the door, Sam stopped and took a deep breath.

"Things will be fine." Janet reassured her.

Walking in, Jack turned and looked at them. "Well it is about time. Major it is not like you to be late like this." Jack commented as a small verbal reprimand.

"Actually Colonel, I am the reason why you are here in the meeting. Dr. Fraiser called The General and asked him to call you all here. I need to talk to you all." Sam took a deep breath. Jack turned his head and his expression. By the look in his face, he was preparing for bad news.

"As you know I have been out the past week on personal business. Last week during my yearly Mammogram, there were several small masses detected. Last week I underwent a biopsy and yesterday I was diagnosed with breast cancer."

At that point, Jack forgot all protocols, and moved as close to Sam as he could get and took her into his arms. He felt as if he was about to lose the woman he never started to have yet.

"There is more. Tomorrow, I go into the hospital and undergo a radical mastectomy. From there we are going to find out of Radiation or Chemotherapy are needed." Sam seemed to be really calm, but Jack knew that she was shaking like crazy. He could not be sure though. It may be him that is doing the shaking.

"Major, I do not want you worrying about your duties here at the SGC, but is there anything we can do?" The General asked. To him it felt like it was his child. He too moved close taking Sam's hand.

"Actually, I would like to contact my father. I think he needs to know. And Sorry guys, but I would like to Talk to Colonel O'Neill alone." Sam said.

"Sam, what about a Sarcophagus? Or how about a Tok'ra?" Daniel said before he left.

"No Daniel, I cannot take another set of Memories in my head, and even if we could get our hands on a sarcophagus, I would not use it because of the side effects. No I am going to fight this the old fashion way." Sam said.

Everyone but Jack left the room. When the last person was out, Sam spoke, "Jack…"

Jack cut her off, "Sam, listen to me. I love you, I always have. I am not going to let you do this alone. I am going to be with you through everything. Through the surgery, the medications and the puking. I will be there to hold your hand and your head." Jack then took Sam's face in his hands, "I love you, Sam."

"I was hoping you would say that. I love you, Jack. I want you to be with me through this. I need you with me."



End