samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-mail: cptcastor@aol.com

Status: sequels to follow

Sequel/ Season: Life's Little Curve: Part One: Diagnosis Life's Little Curve: Part Two: Night Before Life's Little Curve: Part Three: The Call Life's Little Curve: Part Four: The Love Life's Little Curve: Part Five: All Day Life's Little Curve: Part Six: Aftermath of Surgery Life's Little Curve: Part Seven: Changing Tunes

Spoilers: None

Archive: SJ yes. Heliopolis yes, others just let me know.

I am very interested as to what you have to say about this series, so please send me feedback.


Jacob's POV



"No!" I protested. I cannot believe what the council was suggesting. //Jacob, I agree with you.// Selmac assured me. This was indeed a surprise. Selmac rarely goes against the council.

I turned to look at Telmak as he spoke. "Jacob, we know of your need to protect your daughter through her illness, however, if we are to win our battle with the Gou'ald, then SG1, including Major Carter, must with the representatives of the Furlings. This is of their request."

I have no choice but to slightly relent, "I will go and talk with SG1, however if they choose that now is not the time for Samantha to travel, or I get there and her health is failing, then we must offer an alternative. Thor will have to make them understand. I just want to make it clear that I protest against this."

"Jacob, we need them." Anise (ok Tok'ra Spice hehe you got me to say it. But I have a better name) said.

"That is the best offer that I can make at this time." I said.

"That is not good enough." Anise again replied.

"IT IS GOING TO HAVE TO BE!" I yelled with all my emotions behind my words. "I am taking Charlie with me and we will leave immediately." I then left the chamber and headed to my area where I gathered my things including my GDO and Charlie. Together we headed to the Stargate.



Jack's POV



I sit here in Dr. Adam's waiting room with Sam. I am becoming more concerned for her with each passing day. Although she would not admit it, she has become more tired. She takes about 2 naps a day now. She is right now resting up against my arms. I hold her tight as she closes her eyes.

Shivers go up and down her body. I cannot tell if she is cold or scared. I for one am scared. Today we are getting the results back from the major tests she had run last week.

"Major Carter." The nurse called. I nudged Sam and then took hold of her as we walked through the door. "First off lets check your weight." The nurse continued directing Sam to the scale. I watch and sigh at the result. I know that this is going to be a discussion the Doctor is going to talk to us about. Then the Nurse took Sam's blood pressure. That will be point number 2 that he will bring up.

We finally get into an exam room and Sam then sits in the chair. "Hey, why don't you hop upon the table, you could sleep some." I suggest looking at her weary eyes. She in return gives me a hateful glance.

"I am happy in the chair. I am sick of exam tables. To be honest, I am sick of all this, Jack." Sam scowled. "I don't want to do this anymore."

"Do what?" I ask knowing the answer.

"Fight this!" Sam yelled.

Now I felt sick inside. This was another thing I was told to expect, however, I did not expect it out of My Sam. I knew compassion would not work right now. What she needed was her CO. I jumped off of the table and stood in front of her. "Major, does my ears deceive me or are you going AWOL from this war? Giving up is not an option." I started in on her.

Sam looked at me with those same hateful eyes. "With all due respect, SIR, you cannot order me to fight a war that I am going to lose."

That did it for me. This was the first time Sam gave up on anything and accepted defeat. I am not going to stand for it. "You never gave up on anything before. Why start now? You have faced tougher odds and prevailed. This is no different."

"This is different. This is happening inside me." Sam said.

"Right, it is but we are all going through this with you. Granted your part is the hardest, but Sam, you are far from alone. We need you to fight. I need you to fight." I get on my knees and move close in front of her. "I need you. Without you, there is no meaning in life for me."

Sam started crying and I grabbed her and held her tight. "Let's see what the doc has to say." I suggest before she even considers quitting.

We hop up on the table and I pull Sam onto my lap, holding her as if I was holding a child.



General Hammond's POV



"Unscheduled incoming traveler." The announcement was made as the alarms went off. I get out of my desk and rush down to the control room.

"Do we have a signal, Son?" I ask.

"None yet, hold on. Computer recognized IDC belonging to General Carter." Simmons said.

"Open the Iris. I commanded. About a year ago, we decided to give Jacob his personal GDO and IDC code. That decision came so we know if it was him or some other Tok'ra. It was actually Jack's idea after all the fiasco with Anise. Don't tell him this but I agree with him on this one.

I go down to the Embarkation room to greet Jacob. I also find myself greeting his small companion. "Welcome Jacob, Charlie. What do we owe the pleasure?"

"George, can we talk to you?" Jacob asked.

"Sure, we can go into my office." I say.

"General Hammond?" Charlie started.

"Yes, Charlie." I ask remembering that he is no longer called 'son.'

"May I have more ice cream?" Charlie asked. I put a smile on my face. I notice that Jacob did too.

I looked around the room and picked the first person my eyes came to. "Lt. Colonel Feretti, why don't you find Charlie some ice cream."

"Yes, Sir." Feretti said and they were off.

As Jacob and I walked up to the office, I turned to Lt. Simmons. "Son, Page colonel O'Neill, Tell him that Jacob is here and that he and Major Carter need to come to the SGC when they are finished."

