samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author: Heather Marshall (most of my other fic are under 'Heather' but as we now have more than one I'll write under 'Heather Marshall'

Spoilers: None

Archiving: SJRA, Heliopolis, and anyone else please ask first.

Feedback: YES PLEASE!!! I LOVE IT!!! as long as it isn't pointless critisism, if you want to tell me how crap it is, sure go ahead, just tell me how I can improve it as well or I won't listen to a word you say ;D

Author's Notes: I know there aren't any characteristics of the people, I did this deliberatly, but I know who I was thinking of when I wrote this and I'm sure most of you will be thinking of the same couple ;D Big thanks to my betas Sarah and Katie! Thanks for putting up with me. Ok that's it from me so enjoy!


The groom watched his bride. She stood laughing with her bridesmaids. She was beautiful, she was perfect. Slowly she turned around, sensing him watching her. Her face lit up with one of those beautiful smiles of hers that warmed his entire being. Her eyes sparkled and danced as the smile made it's way across her features.

The DJ put on the first song of the reception.



Hoping praying. I've been waiting
Everybody needs somebody to love



Slowly they began to move towards each other, everyone else in the room disappearing from their thoughts, their minds focused only on each other. She's beautiful, he's beautiful. She's mine, he's mine.



There's no question, straight from heaven
You're my angel, I'm so crazy for you



They silently echoed the words of the song in their minds. Each fully agreeing with it. It spoke their exact feelings, thoughts, emotions for each other. It was as though someone had pulled out their hopes, dreams, and desires and woven them into this beautiful song.



You're a Godsend
A blessing from above



They met in the middle of the dance floor. A foot apart, they stopped and gazed at each other. Their love written in full over their faces.



You've been God-sent to me
You're a Godsend



Everyone around them watched, silent.



I've been dreaming of
You're a Godsend



He reached out to her the back of his hand gently caressing the side of her face. Her hand came up to cover his. She leant into his touch. Their eyes never parting.



Holding your hand, touching your face
I will love you now and always I swear



Very slowly the began to dance to the song. They moved closer. Their hearts overflowing with love for each other. The emotions coursed strongly through them - joy, love, contentment, security. They knew they had finally found home, completion. Tears threatened to spill over.



I will never forget that first moment we met
When two worlds collided and I found my best friend



They moved closer together, their arms moving around each other. Her arms hugging his waist, as he held her to him. His arms tightening around her.



You're a Godsend
A blessing from above
You've been God-sent to me
You're a Godsend
I've been dreaming of
You're a Godsend



Silent tears fell down the faces of several watching them. It was obvious that these two would last. They would be together till they drew their last breath. Life would not be perfect, it never was, but they would survive, together.



I was made for you, you were made for me
In this lonely world, we were meant to be in love

I will never forget that first moment we met
When two worlds they crashed in
And I found my best friend

You're a Godsend
A blessing from above
You've been God-sent to me
You're a Godsend
I've been dreaming of
You're a Godsend



As they last strains of the song faded away they drew apart. He bent down and kissed the palm of her hand. His hand smoothing a stray lock of hair back into her veil.



The angel smiled
The two halves had found each other
Intertwining to become one soul
Shattered pieces mending
Scars and pain, soothed
They completed each other,
They were whole