samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author: Kris Bailey

E-mail: cptcastor@aol.com

Status: sequels to follow

Sequel/ Season: Life's Little Curve: Part One: Diagnosis Life's Little Curve: Part Two: Night Before Life's Little Curve: Part Three: The Call

Spoilers: None

Archive: SJ yes. Others just ask

Notes: Feedback is a must. Boost my Ego, please


Jack's POV



Sam is asleep. That is good. She needs it. She has a trying day tomorrow and greater challenges ahead of her. I on the other hand cannot sleep. All I can do is sit here and watch this Gem to the world sleep.

I am so wrapped up in Sam, that I did not hear a thing. It was not until I heard the bedroom door close that I realized that Sam and I were not alone. I assume that Jacob had entered. We did leave I hook off so that he could enter, but it could be anyone. Fearing for what may happen, I quickly get dressed and enter the living room stealthily.

I see Jacob sitting on the couch. His head is rested in his hands. In a way I can feel his pain, a father to father pain that we both share. "Jacob?" I question.

"I did not mean to wake you. Go back to bed." Jacob said.

"Trust me, I was not asleep. I was watching Sam sleep. Look about what you walked into." I started but his look cut me off.

"What I walked into was something that should have happened long age. George and I both knew it would eventually happen. But, Son, you are and Sam were too stubborn to realize it until now."

Jacob was right. I did not know what I had until the threat of losing it comes into play. I look at my watch and notice that is in only 2200 hours. Sam and I have been home and in bed together since 1000 hours.

"Come into the Kitchen. I do not want to wake Sam. And I know I need someone to talk to right now." Jacob said and I agree.

I walk over to the counter and put on a pot of Coffee. And then I rummage through the fridge for something to eat. "Jacob?"

"Sorry, I was thinking. There is so much that my little girl has not done. She has never been married. Never had the chance to have a little girl of her own. Just now she has realized her true love. Her soul mate." I was shocked about the last part. "Jack, above all else and anyone else, she will need you the most."

I look at Jacob; "I am not going anywhere. I will not leave her. In fact, I am going to talk to General Hammond about getting pulled off gate travel until Sam can go on gate travel again. I plan on being with her every step of the way."

"You are?" I expected that question, but I did not expect to hear it from Sam.

"Now didn't I put you to bed and were you not suppose to be asleep?" I reply getting up from the Chair and meeting Sam.

"Yes you did, and last time I checked, you were with me. But I am starving. I have less than 2 hours to eat before I can have no food and water." Sam said. She walked over to her Dad then.

"Hey Sammy." He said. They both hugged and I could tell Sam was crying again. "Oh Sammy, like Jack, I am here for you."

"Why don't you two sit down and I will cook some dinner. You do have food in this Place, Right Sam?" I ask giving her one of my trademark smile and a kiss as I pull the chair out for her.

The tension in the room drifted into laughter. The three of us spent time together (well I have to say it) as a family.



The End