samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-mail: cptcastor@aol.com

Status: sequels to follow

Sequel/ Season: Life's Little Curve: Part One: Diagnosis Life's Little Curve: Part Two: Night Before Life's Little Curve: Part Three: The Call Life's Little Curve: Part Four: The Love Life's Little Curve: Part Five: All Day Life's Little Curve: Part Six: Aftermath of Surgery Life's Little Curve: Part Seven: Changing Tunes Life's Little Curve: Part Eight: Back to Work

Spoilers: None

Archive: SJ yes. Heliopolis yes, others just let me know.

I am very interested as to what you have to say about this series, so please send me feedback.

(As you can tell, now the time frame is going to be more spread out now that the initial hump is over.)


Jack's POV



I lay in bed just watching Sam sleep. I have been doing this every morning for the past three and a half months now. Besides being there for Sam, I wish there was more I could do. I want to take it all away.

We did get good news yesterday. Sam is now down to 2 chemotherapy treatments a week and the dosage has been cut in half. We spent last night celebrating in our own private way. That is how we preferred it.

I get out of bed and go into the kitchen. I turn on the TV to watch the news while I get the coffee started and the paper. I suddenly stop what I am doing to watch the weather report.

"Alan Banks is at the Cancer foundation in Colorado Springs this morning with your weather. Alan?" the anchor of the news announced.

"Morning everyone. For those just joining, I am here at the Cancer foundation and today is the annual registration day for 'Race for a Cure' it is the annual Marathon for breast cancer research. Here we have Sophie Willams. She founded the Marathon in this area."

"That's right. It all started when my sister was diagnosed 10 years ago. She has been in remission for almost 9 and a half years now."

"That great. Now what would someone have to do to enter the marathon?" Alan asked.

"Just come by the office we are open now until midnight tonight." Sophie said.

"And the office is here at Parks and Shepherd. Ok your forecast today will be a high of 57 and clear." I tuned Alan out after that. I headed over to the phone and started making some phone calls.

"Hello," Said a very groggy Daniel on the other end of the line. In the background I could hear a distinct doctor say, "Daniel just shoot him."

"Danny, I did not realize that Janet was giving you a complete physical at home. Maybe I should call back." I said finding it hard not to laugh.

"Jack it is alright. What do you need? Is Sam alright?" Daniel asked. It was then that I notice that Janet grumbled a lot less.

"Danny, I was wondering of you would be interested in running in a 10 k marathon for Sam this weekend. It is to help breast cancer research." I said. I wanted to try and get as many people from the SGC to do this not just for Sam but for all the people infected.

"You bet I would." Daniel said. Then I gave Daniel all the information. When I finished, I left myself to go and register.

When I got there, I was surprised. It seemed that half of the SGC was there already. They were signing up for Sam. Alan came over to all of us in Fatigues or uniforms and decided that he wanted to put us on the news.

"All of you are here for the Marathon. There has never been such a turn out of military personnel before. Might I put you all on." I was skeptical but I though about what this was about and decided to it. All of us gathered together.

Daniel and Teal'c stood beside me along with Feretti and Janet on either side of them. Suddenly the cameral came on.

"Thanks Linda, I am here for the Annual Race for the Cure registration and I have here with me A group of Airforce personnel along with some Marines and civilian contractors stationed here at Norad. What might I ad brings you all out to sign up?"

Because she is my Sam, I became the spokesman.

"One very special Major is currently fighting the battle with breast cancer. Our Major is special. Without her, our department would just crumble. We are here to support her in her fight. And it is not just for her, but it is for every one." I was not sure I could say that much. But I did.

"She sounds real special. And I am sure I speak for us all when I say we hope she is prevailing in her fight. Thank-you." Alan said and then turned. "And now for your five day forecast…"

"Thanks, Guys for coming out." I say not really sure how they found out.

"Well when Danny called the base, General Hammond made an announcement. Jack honestly, I do not know how we beat you here." Feretti said.

"After I got off the phone with Space Monkey here, I did have to shower and such. Look I have to go home and get Sam, and we will see you all later." I then claimed back into my car and headed home.

When I got home, Sam was sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in her hands and watching the news. I moved over to sit next to her. She leaned forward and put the cup on the coffee table. She then turned to me.

"I cannot believe what I just saw 15 minutes ago." I took a gulp. I cannot tell Sam's reaction. Well that was for a minute. A tear fell from her eye.

"Sam?"

"Jack, That had to be the best thing anyone one has ever done for me. And to have half of the SGC there as well made it all sweet. Oh the things you do Jack O'Neill. I love you very much." Sam then moved close.

I take my thumbs and wipe away her tears and we kiss passionately. "Sam, I want you in my life forever." I say then I get up and move over to the entertainment center/bookshelf. I reach behind the TV to reveal a small box. "I was going to wait and give this to you when we celebrate you remission, however I cannot wait."

I take my spot next to Sam again. "I love you Major Samantha Carter. It scares me every day that I may lose you. I do not want that. I want to be with you always. I want you as my wife. Forever. So Sam, will you be my wife?"

I cannot believe I just did that. Sure I did that one before with Sara, but this time, this time with Sam is a lot different. First of all I am no longer a child, I am an adult.

"Yes. I will marry you," Sam then had a smile on her face, "Colonel."

I slip the ring on her finger, then we get up and go to the base.

The Marathon happened the following Saturday. Teal'c actually won, but we all completed the 10 k.



The End