"Yes, sir."

We made it up the stairs and I closed the door to my office. We were both seated and comfortable before I opened my mouth. "What is this all about Jacob? I know that look on your face." I said. He then went into the details of what the Tok'ra suggested.



Sam's POV



I look into Jack's eyes and thinking that I was a fool for thinking the way I did. How could I give up on my life? Giving up on this is the same as giving up on a life with Jack. I could never do that. I smile at Jack and caress his Cheek.

"I am sorry." I say. I truly am.

"I know you are love." Jack responded then by a kiss. I went more into the kiss making it more passionate as if this was our first kiss that we shared.

Our kiss was interrupted but a loud clearing of the throat sound. "Am I interrupting anything here?" Dr. Adams said.

"Yea, Doc. A little foreplay." Jack said.

"Well, if you do not mind, I am running a clinic here. The Sex workshop is in the next building." I laugh, and I feel my cheeks blush. "Well Major, Lets talk here. I am concerned about your weight. You have lost another 5 pounds since you last appointment. You now weigh 108. I do not like that. If you lose anymore, I am going to pull you from active duty, and place you in the hospital until you gain weight."

"We wouldn't want that." Jack whispered in my ear. I feel myself sinking like a child being yelled at.

"And you low blood pressure concerns me as well." The Doc added.

"I agree with that. And Doc, she has been tired more and sleeps a lot. Like she has lost energy." I look at Jack. It is almost as if I am not in the room. I did not want the Doc knowing.

"I can fix that I hope. I want to put you on a drug called Procrit. It should help with you fatigue, and it should also should help with your low blood pressure." The Doc then turned and made notes. He handed the prescription to Jack.

"Alright, We have all the test results back now and I have good news and bad news. I think it is better to start with the bad news. I am upping the dosage to you treatments a bit." I could not stop the tears started flowing. Upping the dosage means it is getting worse.

"Hey, Sam, it is ok." Jack said as he brushed the tears from my face, "Lets hear the good news before we think the worse."

"Major, he is right, I am reducing you down to one treatment a week. You are getting better. I promise." The Doc said.

"I am?" I questioned.

"Yes, in fact it is amazing how fast you are recovering." The Doc smiled.

That was a bit weight lifted off of my shoulders. I was afraid that I might be getting worse. And here I was thinking about giving up when I was winning. How stupid is that?

Suddenly Jacks beeper goes off.

"Listen you two. I have already called Dr. Fraiser about the changes to the treatments, so you are good to go. Have Fun." The doc then exited the room.

"Sam, beautiful, you are winning." Jack sad as he dug down in his pocket for his beeper. "Let say we go and tell, Dad." I look at him.

"Apparently, Dad is at the SGC."



Jacob's POV



"Dad?" I hear the voice of an angel from behind me. Well she is to me. I and I bet she is to Jack as well. It has been several months since I have been able to return to see how things are going. She has a good expression on her face even though she looks like she has been through hell.

"Hey there. Have a seat. We have been waiting for you two." I motion them to the table where General Hammond, Dr. Jackson, Teal'c and Doctor Fraiser are all waiting.

She looks at me then she sits. "Ok, the reason I am here is to tell you all something that could aid in winning over the Gou'ald. I am totally against the idea but I promised the Council that I would in fact leave the decision up to you. Thor has visited with the Tok'ra. Apparently the Furlings are wanting to meet the Tau'ri. Here is the deal. They want to meet with all the members of SG1."

"When do we move out?" Sam said ready to do.

"Just wait a minute, Kiddo. The mission would take you away from earth for about a month. There is no way you are skipping any of your treatments to go." Jacob said as her father.

"Don't you think that is my decision? How often is it when we are requested to meet with a member of the Alliance of Nations? If this helps Earth, the I am in for it." Sam says.

"Sam?" Jack started to protest.

"Look, Doctor Fraiser is out only physician we have right now, so she cannot go. I am afraid it is out of the Question Major." General Hammond said backing me up. Way to go George.

"Jack?" Sam says with a pleading eye. He then gives in.

"Look, the Doc decreased her treatments to once a week, and he did say that she was on the road to recovery. I can give her the treatments. I have been doing it for the past 3 months anyway."

"He is right he can do it better than I can." Janet said helping her Cause. All of a sudden, things seem to going the other way then what they were suppose to be.

"Dad, I really do appreciate what you are doing, but this is my Job, my life. Let me do it." Sam then uses those puppy dog eyes on me. I just melted.

"Alright," Ok so I caved in. It was not the first time and it was not the last.

"Alright SG1 you have a go. You will embark at 0800 tomorrow. Dismissed." Hammond said. The as he got up to leave, Sam and Jack stood up like Soldiers should.

"Dad." Sam called out as everyone was leaving. I stayed behind along with Sam and Jack.

"Yeah, Kiddo?" I smile at her. Though I disagreed with her going on the mission, she made me proud.

"Sir, I would like you permission to marry your daughter." All I could think when Jack asked was 'It is about Damn time.'

"Jack, You do not need my permission or my blessing because you already have my daughter's heart and that is all you need. And I think you could call me Dad now." I say. The smile on Sam's face was the best smile I have seen from her in a long, long time.



The End